Summon Return for mounts

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Lilira
Sojourner
Posts: 1438
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:53 pm

Summon Return for mounts

Postby Lilira » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:43 am

There is a command.. not known by many I guess. I know of it cus I've seen it used and I asked...

Summon Return

What's it do?? Why it returns all summoned mounts to their place of original existance.

Instead of cluttering up the inn, use this nifty command before leaving. It only takes a second.

Whoever is in charge of the help files, could I humbly suggest this be added to the summon mount help file??

Pretty please?

The echo when they leave is sooo cool.

Thanks.
lintral
Sojourner
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:06 am

Postby lintral » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:37 am

If you'd rather not use summon return, I'm perfectly content to kill your god-granted mount and animate it to serve me. Having a convenient mob I can ride to a quite location, kill in safety and animate into something useful is handy.

So please, carry on leaving them around!
Latreg
Sojourner
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:47 pm
Location: Roanoke,Va

Postby Latreg » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:08 pm

lintral wrote:If you'd rather not use summon return, I'm perfectly content to kill your god-granted mount and animate it to serve me. Having a convenient mob I can ride to a quite location, kill in safety and animate into something useful is handy.

So please, carry on leaving them around!


you may as well, because if you re-enter the game they won't re-follow you even if you try using claim, you get you can't claim something that is already yours, or something lke that. All you can do is re-summon another.
fotex
Sojourner
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon May 12, 2003 12:23 am

Postby fotex » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:12 pm

If you don't like the clutter, you can always mount the horse and ride it out of the inn. In general I like finding a horse at the inn that I can ride out to ds. 8)
Yasden
Sojourner
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Postby Yasden » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:15 pm

Too lazy to cast phantom steed? :P
Lilira
Sojourner
Posts: 1438
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:53 pm

Postby Lilira » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:54 pm

fotex wrote:If you don't like the clutter, you can always mount the horse and ride it out of the inn. In general I like finding a horse at the inn that I can ride out to ds. 8)


But Fotex,, why should we have to clean up the Pally/AntiPali/Ranger mess? Especially since rangers shouldn't leave messes. *grin*

Lil
Lorsalian
Sojourner
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:01 am

Postby Lorsalian » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:03 am

Lilira wrote:But Fotex,, why should we have to clean up the Pally/AntiPali/Ranger mess? Especially since rangers shouldn't leave messes. *grin*


What does this have to do with Rangers? All those mounts you see us with are tamed from others -- you could perhaps put dires into that, but I don't think 'summon return' works with tamed mounts. (I'll have to try that sometime .. hehe)

Personally, I'm unsure where my opinion would be on this issue. Quite convienant for charge practice to have a high-level mount, but then again, my collection at the stables is full.

*shrug*
Thanuk OOC: 'thats 6 years of hard work, come to fruitition in 1 single statement'
Was Felton Orm the "Wizard of Auz" ?

Lorsalian Silvermist -- Seeker of the Complete MUD Cookkit

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest