Bind/Unbind idea

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Lorsalian
Sojourner

Bind/Unbind idea

Postby Lorsalian » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:15 am

The amount of coding required for this might be prohibitive, but I thin kit to be at least a fair idea.

1) Remove the level restrictions on bind.

2) Replace with an opposed roll.

For those unfamiliar, the bind check for the binder would be the score to beat for the bindee. At a certain point, the level restrictions would re-assert themselves, but not until those train it.

3) Give the guards an extremely high binding skill -- making the Waterdavian watch something more than a joke.

-

This would allow those who are unable or unwilling to kill in town an opportunity to learn both how to tie and to escape.

Another option would be to split the two skills, but I personally think such would introduce too much complication, as the skills are complementary

*shrug*
Thanuk OOC: 'thats 6 years of hard work, come to fruitition in 1 single statement'
Was Felton Orm the "Wizard of Auz" ?

Lorsalian Silvermist -- Seeker of the Complete MUD Cookkit
Tida
Sojourner

Postby Tida » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:56 pm

that would be a cool idea, i would think. i don't like killing things in wd so thus i don't get to pratice this skill :)
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:49 pm

You don't have to kill at all to become wanted...I showed Lorsalian the trick so he could work on his unbind skill, find me in game or ask him how.

Problem is, unbind shouldn't be an actual skill, just an innate that works with justice. The skill itself has no bearing on any combat situations, and most likely never will. It ought to be outright removed in favor of said innate skill (str/level check as it is now).

Just my thoughts.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Lorsalian
Sojourner

Postby Lorsalian » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:17 pm

Yasden wrote:You don't have to kill at all to become wanted...I showed Lorsalian the trick so he could work on his unbind skill, find me in game or ask him how.

Problem is, unbind shouldn't be an actual skill, just an innate that works with justice. The skill itself has no bearing on any combat situations, and most likely never will. It ought to be outright removed in favor of said innate skill (str/level check as it is now).

Just my thoughts.

And neglected to tell me how the judge would overreact to said 'trick' :p
Thanuk OOC: 'thats 6 years of hard work, come to fruitition in 1 single statement'

Was Felton Orm the "Wizard of Auz" ?

Lorsalian Silvermist -- Seeker of the Complete MUD Cookkit
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:06 pm

Lorsalian wrote:
Yasden wrote:You don't have to kill at all to become wanted...I showed Lorsalian the trick so he could work on his unbind skill, find me in game or ask him how.

Just my thoughts.

And neglected to tell me how the judge would overreact to said 'trick' :p

I said: "You'll get thrown in jail, just get up and walk out, and in 3 minutes you'll be wanted."

You must've missed that tell. :P
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”