2h warrior skill

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Pisalos
Sojourner

2h warrior skill

Postby Pisalos » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:23 pm

wow hurray for mr wickim's class. I just thought of a use for that word he taught us i didn't think i'd ever need:

CIRCUMVENTUS
Reflexive skill.

Class/Level: Warrior 5th, Anti-Paladin/Paladin 45th
The "circumventus" skill benefits those wielding two-handed weapons to take advantage of the weapon's length in evading melee damage, based on proficiency of knowledge.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:05 pm

I like the idea, it may have to be worked out a little based on the fact that Pallies/Anti's are known for using 2handers while warriros tend to be better at shield/sword but i give it a thumbs up.

Pril
Vandic
Sojourner

Postby Vandic » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:22 pm

Pril wrote:I like the idea, it may have to be worked out a little based on the fact that Pallies/Anti's are known for using 2handers while warriros tend to be better at shield/sword but i give it a thumbs up.

Pril

Agree, but the only reason so many warriors are doing shield/1h is because their current skills support this as a better tanking mode.

With a comparable 2h skill they could still fend off damage (maybe not as well as with a shield) and make this viable for situations where a 2h weapon might be preferred (i.e., smasher/crusher for !bash mobs).

Only hitch I see is that a giant with 8 foot arms won't much care about the length of a 4 foot sword, but then we get into the whole "reality" debate again.
Vandic wields a massive mithril axe of gazebo chopping.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:08 pm

Sounds Nifty! :)

It's like shieldblock for 2h weapons!

Ooo! What about Minor Parry, which is a similar skill that only works when wielding 2 weapons?

Ooo! And Enhanced Dodge, which only works when wielding a 1h weapon and not using a shield or holding anything?

Oops, sorry. There I go again. :\
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:52 pm

How many ogre warriors in the mud would forgo the shield and go 2handed if they had a skill that could displace the loss of a shield? Probably all of them.

The only reason pallys and anti's go 2handed is because of their nifty weapons. Lower the damage dice, make them one handed, and poof.. every pally and anti will be wearing a shield.

I'm not sure on this, but can anti's and pally's 2hand while mounted?
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:58 pm

ogres 2h anyway cuz they virtually don't miss bash as it is. Unless you've hired a pocket enchanter, ogres aren't tanks vs. duergar/troll it seems.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:57 am

Both can 2hand mounted, you need mounted combat... or is it just mount, somewhere around 75. It's been a while since I cared.
emote Rescuepractice
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:20 am

interesting idea, id say limit it to polearms or 2hmisc or 2h piercing or something instead of just 2h.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:21 am

Raiwen wrote:How many ogre warriors in the mud would forgo the shield and go 2handed if they had a skill that could displace the loss of a shield? Probably all of them.

The only reason pallys and anti's go 2handed is because of their nifty weapons. Lower the damage dice, make them one handed, and poof.. every pally and anti will be wearing a shield.

I'm not sure on this, but can anti's and pally's 2hand while mounted?

A) yes we can 2h mount

b) if ya took away our weopons we'd still wield 2h because we get all kinds of bonuses while 2handing which is why i say that pallies are 2h masters. Ask a pallie who decides to wear hit/dam because he's doing exp what his hitroll is. if he's high level he'll tell you around 12 or so. Plus there's other bonuses.

Pril

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”