Shop suggestions

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Zolav
Sojourner

Shop suggestions

Postby Zolav » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:24 am

One of the biggest frustrations for me when I was first starting out was that I couldn't really tell what any piece of equipment in the shop was any good. The price wasn't a direct reflection of the items "goodness". So many times I bought something thinking it was good only to find out it sucked and I had dumped 10+ plat into something that wasn't any better than what I found off of a mob.

Return an item:

It would be nice if you could either return the item to the shop keeper. If you were allowed to return it, there would have to be some rules, such as maybe not returning an item as soon as you leave the shop.

Compare an item:

use a command of some sort to compare the shop keepers item in question to your own item of the same wear slot to tell you if it was better than your current item.

Shopkeeper identification:

When higher in level It would be nice to pay a fee to have the shopkeeper identify an item for you, even if it was the cost of an ID scroll. It would save having to buy the item and the scroll and ID it and not be able to return it.

Are you sure Toggle:

I can't tell you how many times I've seen an item and though great.. I wanna buy that and typed buy sword and it grabbed one of the other swords somewhere in the list. It would be nice to have a confirmation of some sort. "Are you sure you want to buy <items short description>?"

Zolav
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:27 pm

The best way to buy an item when there's a long list of potential multiples is to buy by the number of the item on the list.

1. a sword
2. another stinking sword
3. yet another silly sword

"Buy 3" will buy the item third on the list, yet another silly sword.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Zolav
Sojourner

Postby Zolav » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:10 am

It would be nice if it forced you to the items list numbers , there there wouldn't be any mistake about it.

Z
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:36 pm

I only use numbers in a few situations though...Some shops run out of an item after so many purchases, which means the next item will drop in rank.
Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:37 am

those actually seems like some good ideas it would help alot
-------------------------------------------------------
Alysia group-says 'Lilen immolates a terrified squirrel to a charred crisp with his devastating inferno!'
-------------------------------------------------------
Lilen group-says 'where are all da trolls i was promised'
Lilen has left the group.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”