storage

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Latreg
Sojourner

storage

Postby Latreg » Tue May 03, 2005 4:48 pm

has anyone looked into importing the homeland storage chest system? This could be helpful until the guild hall system is in. There's lost of stuff I would keep for newbies instead of selling or junking, but my inn storage is getting full and it's too much to carry around. Even if one was placed in scardale with a donate command to take it out of inventory and place it in that chest. Just some random thoughs while I'm at work ;)
Sangdraxus
Sojourner

Postby Sangdraxus » Tue May 03, 2005 5:41 pm

Look me up when I am in game... I am a newbie (this lifetime) that needs all kinds of help!
Sangdraxus Blackfire - 50th Level Anti-Paladin
Sangdraxus - 60th Undead Warrior - Whisperwind
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Tue May 03, 2005 6:57 pm

Zonerunner had a donate command. Was great, could get rid of junk eq you dont want without dumping it on the ground in some public place, and new players had lots of random piece of eq to choose from.

donate <item name in inventory>

The item would be put in a room in the main city called "The Warehouse" where anybody could go rummage around for stuff. Probably not very important, but could be kind of cool if this existed and the room where items appeared was in Scardale or something.

Storage size has never been an issue for me, but I always have my storage pretty organized and keep things sorted in different containers.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Mon May 09, 2005 1:39 pm

I like that donate idea, for some donation chest in scardale, and items can only be removed from the chest in scardale, tho with input donation portals in all hometowns.
With some confirmation message when you go to donate, saying "Are you sure you wish to donate a twisted metallic blue bracelet to the Scardale city chest?" etc.
Which retains all items inside it across reboots/crashes.
And this chest gets automatically purged every MUD year (about 4 real days) or something.
On the due day to emtpy the chest, some !fight mage in scardale could shout at the start of the day something about the annual clearing of the chest, which then happens at the end of that game day (24 mins later), and the mage appears, announces the deed, closes and locks the chest, casts some spell like "Molecular Dispersion" (to which the chest is impervious), then unlocks and opens it, leaving it empty again, before vanishing.

One problem might be lots of junk (food, peices of paper, various useless items like dung etc.) being tossed in mightily and confusing the issue - unsure if some code could prevent this.
BEER

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”