100th complaint post for Search..

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.

Regarding Search command, I feel:

Search should work first try, period!
5%
Search should work first try, but lag relative to your intelligence.
10%
Search should be a skill that you practice up.
60%
Search is great! I love lagging and wasting time!
25%
Remove Search period.
No votes

Total votes: 20
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:04 pm

Arilin only bites when i ask him to

and auslyx i know it wasnt directed to me, im just curious why ya hate the guy i go to bed with every night :P i kinda like him! maybe share the wealth so i can hate him too and send his ass back to texas :LP

and for me the noob .. who was the first guy to get doombringer??

I r noob :....(
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:21 pm

This goes to show op's attract, eh? I started in '94 and raced up with cerze and our crazy cleric Calib. I don't want to visit the past. As for Arilin, it's amazing to know that you, Ambar, are or were in the military, and fight for the freedom of speech. Yet your husband bitches about other's exercising one's rights. But, then again it's his right to bitch about others, right?

My entire point is when someone posts one, or a ton of ideas, why do some people have to have the shithead personality and lack of tact like Arilin? I could tell him to do as I mother told me. If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, shut up. 'Not another PUT NAME HERE post' is only being a prick. Arilin knows all about that though. For the record, considering your adult upbringing Ambar, I'm in law enforcement so it definitely defines how we respond to post and regard other's tact in respect. Arilin's lack of diplomacy reflects to me that he was a grunge dudes skipping class they day they taught manners. Dude, pass the weed!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:44 pm

Unfortunately Auslyx, you're a hypocrite.
Auslyx wrote:Listen, moron, if your menial logic tells you that not knowing someone means they are inferior, you're truly stupid. You have an ass that bitches on the bbs about the staff, yet won't play. His loss, everybody else's gain. I didn't ask for your oral diarrhea so shut your hole. Let alone the name calling. If that arrogant bastard wanted some mislead minion like you to defend him, I sure didn't see him ask.

What's more unbelievable is that the BBS is open for all, including new players, and they're able to see some idiot poster wanting, taunting, and insulting staff and change of staff. Corth adds nothing but vanity and it's unfortunate that snivelling, yet compelled little grunts like Arilin open their undeserving holes to defend some guy who's too lazy to log on.

As for your little 'putz' comment, first let me start by saying a great explicative, then followed by YOU. You don't know me. Am I a soldier? Am I a teacher? You don't know what the f*ck you're talking about or whom with which you speak.

http://www.torilmud.dyndns.org/phpBB2/v ... ht=#152094

Auslyx, you may want to go back to your old posts and begin editing them before I begin posting more. Many people won't take you seriously because they don't know who you are. You can claim a bunch of things, but the fact of the matter is, if nobody knows who you are or have no reputation, your words mean nothing.

This folks, is a flame. For all of you who think I flame still, go back and read my posts. The worst thing I've called someone is a moron or retard in the past couple of years, which can be justified by the posts many people make. For an example of a moron:
http://www.torilmud.dyndns.org/phpBB2/v ... 8&start=25
http://www.torilmud.dyndns.org/phpBB2/v ... hp?t=17014
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Hsoj
Sojourner
Location: Not close enough to stalk... Latitude 45°30'30" Longitude -121°50'30"

Postby Hsoj » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:45 pm

*tokey tokey* huh? i can exercise manners and tact...
-==~ Tafah Auvry'ar'lyl | Fatah Fire Bath ~==-
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:53 pm

Actually, Dalar, I'm not. I just said a bit ago that Llaaldara was upset with me in that thread. But, anything that points out how easy I mentally dominate Arilin works for me! Arilin was so owned there, I felt like it was the deep south in the 1800's
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:34 pm

auslyx wrote:I actively want someone from that field to address just the one direct draw I brought to the thread. Why's this dude's search idea shit on by Arilin, the condescending fool, and others - yet finditem was a huge hit? Both are strictly for convenience? Just like llaaldara, someone has lots of ideas so you shit on them?

