100th complaint post for Search..

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.

Regarding Search command, I feel:

Search should work first try, period!
5%
Search should work first try, but lag relative to your intelligence.
10%
Search should be a skill that you practice up.
60%
Search is great! I love lagging and wasting time!
25%
Remove Search period.
No votes

Total votes: 20
Thilindel
Sojourner

100th complaint post for Search..

Postby Thilindel » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:16 pm

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
< P: std > searc corpse
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You don't find anything.

< 667h/667H 120v/120V >
You search exhaustively and conclude there is nothing to be found!

134 Grey elf int. *sigh*
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:44 pm

You forgot the "Oh damn, not another freaking Thilindel post." option.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:28 pm

It was safe to assume after 4-5 searches that theres nothing in there. You don't NEED to wait for the "you search exhaustively" message. With that type of Grey Elf Int, search 4x and move on.

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:37 pm

Perhaps it's a bug.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:02 pm

actually, corth, I got a successful search after 19 tries earlier.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:21 am

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:You forgot the "Oh damn, not another freaking Thilindel post." option.
If you don't know how to constructively post and not be a ass, then stay off my thread.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:45 am

It's hard for me to imagine having to search that many times for anything, as my int is way less than yours and I've never, ever had that problem. If I'm exploring a new zone I might bother searching up to five times, but it's a once in a blue moon occurrence that it ever takes me more than three times to find something, and probably 75% of the time I find hidden items on the first search.

If this is a regular occurrence for you, I can't even guess what's causing it. If it's not a regular occurrence, then I'm failing to see what the problem is.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:11 am

Thilindel wrote:
Arilin Nydelahar wrote:You forgot the "Oh damn, not another freaking Thilindel post." option.
If you don't know how to constructively post and not be a ass, then stay off my thread.

Well, the thing about your statement is I do know how not to be an ass, I simply choose not to. It's one of those things. This has been brought up repeatedly, and is more or less ranger-esqe. Another thread won't help to terribly much.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:23 am

I won't quit but I can understand how rangers can be annoyed. (annoyed for never seeing ranger's concerns being addressed by admin - so they quit) There are 2 rangers that quit the mud outright that were lvl 40+. Sadly, in one of the thread's, of course, idiots made fun of him. Making fun of someone cuz nothing changes is stupid in the first place. For a class that probably has the most posted complains and never gets addressed, it's disheartening..

Search is another thing that has tons of posts and never a real answer. That's what I look for when I post is to fish why things are like they are, at least when I feel something's terribly off.

The illithid's post the other day about search was pretty insane too. So, lastly when I post, I'm not trying to hold my breath 'til I get an answer - when I'm lucky enough to get Eilistraee's input I shut up :P
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:17 am

Thilindel wrote:I won't quit but I can understand how rangers can be annoyed. (annoyed for never seeing ranger's concerns being addressed by admin - so they quit) There are 2 rangers that quit the mud outright that were lvl 40+. Sadly, in one of the thread's, of course, idiots made fun of him. Making fun of someone cuz nothing changes is stupid in the first place. For a class that probably has the most posted complains and never gets addressed, it's disheartening..

Search is another thing that has tons of posts and never a real answer. That's what I look for when I post is to fish why things are like they are, at least when I feel something's terribly off.

The illithid's post the other day about search was pretty insane too. So, lastly when I post, I'm not trying to hold my breath 'til I get an answer - when I'm lucky enough to get Eilistraee's input I shut up :P

Thilendel, I honestly only have 2 things against you and both are BBS related, I think you actually do just fine in game. I have tried long and hard to just ignore it because I am part of the old schoolers who realize that things are actually being done.

My first thing against you (and the main one) is that you post EACH and EVERY thing that annoys you. I have been playing for over 10 years and I learned to deal with things that annoyed me way back when my parents didn't give me my bottle every time I cried for it. You post waaaaaay too often over things that are actually very minor when you put them into perspective.

My Second thing about your BBS personality is the blatant disregard you show for people who actually try to give you advice. You are combative and argumentative with most of them. If I remember correctly you put in a post that people don't listen to you "because I bitch about every class I play." I never put that thought out on the BBS, but I do have to admit I have said it about you.

