Calender with events

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
malakwee
Sojourner

Calender with events

Postby malakwee » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:44 am

The mud has a calender system to indicate months.

Could we make the months mean something?

Ex:

1) a month where we have random solarflare where undead suffers certain disadvantages (including liches), where the light of the surface world goes into the underdark enough that surface dwellers are able to explore the underdark as if they have infravision.

2) a month where the sun is completely blocked by the moon resulting in perpetual twilight allowing the underdark race to freely explore the surface world, where undead gain (including liches) gain additional advantages.

3) a month where a grand alignment of the planets causing certain disruption in the planetary gravitational pulls causing random earthquakes in all the planes of existence.

Just suggesting so that the months can actually have some meaning to the game. It would be fun!!!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:40 pm

I'd love to see things like this... but honestly, without a more intense RP atmosphere, what does it all really mean? I don't see any point in adding RP flairs to a non-RP game.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:10 pm

Making nights last longer during the winter months would be cool, I don't know if the mud already does this?
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:50 am

I've been around Toril for almost 10 years now, and I couldn't even tell you which months ARE the winter months.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
malakwee
Sojourner

Postby malakwee » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:16 am

Ragorn
I've been around Toril for almost 10 years now, and I couldn't even tell you which months ARE the winter months.

Rofl ... good one.

Make some celebrations coded into the game that is celebrated in the major cities :P... that would be an awesome addition to the game

And who knows... something rare might load during those time only and just see those rare hunters at work :P
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Auril » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:52 am

We've done up a shopkeeper who's aware of the passing seasons, and modifies the wares for sale accordingly. It's a good reminder, though, that adding in things like this might interest some of our players. Thanks!
malakwee
Sojourner

Postby malakwee » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:46 am

woohoo!

sounds fun! thanks auril!
malakwee
Sojourner

Postby malakwee » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:04 am

Imagine if we have random earthquakes in zones during certain days or months of the year, rogues gonna find it hard to scout... would that add a certain difference in the challenge that might be faced? haha

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”