The difference between finditem and search: Finditem is used as convinence and no matter what situation yer in finditem will likely not save yer life. HOWEVER if search was modified to be !fail it would drastically change gameplay:

Example: A rogue has to cr from izans goes into a room with a portal and KNOWS he'll find the portal in 1 search rather than having to search the room multiple times and possibly diing.

auslyx wrote:I'm all too frustrated with the elitism around with some of these posts. And to partially quench your interestlust in my person, I was one of the first to ever have Doombringer Ya happy? That means nothing now. Just like the OldSkool way of thought these clueless guys keep bringing forth

To address yer popularity contest thing:

It's not about popularity at all. Hell if you ask 90% of the mud they'll tell you that Dalar, Arilin, Corth etc can be dicks 90% of the time. It's a quation of respect. No matter how much they piss us off sometimes we still respect them and their opinions usually because they know what their talking about. And why do we respect them? Because we know who they are, we know what they've done on the mud, we know what they've accomplished. You hide in the shadows from your past so noone has any idea who you are so why would we automatically respect you? Earn it, or if you think you have in the past as some other character then say who you are so that people might respect you. Popularity died in high school and college, respect takes over after that.

Mike
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:00 pm

yep, respect's earned. When it comes to tactics, etc then someone's history comes into play. When you speak of mere luck on a search hit, that's totally different, as far as this thread.

But someone making fun of another for posting ideas like llaaldara etc just because they would post often is stupid. Like that other thread where some boob thinks feeblemind should allow high mobs to cast but they don't comment on the fact that silence person is a lower level yet more powerful spell. My point was when you are right you are right. Just because someone is well known doesn't mean they know what they're talking about. We get recruits all the time walk in and can see an easier or more efficient way of doing something. They're heard and we only tease them about trying to take over after a beer.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:23 pm

auslyx wrote:yep, respect's earned. When it comes to tactics, etc then someone's history comes into play. When you speak of mere luck on a search hit, that's totally different, as far as this thread.

But someone making fun of another for posting ideas like llaaldara etc just because they would post often is stupid. Like that other thread where some boob thinks feeblemind should allow high mobs to cast but they don't comment on the fact that silence person is a lower level yet more powerful spell. My point was when you are right you are right. Just because someone is well known doesn't mean they know what they're talking about. We get recruits all the time walk in and can see an easier or more efficient way of doing something. They're heard and we only tease them about trying to take over after a beer.

You've completely managed to hijack Thil's post. Is that what you were going for? Just curious because you've managed to turn this into a bitch fest where you still manage to do 80% of the bitching. Yeah. I'm an ass. I realize how suprising and shocking that revelation must be to you.

I posted a comment at the start of this thread, Thil came by and commented on it, and that was it. But you decide to make repeated personal attacks on people. Dude, just how large is that stick in your ass? Do you enjoy sitting on sequoias?

You owned me like it was in the south during the 1800's? Dude, did you not meet your quota for speeding tickets today? Not enough minorities to pull over and beat?

I'm not degrading his right to speak, i'm commenting my opinion of it. I haven't tried to police him, and infact this is the first thread of his i've commented on.

But, the way it appears is it's ok for you to belittle what people say, but not for people to belittle you. To use a quote i've always enjoyed, and im paraphrasing. Freedom of speech doesn't protect the speech you like.

Take a vallum or something, damn.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:49 pm

So you admit to being a prick? Knowing is half the battle. Too bad you're a halfwit, now you're in a perpetual strife!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:51 pm

auslyx wrote:Just because someone is well known doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

It's not if they're well-known. It's about them having established a reputation of skill and/or knowledge. You have neither. Also, the way you belittle people is horrible too. You use slurs and what not to make fun of people. Arilin and I use wit. I use to post alot like you when I was a freshman in college and it never got me anywhere. At least when I post with wit and a reputation of skill and knowledge, people actually come to me and laugh WITH me and say how they agree. To you, they just laugh or completely disregard your post.

Another point to make is that the length of time you've been here means nothing too. I had played seriously(as opposed to casually when I was much younger) for a year when this Sojourn3 first opened and I was already known for my skill and knowledge of the MUD. You've been here apparently for 11 years and almost everyone doesn't care what you think.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:54 pm

Damn. I was expecting a much better comeback than that. My hopes are dashed, woe is me.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:17 pm

because one doesn't need to bring a gun to a kindergarden fight. Arlin, yer small league. You try to bully people with your tone. I don't randomly crap on people as you do. I wish I were big n tough just like you!