Here is some advice: Prioritize your gripes and don't get offended when people who have been playing longer than you put an opinion out there.

We DO need more new players, we DO need to make allowances for people who are busy in RL, but we need to strike a balance. You might have time to mud and you might have time to bitch, but I don't see your friends bitching about it. Get your RL friends to play, then get them to bitch, then maybe, JUST MAYBE, the imms will put more focus on whatever you are asking for as opposed to new areas, new gear, and new code.

Long rant short: Quit bitching at other players who have their priorities set higher than yours. I have no problem with you putting a suggestion out there for the MUD (You've actually had a few that I support). In the end, this game would suck balls if you were the only player (I would know, before Miaxmud shut down for good, I was the only one).

Edited: It is all COFEN'S Fault!!!!
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:19 am

just in the past two weeks, check how many of my posts are in game now...end of story.

If a complaint is valid I post it. I won't defend anything I do. May seem trivial to some, but since I get votes in my favor mostly on polls, obviously they have merit.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:07 am

I won't even be voting in this poll, Thilindel, because of the way you worded your answers. I see nothing wrong with search the way it is. I paid the price for a greater intelligence roll specifically to be able to hit my searches when I needed to.

Now if you'd put a reasonable response into your poll for those who don't find the search feature to be such a trial, you would have already received my vote.

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:39 am

It's worded that way from frustration. Lots of posts about search in the past, then search was made better by searching direction, etc. Then it seems to returned back to less success all over again. Nothing wrong with being cynical - well that, and it won't let me change the poll. I tried.

But what you're saying is you paid the price for the stats to hit search well, I find it that my voker, also grey elf, hits searches almost always in three tries, yet the elementalist with 20 more INT fails mad, as seen above.

If there is a true LUCK statistic that isn't listed on attribute, it'd make sense. Sometimes my chars, despite maximum constitution, get minimum dice rolls. Search could be that way as well. Regardless, would be nice if it listed it as a stat!

Last thing is I feel rogues and maybe bards should have a higher search success anyway due to eye for details.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:17 pm

I like how the search command was fixed last time, still seems to be working well here. If it was to be changed perhaps put the cap for number of times at 200 minus your int all divided by 10. ((200-Int)/10) And 150 minus your int for rogues. That could be fun to sort out the scary freakish long searches, they don't happen much in my experience, my 30ish int dooger can take a while, but love having the new search command so at least I can be sure I looked at everything when exploring a new zone with no reasonable hints in room descriptions.

PS: agree with vigis entirely. I find that you come across as very condescending when you think you are absolutely right, a tad abrasive, and I think it is terribly rude to make vast claims that everyone's posts about search are ignored when a fantastic fix to the search code was introduced on this incarnation of toril, while at the same time you are making a LOT of posts about the same topics over and over. It makes us approach with less repsect for anything you post when we approach it thinking it is another upgrade my lich because it should be cooler thread.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:38 pm

Ashiwi wrote:I won't even be voting in this poll, Thilindel, because of the way you worded your answers.

This is why I didn't vote. It unfortunately loses credebility due to the wording. However, his argument should be considered.

I think Thilindel is a good, decent person, who is trying to improve the game. I don't see posting ideas frequently as being a bad thing. We all get frustrated at times. There are far too many people on the bbs who have posted ideas at one point in their mudding career, nothing happened, and have given up. These people would like to have you join them, Thilindel. Don't do it.

- Mike
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:52 pm

I don't think anyone wnats him to stop posting valid ideas, really .. ideas make the world go round

Just seems he posts every day about the most trivial things, every class he plays is broken for him, every class needs upgraded when they seem fine for everyone else. It's sorta like the boy who cried wolf, after a time you see another Thillindel thread and cringe before you read it. Honestly some of his suggestions make sense, but upgrading liches, changing feeblemind (first ones to come to mind) seem just .. a bit much?

