Events

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Yarash
Sojourner

Events

Postby Yarash » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:40 pm

I'd like to suggest that some events be held throughout the year...other than rp and holiday events (which are great). I offer several suggestions, and if anyone else has ideas, feel free to weigh in.

1) Staff run quests, with real (eq) rewards. Players chat with mobs, figure out a quest, fight a big battle or two, and get a prize.

2) Invasions. You load a bunch of mobs somewhere, and some of them might have some sort of hidden goodies. Maybe have a boss mob/fight. Note that this is different from jot/muspel invasions in that it is a one-time deal, and would (or should) be of a variety of level ranges.

3) Trivia. (game knowledge, general knowledge, tv/movies, etc) Preferrably this would be run by the staff, but hey, anybody could do it.

4) Some sort of lottery maybe.

5) Staff run arena fights. 1 on 1 between a bunch of players, eventually leading to a champion. It could be an annual event and there could be a plaque listing the champion for each year. There could even be two sets of fights for good/evilrace, and the champion from each fights each other. It could be made further interesting by having staff run betting, where players can bet on who they think will win each fight.

6) There could be staff run arena fights with player vs mob fights as well, also with betting.

- Mike
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:52 pm

Yarash??

Did you play in the games Sotana, Ashiwi and I ran???

Half of the stuff you listed actually was part of it.

*shrug* I guess what I'm trying to say is staff doesn't have to do all the work, though we had considerable help.
ssar
Sojourner

Re: Events

Postby ssar » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:07 am

Yarash wrote:2) Invasions. You load a bunch of mobs somewhere, and some of them might have some sort of hidden goodies. Maybe have a boss mob/fight. Note that this is different from jot/muspel invasions in that it is a one-time deal, and would (or should) be of a variety of level ranges.

Yes.
Please load/code more invasions about the game, especially mass numbers of very low level mobs, not necessarily with any useful eq.
Sedawi, Scardale, HP, IC, South WD, Mir Forest, BG, BGR, SSC, SS, Longhollow, SG etc etc should all have some random possibility of some low-medium level invasion.

Let's see hoards of very low level goblins streaming into the WD tunnels etc. more often!

A good chance of *some* invasion happening in some area of the realms would promote more exploration/frequent checking of certain areas that otherwise may be rarely visited by any pchar.

On certain (medium-lvl?) mobs in invasions, load some useful eq, such as some nice ansi ac1 lit ammo belt, or the odd !stat badge, or some wt0 potions etc.
BEER
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:26 am

Lilira wrote:...what I'm trying to say is staff doesn't have to do all the work

This is true, and an excellent point. And I completely forgot about your games at the time of the posting, sorry about that :) Events like that are very good for the mud.

- Mike
Gura
Sojourner

Re: Events

Postby Gura » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:34 pm

Yarash wrote:3) Trivia. (game knowledge) Preferrably this would be run by the staff,

hhahahahahhahahaha :) sorry. that was easier than klandan's mom.
good ideas. alot of them are similar to FNAT but those were alot of fun.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:08 am

Lilira, Sotana and I apparently run a MEAN game of Toril Trivial Pursuit.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:46 am

What room description contains the word "the"?

Yes... it was quite mean... if by mean you mean "overly obscure". :D

There were plenty of good questions mixed in with those however :)
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”