Dalar, it's not my job to establish my sojourn1 id. I could be Al Gore or something, so what? logic and concise argument is all that matters.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:27 pm

auslyx wrote:because one doesn't need to bring a gun to a kindergarden fight. Arlin, yer small league. You try to bully people with your tone. I don't randomly crap on people as you do. I wish I were big n tough just like you!

Dalar, it's not my job to establish my sojourn1 id. I could be Al Gore or something, so what? logic and concise argument is all that matters.

How would you being Al Gore have any kind of bearing? I'm so confused...
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:31 pm

Because I invented the internet!

No, but you get dude walks off the street, claiming 2+2 is 5, and thru calculus you can prove it for those who don't know. However, you get the people here who say Uh, who are you? Then to say that you don't know anything because you are unknown. How stupid. As I said, is exactly why you all with this type of thinking pushed the thinkers like llaaldara, and others away. Amazing that just because someone's not established, the little thinkers feel there is nothing but an empty statement.
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:34 pm

I also just noticed several posters claim that thil was wanting to abolish search altogether. Considering he wrote it and there are no votes for it, I'd take a guess that it was an empty field for people to vote how they wanted. Specially how daggaz just assumes that's the heart of the post with his caps and what not
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:27 pm

auslyx wrote:because one doesn't need to bring a gun to a kindergarden fight. Arlin, yer small league. You try to bully people with your tone. I don't randomly crap on people as you do. I wish I were big n tough just like you!

No it isn't. If some random person begins talking about complex theories in math, nobody gives a shit. If people saw he had a PHD, people care.

Hsoj
Sojourner
Location: Not close enough to stalk... Latitude 45°30'30" Longitude -121°50'30"

Postby Hsoj » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:36 pm

oOo.. can i post in before the lock?

When i made my troll I did a little research...

did you know that it is also a net term regarding someone who makes trouble on forums?
-==~ Tafah Auvry'ar'lyl | Fatah Fire Bath ~==-
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:41 pm

Dalar wrote:

No it isn't. If some random person begins talking about complex theories in math, nobody gives a shit. If people saw he had a PHD, people care.

Then that just goes to show the fallacy in thought. - People track to khelben every day and abuse that. I guess that means nothing because according to this theory. So until Dalar says Hey, Khelben spam tracking is cheating and isn't intended for this use - then nothing will be done? I doubt it.
Lathander
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Lathander » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:24 am

I searched for what this was about originally but failed miserably...

Lath
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:12 am

Heh heh...

Auslyx said "fallacy."
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:20 pm

Sarell wrote:On a level 21 human illusionist with natural 100 int.

I searched until I cleared the same room 100 times. The average number of times it took me to hit that status was 4 (inckluding the time it messaged that there was nothing to be found).

Here is how many times I searched each round before I hit the all clear message.

0|1|0|17|3|1|1|3|1|4|0|5|1|2|1|8|2|5|5|0|1|5|0|0|
10|2|3|3|2|2|5|0|4|2|4|3|9|0|4|0|0|0|3|4|7|1|1|15
|6|3|3|5|12|1|0|2|5|1|0|6|1|3|2|3|2|3|1|5|0|6|3|1
|1|2|6|1|0|4|4|1|1|3|2|5|1|4|5|5|8|1|6|10|2|2|3|4
|4|0|4|6

Here's the code I used to test it...

#ALIAS searchcount {FINDSSUM = 0;#FORALL @FINDS {#ADD FINDSSUM %i};#MATH SEARCHAVERAGE {@FINDSSUM / @SEARCHTOTAL};#SAY @FINDSSUM;#SAY @SEARCHAVERAGE}

#TRIGGER {You search exhaustively and conclude there is nothing to be found!} {#VAR FINDS %additem(@FINDNO,@FINDS);FINDNO = 0;#ADD SEARCHTOTAL 1}

#TRIGGER {You don't find anything.} {#ADD FINDNO 1}

Auslyx wrote:I saw a feeblemind thread, where some goob Sarell was saying mobs should cast. Correct me if I'm wrong in that SILENCE is a LOWER circle spell and absolutely prevents spells, but a higher spell like feeblemind lands, and you can get blasted by big spells anyway?