I think it's time to just take a FEW things for granted and relax and enjoy the game, not look for possible bugs that could make his name famous ..

just MY opinion
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Hsoj
Sojourner
Location: Not close enough to stalk... Latitude 45°30'30" Longitude -121°50'30"

Postby Hsoj » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:33 pm

i'd love search to be 3x max

as a new player here and a troll shaman i rarely bother searching
-==~ Tafah Auvry'ar'lyl | Fatah Fire Bath ~==-
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:26 pm

*agree vigis!* (and he proves 2nd point a few posts later)

Erm... I also didnt bother to vote, for same reasons as above, and although i knew the wording was a joking reference to your annoyance, it annoyed me. I hate people trying to lead me by the nose. Also dont respect misleading polls on public bbs's.

Btw, I have NEVER seen that problem once in my long drow life. Seems like a fluke. Please admit that was a fluke, or, if its not, do what Ashiwi said and take it up with the gods.

Finally,

I vote E. I *LIKE* the new search, think its is uber-duber, thankfully and respectfully give my nod of happy approval to the gods, and also support the inclusion of hidden items (see hidden item thread) as it makes the game harder and more fun. Or was that F....
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:33 pm

Oh and by the way...

Did you even ONCE consider the implications that removing search altogether would have on the difficulty of most of the decent zones in this game? Even ONCE? Can you imagine? It would be *rogue heaven!!!* NO having to break hide to search exits. No rooms where you MUST clear the mobs or at least distract said mobs MIGHTILY for some poor bastard to try and search before getting hit by an area. No objects being immune to stealing without massive mob awareness. (not to mention all the items we mages could possibly locate). All objects being obvious to any good rogue as to which mob they loaded on. Etc etc etc...

Dude, seriously, start thinking about your posts before you post. Not everything is a bug. Not everything is broken. Not everything is wrong. I swear, sometimes you just don't understand or take the time to try to learn first. Your feeblemind is a bug thread is the last time im gonna tip you my own knowledge for a while, i think.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:17 pm

Ambar wrote:Just seems he posts every day about the most trivial things, every class he plays is broken for him, every class needs upgraded when they seem fine for everyone else.

Don't take this as agreement with Thilindel, but just because a majority of people are satisfied with things a certain way doesn't mean that that's the way things should be.

EDITED: for clarity

Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone

Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:21 pm

Lahgen wrote:
Ambar wrote:Just seems he posts every day about the most trivial things, every class he plays is broken for him, every class needs upgraded when they seem fine for everyone else.

Don't take this as agreement with Thilindel, but just because a majority of people want things a certain way doesn't mean that it's the way things should be.

Someone please decipher Lahgen's logic for me, i can't quite wrap myself around that one...

which majority are you talking about? everyone else who enjoys the "broken" classes or the people that want search changed?
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:24 pm

Hsoj wrote:which majority are you talking about? everyone else who enjoys the "broken" classes or the people that want search changed?

Whhoohoooo! Rangers! Whoohhooooo!

Playing rangers is like trying to search a corpse of many pockets - or Ashiwi.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:47 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:
Hsoj wrote:which majority are you talking about? everyone else who enjoys the "broken" classes or the people that want search changed?

Whhoohoooo! Rangers! Whoohhooooo!

Playing rangers is like trying to search a corpse of many pockets - or Ashiwi.

Dude it's SO not like that. It's more like trying to search Ashiwi while being feebed and being an ogre. That's what it's like.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:38 am

It's that 'silent majority' the forgers often refer too that are overzealously happy with the current direction of the mud, but never post such. Where pink elephants serve drinks with little flowers in it, the sky is green, the grass is blue, and computer monitors in dark rooms give healthy sun-beached tans.

But really Thill.. take a breather. You're racing so fast on here you're just gonna burn out. Perhaps you could consider drafting up your thread starting posts in MS Word and saving it, then coming back to it 4 hours later (or so) and seeing if you still think it's worth even posting? (I do, that's why I suggest it).

*shrug*

Btw, if you think something is a bug, log it and then post it in the logs forum with a title appropriate to your concern that it might be a bug. Last I heard, Eli still reads that forum regularly and fixes anything that does turn up to be one.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:05 am

I only meant that people so easily dismiss what someone has to say just because "everyone else is satisfied, this person is probably just a malcontent."

Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:18 am

Llaaldara wrote:It's that 'silent majority' the forgers often refer too that are overzealously happy with the current direction of the mud, but never post such. Where pink elephants serve drinks with little flowers in it, the sky is green, the grass is blue, and computer monitors in dark rooms give healthy sun-beached tans.

