Heroes

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Eshacin
Sojourner

Heroes

Postby Eshacin » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:52 pm

THe idea is to give high level chars the opportunity to gain a little distinction (bragging rights).

Heroes would be created by the Gods and gain some small tokens of Godly Favour, though not ones that would give a significant gameplay advantage. Only a level 50 char could become a Hero.

All Heroes would be distinguished by:
- innate protection from animals
- extra moves points
- An “aura” when you look at them
- Their name displayed on “who” in a different colour

Other benefits would be a 1x/day class-dependent spell:
- warrior: invisibility on self
- cleric: fly on self
- mage: heal on self
- rogue: strength on self

How would you become a Hero? To gain the chance, a level 50 char would have to be in a group that kills a dragon say 3 times in one month (set number of times and period to make it suitably difficult).

Accomplishing this feat would bring the character to the attention of the Gods, who would set the character a quest to be completed - solo, cos that's what heroes do - within a certain time. Success in the quest leads to Hero status. Failure doesn't (and only one attempt).

Let the carping begin.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:36 am

I don't like the way the spells you offer don't fit into the theme of the classes. Why would a really good mage suddenly be able to heal? They might get better QC or spell failure or such. Or a special spell. I can assure you, if my chanter who smites far more dragons than those listed got heal, it would be unbalancing.

Prot Animals? Why on earth would animals care if you were a hero, intelligent creatures perhaps, but animals makes no sense at all.

When would characters lose their hero status? Here's an alternate idea, I like the idea of just giving an artifact that gives a special ability to someone if they do something really cool, like when gods used to give you a cookie if you killed Gormal. One that dissolves in a month.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:23 am

I'll be your hero.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”