Tenser's Transformation Idea as I saw

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.

Tensor Transformation a good idea for mages?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 16
Pisalos
Sojourner

Tenser's Transformation Idea as I saw

Postby Pisalos » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:37 pm

//::///////////////////////////////////////////////
//:: Tensor's Transformation //
//:: NW_S0_TensTrans.nss //
//:: Copyright (c) 2001 Bioware Corp. //
//:://////////////////////////////////////////////

Gives the caster the following bonuses:
+1 Attack per 2 levels
+4 Natural AC
20 STR and DEX and CON
1d6 Bonus HP per level
+5 on Fortitude Saves
-10 Intelligence

**As seen on http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic ... 7&forum=42

I know you couldn't duplicate this speoll for hiere but i think it'd be great if mages could use and gain 75% hitroll only of level of warrior or what? I was trying to search other ideas in formum but wanted tos ee what others think.

Mages don't do much melee damage, so it would do lots of fun.

Sidenote: I did not vote

EDIT

I think only good think to do is make mage gain hitroll of what warrior would be but nothing else in this spell. I not trying to see if mage can fight like warrior, just hit better. mage does less hitting than they do castinhg so would be fun anyway.
Last edited by Pisalos on Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Re: Tenser's Transformation Idea as I saw

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:01 pm

Pisalos wrote://::///////////////////////////////////////////////
//:: Tensor's Transformation //
//:: NW_S0_TensTrans.nss //
//:: Copyright (c) 2001 Bioware Corp. //
//:://////////////////////////////////////////////

Gives the caster the following bonuses:
+1 Attack per 2 levels
+4 Natural AC
20 STR and DEX and CON
1d6 Bonus HP per level
+5 on Fortitude Saves
-10 Intelligence

**As seen on http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic ... 7&forum=42

I know you couldn't duplicate this speoll for hiere but i think it'd be great if mages could use and gain 75% hitroll only of level of warrior or what? I was trying to search other ideas in formum but wanted tos ee what others think.

Mages don't do much melee damage, so it would do lots of fun.

Sidenote: I did not vote

To be honest, i find it hard to believe mages need anyhting to buff em up.
Mages as a whole, are doing significantly better in balance than most
melee classes. Adding this to mages (including the fact they already have
near as many hp as most warriors) would be more harmful than anything.
I think this would make them much like the elemental supertanks of
days past. Not quite as disposeable, but equally as powerful. Why play
a warrior when you can be a mage that can be a warrior? All a warrior
has to do is take hits. So his hit/dam is irrelevant for the mostpart. It is
all based on their hp and tank skills.
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:16 pm

It'd add mid level solo fun but got it'd take forever to kill something with a mage weapon.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:01 am

If you allowed this, it would be the least practical, and possibly the least used, spell of all time.

If a mage transforms into a warrior they don't have their magic anymore. Now you can try to hit him with your puny mage weapon and not have any spells to use. You just transformed yourself into a mid-level warrior with crappy gear (hope you are in podville)
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:36 am

I disagree; I don't think it would be the least used spell ever. There are other candidates for that. (fumble comes to mind)

Anyway. This spell will be really useful for those players that are able to equip their chars really well. If this spell should be balanced into the game then a mage with the most warrior like gear should be considered. Balance for the regular player would then be that n00bs would never use the spell.

If the transformation also gave increased defense, dodge, parry. Then spell should disable mage from casting spells. (Like druid shape change). Else it would be major upgrade to soloing mages.

I therefore conclude spell will promote soloing and be bad for grouping, and mainly be good for the l33t.
Pisalos
Sojourner

Postby Pisalos » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:45 pm

What I was thinking when I started this was that the spell would make you hit as well as a warrior that was 75% or higher of your level. I don't xpect someone to get more defenxive skills or anything other than just hitting better. Fairy fire is there to hit things. so coukd this spell. some htings take so long to kill with spells, it is nuts. I really do think i could kill some things hitting it more than spells. o and vigis braught up good point that if you get privlige of having better hitroll, you should fail spells even more if you try to cast but still can hitroll better, when using the spell. Hope that made sense!

so if you automatically lose quick chant when TT is cast on yourself. the other penalty could be your spells could fail 50% more often
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:27 pm

If you're casting a spell you're not hitting, so what's the sense of having a higher hitroll while still having the ability to cast spells? With the time you spend hitting, you could use even your lowest nukes and still do more damage since you mentioned nothing about damroll or being able to wield/wear warriorable eq.

Oh, and the suggestion you listed first from that link definitely sounds a little too overpowered for the workings of this mud.

Keep coming up with the ideas, whether they're good or bad or somewhere in the middle. :)
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:53 pm

is it permanent? I used to solo archers inmy twenties cuz melee was much faster than using my puny low level spells (lightning bolt and chill touch, oooooh). Course, I rolled a battlemage stat-wise anyhow, and I still wear tank gear these days... Gotta sayn tho, what with pretty much half mage items giving an int or even max int bonus...ten points isnt much of a cost..

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”