LLaaldara, I was futilely pointing out that I am part of that "Silent Majority." I think that the imms are actually moving things along at a much faster pace than I thought they would.

A little bit of my history:

When Shev and company split from Miaxmud, I stayed with Miax. I deleted Vigis and every single peripheral character I had. At the time, I thought that I should give my loyalty to the person who created and administered this game for over a decade. When Kris decided to shut down his version (for reasons known to very few) I quit playing.

6 months later, RL circumstances gave me more time than I could use productively, so I decided to come to Torilmud and see what was going on. I started a new char (The namechange in the middle of a zone really threw the group for a loop *chuckle*).

All in all, I came back expecting this MUD to be 2nd best and half rate. However, the people who are running it surprised me. They are actually trying to make it better. Anybody who has played here for more than 3 years has to admit that certain aspects of the game are better now.

I would LOVE to see more competition inserted, I'd love to see artifacts and god quests for certain guilds, but we have changed. No longer can any guild be better than another, no longer can any player be better than another. It is sad, but it is fair.

The silent majority thinks that the people running this game are doing a good job. Even though I don't agree with EVERYTHING, I agree with most things (if I was a more inexperienced player who didn't know his/her class I'd probably agree with all).

As part of the "Silent Majority" I ask everybody to just have some fuggin' patience. Deal with it. It is not the imms; responsibility to make you a better player, it is your own.

I'd go on further, but work beckons. . .
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:54 am

Llaaldara wrote:It's that 'silent majority' the forgers often refer too that are overzealously happy with the current direction of the mud, but never post such. Where pink elephants serve drinks with little flowers in it, the sky is green, the grass is blue, and computer monitors in dark rooms give healthy sun-beached tans.

You make it sound as if the pbase is made up almost entirely of people who don't want to play here.

- Mike
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:19 am

The guy who introduced me to the mud has played for 11 years I think and read the BBS like twice since the mud truly is just a game and for him, he is the most contented mudder I've ever seen! Loves mudding!

I HAVE TO GET ME A PET ELEPHANT TO GET ME DRINKS. Have the tan worked out via a long cable to yard / wireless...

I love the mud and progress on TorilMUD too, definately not silently tho, I read the BBS while I conduct extensive mud experiments / mem! Still like the idea of needing play currency tokens to post on BBS ala Bill Gates! :P

Conducting one experiment for this thread atm! *TOUCH*
Shadow Scream
Nekelet
Sojourner

Postby Nekelet » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:43 am

I am one of that silent majority. I may bitch on occasion, but I am quite happy here. When the 'silents, speak up' threads hit, I try to do so, if I have something to contribute, but I think it gets lost in the flames.
I get far more pissed at the posts of some players, than I do at the lack of progress on certain sore issues. sh It happens - enjoy the fun.

Whatever - majority++.

-Nek

*oh, and there might just be a maxint bug w/ search. Nek fails to extreme (10+) degrees ALL the time, only to have a pet or another pc find it in a few seconds.*
Or maybe the dice just hate me. Always.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:52 am

On a level 21 human illusionist with natural 100 int.

I searched until I cleared the same room 100 times. The average number of times it took me to hit that status was 4 (inckluding the time it messaged that there was nothing to be found).

Here is how many times I searched each round before I hit the all clear message.

0|1|0|17|3|1|1|3|1|4|0|5|1|2|1|8|2|5|5|0|1|5|0|0|
10|2|3|3|2|2|5|0|4|2|4|3|9|0|4|0|0|0|3|4|7|1|1|15
|6|3|3|5|12|1|0|2|5|1|0|6|1|3|2|3|2|3|1|5|0|6|3|1
|1|2|6|1|0|4|4|1|1|3|2|5|1|4|5|5|8|1|6|10|2|2|3|4
|4|0|4|6

Here's the code I used to test it...