My contribution to this thread is greater than Auslyx's. We should pay more attention to constructive feedback and bring in post points for people that actually play the game or have long term legendary status like Corth.

Auslux,

Here's your correction even if it's in the wrong thread, silence, is higher circle for most casters and not as powerful as feeblemind which can stop a dragon from full healing almost permanently.

If you not only have no respect from within the game, you flame people who do have respect, and then your points which you claim to be pure logic are nothing more than plain wrong, I'd appreciate if you never waste my time reading your trash again.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:25 pm

Sarell wrote: I'd appreciate if you never waste my time reading your trash again.

I want a shirt that says that or maybe "Stop wasting my time reading your trash!!". It's all ass-fackwards like a Bushism put thru a Japanese translator. ;)
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:51 pm

Vigis wrote:Keep in mind. . .I HAVE grouped with Teflor willingly *poke Teflor* (Wake up man!) :p

FLAGRANT LIES. I have to be at the keys to be grouped with.

Alright. Fine. I'm here, let the smackdown begin.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:56 pm

auslyx wrote:... Ambar, are or were in the military, and fight for the freedom of speech. Yet your husband bitches about other's exercising one's rights. But, then again it's his right to bitch about others, right?

Criticism is a part of FREE SPEECH. Why are you bitching about Arilin exercising his rights?

Oh wait.

Wouldn't it be nice to know what you're talking about? He has that right to bitch every much that you have it (which you do indeed have the right to bitch, you just sound very, very ignorant).
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:59 pm

auslyx wrote:Arilin's lack of diplomacy reflects to me that he was a grunge dudes skipping class they day they taught manners. Dude, pass the weed!

You mean like your lack of diplomacy?
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:02 pm

auslyx wrote:But someone making fun of another for posting ideas like llaaldara etc just because they would post often is stupid.

And someone that complains so ineffectively about it is stupider.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:04 pm

auslyx wrote:Just because someone is well known doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

Let us all hope and pray that you NEVER get into nuclear engineering.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:10 pm

auslyx wrote:Because I invented the internet!

No, but you get dude walks off the street, claiming 2+2 is 5, and thru calculus you can prove it for those who don't know. However, you get the people here who say Uh, who are you? Then to say that you don't know anything because you are unknown. How stupid. As I said, is exactly why you all with this type of thinking pushed the thinkers like llaaldara, and others away. Amazing that just because someone's not established, the little thinkers feel there is nothing but an empty statement.

2+2=5 is an empty statement. The stupidity lies ENTIRELY on the side of he who makes such a statement and doesn't expect a barage of criticism.

That would make you the ignorant fool.

The problem is that you think you are better, when you're actually no better whatsoever.

You can't step, so really, stop wasting our time.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:14 pm

auslyx wrote:Then that just goes to show the fallacy in thought. - People track to khelben every day and abuse that. I guess that means nothing because according to this theory. So until Dalar says Hey, Khelben spam tracking is cheating and isn't intended for this use - then nothing will be done? I doubt it.

Ignorant to an extreme. Many changes have been made. The best qualifier is that it is a sensible change and an easy code fix.

Read NEWS, noob, and you can see that changes are made even when nothing is said.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:21 pm

In summary, search is fine, Arilin is a goober but you're worse.

Any more complaints can be posted on the bbs, but for you, Auslyx, I highly recommend against it.

Whatever feeble attacks you are going to make aren't worth how much I will slam you for them.

If you have something constructive or reasonably intelligent to say, let it be heard, but do not expect to say something incomplete without being criticized as it is only natural - to ignore that would be ignorance.

Arilin, I'd say some things about you, but I'm afraid I'd hurt your feelings too much.

You all are jerks. People like you are the reason why I don't vote for this mud.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:33 pm

Damn, I saw a bunch of responses to this thread then I saw it was all Teflor. Poo

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”