Respond

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Botef
Sojourner

Respond

Postby Botef » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:39 pm

respond <message>

Sends a tell to the last person YOU sent a tell to, unlike reply which sends a message to the last person that sent you a tell.

------------

Reply works great, don't get me wrong I love it. But sometimes it gets annoying when lots of people send you tells and your trying to finish up a conversation with someone else. This seems like a simple enough command.

Keep Reply, add respond. :) Comments?
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:08 am

My 2 cents is I just manually tell to whoever manually. I've never used reply in the first place. Good old tab complete makes it easy. If I used reply a lot I would definitely want this respond idea to go in.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:23 am

i use reply...and get ninja'd alot lol. so when im talkin shit about people like targsk...i make sure i type tell <nuckingfutz> targsk is so gay.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
moritheil
Sojourner

Re: Respond

Postby moritheil » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:58 pm

Botef wrote:respond <message>

Sends a tell to the last person YOU sent a tell to, unlike reply which sends a message to the last person that sent you a tell.

------------

Reply works great, don't get me wrong I love it. But sometimes it gets annoying when lots of people send you tells and your trying to finish up a conversation with someone else. This seems like a simple enough command.

Keep Reply, add respond. :) Comments?

How about calling it "resend" or "retell" or something? Just to make it absolutely clear that you aren't "responding" to the last incoming line.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Lorsalian
Sojourner

Postby Lorsalian » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:22 am

Code: Select all

#CLASS {respond_class}
#ALIAS respond {tell @respond_class_name %1} "respond_class"
#VAR respond_class_name {Sotana} {_nodef} "respond_class"
#TRIGGER {You tell (%w) '(*)'} {#var respond_class_name %1} "respond_class"

Assuming no typos, just enter that, and rename the alias as wanted. One caveat is to click the "newline" box to make sure the copious "<name> oocs 'You tell ....'" madness doesn't mess with this.
Thanuk OOC: 'thats 6 years of hard work, come to fruitition in 1 single statement'
Was Felton Orm the "Wizard of Auz" ?

Lorsalian Silvermist -- Seeker of the Complete MUD Cookkit
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:08 pm

There is the 'reply hold' and 'reply clear' commands. However, I don't know if anyone has actually ever found these commands useful. I know I haven't, because they seem unintuitive to use.

Alternatively, you could write your own tell/respond aliases to do a respond, maybe something like this:

#alias mytell {tell %0;lastperson=%1}
#alias myrespond {tell @lastperson %0}
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:23 pm

The main problem with client-based solutions to the issue is that if a client were being used, tab completion (or even hitting the up key to cycle commands) would be all that you would need. I think this is being asked for to help telnet mudders, who are most in need of such features.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”