#ALIAS searchcount {FINDSSUM = 0;#FORALL @FINDS {#ADD FINDSSUM %i};#MATH SEARCHAVERAGE {@FINDSSUM / @SEARCHTOTAL};#SAY @FINDSSUM;#SAY @SEARCHAVERAGE}

#TRIGGER {You search exhaustively and conclude there is nothing to be found!} {#VAR FINDS %additem(@FINDNO,@FINDS);FINDNO = 0;#ADD SEARCHTOTAL 1}

#TRIGGER {You don't find anything.} {#ADD FINDNO 1}
Shadow Scream
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:31 pm

Yarash wrote:

You make it sound as if the pbase is made up almost entirely of people who don't want to play here.

- Mike

Are they voting?
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:14 pm

Vigis/Yarash,

I thought I was being sarcastic and humorous.

*shrug*

But if you want to get literal:

If you post, you are not silent.
If you vote, you are not silent.

In Dalar's thread in which the forgers, mainly Cyric, were talking about the 'silent majority' being happy with the direction and handling of the mud the current staff has taken, they were speaking in reference to those players that do not post in this forum NOR participate in the forum polls/voting.

You both clearly do post and vote, and are therefore not part of said defined 'silent majority'.

So I can clearly not drink the wine in front of me.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:34 pm

The whole "silent majority" thing is flawed. Because that poll won with a horrible majority and doesn't account how many people have quit this game over the mechanics of the game or the lack of content left.

As for Vigis' comment about Thilindel. Seriously, look at all the crap he posts. Play his classes and I'm sure you'll be annoyed. Alot of those issues aren't intended. Some are annoyances that have pissed off many players in the past and you should all be lucky Eilistraee actually gives a shit rather than the previous coders. If you're not annoyed, then good for you. The whole point of these forums is to get stuff fixed, not cry "omfg Thilindel noob". I just read about 6 of the topics Thilindel has posted and I don't see anything wrong with the way he posts.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:50 pm

Who are you and what did you do with the old Dartan???

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:56 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Who are you and what did you do with the old Dartan???

lolwut

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:01 pm

Llaaldara wrote:So I can clearly not drink the wine in front of me.

Rofl!

Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:37 pm

Search has been changed many times, and I really like the way it is now.
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:43 am

Llaaldara wrote:Vigis/Yarash,

The way I read what you said was, anyone who thinks the mud has happy players is living in a fantasy land. My point is, anyone who plays the game is clearly getting some benefit out of it.

- Mike
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:12 am

After seeing how many people were jumpin down this guy's ass it got me looking up what else was posted by him. First, it seems that Vigis and a couple other noobs don't like that he posts often, but isn't that the point of the BBS? I wasn't aware there were BBS Nazi's here! I guess I learn somthin every day.

I see the inventory thread idea. That was put in the news on the game very shortly after he posted. I see him talk about lich a lot, but haven't played one, so cannot comment. I saw a feeblemind thread, where some goob Sarell was saying mobs should cast. Correct me if I'm wrong in that SILENCE is a LOWER circle spell and absolutely prevents spells, but a higher spell like feeblemind lands, and you can get blasted by big spells anyway? Duration doesn't matter, in a group mob is dead before it falls. This search idea, given how many times he searched omg, just imagine how many minutes that shit took. Thilindel's post against some people make him look like an asshole, but he seems to be in the interest of the mud and replying to the tone of other's, rather than their logic. Who knows.

Another thread lists a mob that can do warrior and casting skills in the very same round with absolutely no lag. He has a post giving thread ID's where I assume spammers were trying to take advantage of the BBS. I also see as I click between the windows on all post by thrilindel, he pointed out that area darkness prevents spellcasting, but why can someone blind via spell still cast? ..etc. Seems some of you jackasses are just that. Hell, in one thread he posted like 2 times just to get someone to answer a noob's question about half-elves. It just boils down to some of you Old School dorks need to realize that Old School is fool, not cool. Nobody cares how things were in the old days. This forum is for everybody hell, even me, if you don't like someone's posting, just don't reply. My pure pet peeve is just people that disrespect the admin who donate their time here. Like that Arilin dumbass in the other thread. Dalar is a guy who knows a lot of stuff and is abrasive, but he's right. Actually, the dude can slap you with his words, but he does it with style. That's a big difference I guess, is if you are wise, it's good. I quit playing a month ago because of the bbs actually. Arilin's still a dick. That's all!

Ah, and for the search itself, this was from Thrand, PSI 98 INT:

< 597h/597H 256p/754P 114v/116V > n
The Dark Dominion
Room size: Very large (L:75 ft W:75 ft H:50 ft)
Exits: -S
The ogre guard lumbers in from the south.

< 597h/597H 257p/754P 114v/116V > search
You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 257p/754P 114v/116V > search
You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 258p/754P 116v/116V > search
You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 259p/754P 116v/116V > search
You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 260p/754P 116v/116V > search
You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 261p/754P 116v/116V > search
You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 263p/754P 116v/116V > search
You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 264p/754P 116v/116V > search
You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 265p/754P 116v/116V > search
You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 266p/754P 116v/116V > search

Ssamar ASSOC:: 'futaz guilded?'

< 597h/597H 266p/754P 116v/116V > You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 267p/754P 116v/116V > search
You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 267p/754P 116v/116V > search
You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 268p/754P 116v/116V > search

Uta ASSOC:: 'nope why?'

< 597h/597H 269p/754P 116v/116V > You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 269p/754P 116v/116V > search

Ssamar ASSOC:: 'just wondering'

< 597h/597H 270p/754P 116v/116V > You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 270p/754P 116v/116V > search
You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 271p/754P 116v/116V > search
You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 272p/754P 116v/116V > search
You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 273p/754P 116v/116V > search
You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 274p/754P 116v/116V > search
You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 275p/754P 116v/116V > search

Ssamar ASSOC:: 'he made it up to that level with average gear'

< 597h/597H 276p/754P 116v/116V > You don't find anything.

< 597h/597H 276p/754P 116v/116V > search
You search exhaustively and conclude there is nothing to be found!
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:48 am

auslyx wrote:Arilin's still a dick. That's all!

Nice, another baseless slam. So glad to know you take what I say to heart, it's nice to be remembered for something. By the way, who are you again?
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:34 pm

Sorry, decided I'll just ignore Aus.

Meanwhile, I don't think search is broken. Big deal if somebody has to search a ton and a half to find out there is nothing there. It is always possible to just quit searching all by your lonesome.

Try searching as a barb warrior sometime, or better yet as an Ogre.

I'm pretty sure I have burned much more time waiting on ferries than I have in searching. Before we make search a skill that gives us an innate triple bonus roll, I'd like to see an outboard motor put on the ferries in the game.

auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:02 pm

Here's a good example for boneheads like Vigis that just don't get it. From the news the last time I was on I saw Finditem. Now that's not absolutely necessary, but shit, everybody seems to love it. It's absolutely a convenience.

Now, Mr. oldSkool, break it down for little old me. How the hell is it fun to enter search over and over by your own little example. Isn't this idea to benefit others? No wait, it's like that dumbass Arilin says. 'Who are you?' Well, I didn't realise this was high school all over again. Well thought out ideas don't matter. It's popularity. That's what gets ideas approved here, right? Alright, oldskool!
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:17 pm

auslyx wrote:that dumbass Arilin says. 'Who are you?' Well, I didn't realise this was high school all over again. Well thought out ideas don't matter. It's popularity. That's what gets ideas approved here, right? Alright, oldskool!

welcome to life man. Popular people get their voices heard while people who aren't, well don't.

ABOUT SEARCH...

I'd just like to point out Vigis's words of wisdom because I too am....
vigis wrote:pretty sure I have burned much more time waiting on ferries than I have in searching.

That search tells you when there is nothing left is such a blessing, if you have to spend 3 mins to find out that there isn't a hidden exit, then that's time well spent, move on to the next room.

I want to see a log of someone searching 10+ times and FINDING something...
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:23 pm

who the hell is auslyx and why does he hate people so much?

come out of hiding, give it up:P noone knows who you are and we want to know!

that chip on your shoulder must be heavy as all hell!
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:33 pm

This wasn't directed at you Ambar, it was Vigis, Arilin and some others who were talking trash to someone for posting ideas. This is the core problem here. But it looks like they got to him too. I should caption those guys OldPopularitySchool. And all the ignorants know, skoolz not kool.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:35 pm

Hsoj wrote:
auslyx wrote:that dumbass Arilin says. 'Who are you?' Well, I didn't realise this was high school all over again. Well thought out ideas don't matter. It's popularity. That's what gets ideas approved here, right? Alright, oldskool!

welcome to life man. Popular people get their voices heard while people who aren't, well don't.

Two things. The whole 'Who are you" comment is in reference to a previous thread where buttercup there wigged out on Corth and other people and I responded to which he said "You don't know who I am, blah blah blah" etc.

Popularity has nothing to do with it.

And as to your point about people posting logs of searching less than 10x and finding crap, it happens all the time. This bbs is like tech support, you only hear about the broken crap or stuff that doesn't exactly work right. You don't see logs of suff working the way it should, or search working the right way because posting when something works doesn't do anything.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:38 pm

auslyx wrote:Here's a good example for boneheads like Vigis that just don't get it. From the news the last time I was on I saw Finditem. Now that's not absolutely necessary, but shit, everybody seems to love it. It's absolutely a convenience.

Now, Mr. oldSkool, break it down for little old me. How the hell is it fun to enter search over and over by your own little example. Isn't this idea to benefit others? No wait, it's like that dumbass Arilin says. 'Who are you?' Well, I didn't realise this was high school all over again. Well thought out ideas don't matter. It's popularity. That's what gets ideas approved here, right? Alright, oldskool!

Does anyone else find it funny that sparky here took more offense to my statement than the person who wrote the freaking post. It's damn funny and providing muc amusement, thanks.
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:51 pm

It's great we have BBS police like you to help keep us warm and fuzzy inside! Now let's see

Gameplay Discussion
Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.

**Wow, we must direct funds to keep these police with a working knowledge of the english language!**

Now to point out some people. There's Llaaldara. Although she didn't at all agree with my tone in another thread, she clearly is a person who puts much thought and tried to make gaming experience fun. Actually when I looked up her threads, she has spent a TON of time in drafting them. Just because she was mad at me I didn't go off on her. I'm not blind. She was right. However, some people jabbed and shit on her for her ideas, despite all of her research and attempts to make a good argument. It's a shame that such closeminded players, although low in numbers, can drive good people from playing the game. I'm not saying LLaaldara quit or anything, but to post as rudely as others did on different threads of which her ideas were quite good..well, it's a bad reflection and makes the majority seem very mean.

There's Corth, who would always be on the game, but never move. Must have been a relocate target for his buddies. Trouble is he does the same thing in jabbing and cutting the admin on this game. That's not constructive. There's no need for that vinegar/honey bullshit from the other post. When you have an idea, put them up factually, without prejudice. Looking back, I do see Corth as someone frustrated with the way the mud went but hindsight is always 20/20. Playing the game and working with the staff would have been more productive. If not, you exploit the problems they won't address. Then they would see your concerns must be looked into.

Mostly it's Bah! this place is getting easier and carebeary all too much now in some people's minds.

I actively want someone from that field to address just the one direct draw I brought to the thread. Why's this dude's search idea shit on by Arilin, the condescending fool, and others - yet finditem was a huge hit? Both are strictly for convenience? Just like llaaldara, someone has lots of ideas so you shit on them?

I'm all too frustrated with the elitism around with some of these posts. And to partially quench your interestlust in my person, I was one of the first to ever have Doombringer Ya happy? That means nothing now. Just like the OldSkool way of thought these clueless guys keep bringing forth
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:53 pm

That's just because you might bite back Arilin :)

I have already stated my course of action regarding such posts and I will stay the course.

I don't believe Thil was offended by my earlier post, but I will have to ask over assoc next time I log on (I am just basing it on the fact that he hasn't referred to it once in the thread).

Luckily, I can still enjoy somebody's company in the game and dislike either the content of their posts or the way that the information is presented.

Keep in mind. . .I HAVE grouped with Teflor willingly *poke Teflor* (Wake up man!) :p

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:02 pm

Yarash wrote:
Llaaldara wrote:Vigis/Yarash,

The way I read what you said was, anyone who thinks the mud has happy players is living in a fantasy land. My point is, anyone who plays the game is clearly getting some benefit out of it.

- Mike

Yea, the people who are playing it, not the game itself.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”