roleplay, restrings, and boobs oh my!

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.

would this be something you enjoy?

yes
59%
no
14%
areh why do you bother us?
27%

Total votes: 37
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:08 am

Corth wrote:Listen.. I'm a disgruntled old fart because I never got a restring even though I've done everything you can do on this mud. It used to tick me off when I saw people get that type of reward for mass smiting a level 5 mob invasion and using ye olde englishe (thy art thou roleplaying nancy).

Interesting thread! Bit olde~ but interesting. I hate that too Corth, the worst one for me was when our group was pulled out of avernus on the way to BC by a god to participate in RP, so we went to the venue, as we tranported in they walked a pack of mobs in smote us then left us to clean up while handing out restrings to a bunch of newbs from their guilds :P *taunt evils*.. Maybe that or Nokie and I getting reamed for luring 'token' mobs onto another group when the reality was indeed the opposite. I was clearing a GN invasion by myself and got in trouble by the quest sphere and forced to group people that were posting on the BBS that I was a stuck up l33t wanker folur group! FEH FEH FEH God favourtism doesn't help competition, you can't compete with people being handed unattainable items and leaked quests.

This stuff is why I avoid quest sphere like the plague. I would be all for Areh's hard coded idea. A decent scripting system ala DG would do it!

Lahgen wrote:You have to zone to go to Tia.

You have to roleplay to get a restring.

Well we can see that's been proven wrong *more taunting* :P You just have to turn up to go to tia!
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:18 am

Sarell wrote:Interesting thread! Bit olde~ but interesting. I hate that too Corth, the worst one for me was when our group was pulled out of avernus on the way to BC by a god to participate in RP, so we went to the venue, as we tranported in they walked a pack of mobs in smote us then left us to clean up while handing out restrings to a bunch of newbs from their guilds :P *taunt evils*.. Maybe that or Nokie and I getting reamed for luring 'token' mobs onto another group when the reality was indeed the opposite. I was clearing a GN invasion by myself and got in trouble by the quest sphere and forced to group people that were posting on the BBS that I was a stuck up l33t wanker folur group! FEH FEH FEH God favourtism doesn't help competition, you can't compete with people being handed unattainable items and leaked quests.

This stuff is why I avoid quest sphere like the plague.

Someone bring me up to date. I thought the RP-Q sphere's philosophy and gods changed a few years back such that the folks in charge of that kind of thing now aren't the ones who sprinkled the mud with restrings and favoritism and invasions. Why avoid the current quest sphere if you haven't RP'ed with them? I've had a ball with RP so far and haven't run into any of the things I've seen various people complain about so just chalked it up to the difference in RP'ing with the old RP-Q sphere and the current one. I know that compared to most of you, I am fairly new to this mud so am I misinformed on the RP-Q change?
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:28 am

I guess 'once burned, twice shy' to be honest alas Sotana.

I play on a very RP Neverwinter Nights server with my brother. It's very RP, my character 100%, it's pretty fun RPing when everyone else is and you are in an environment that is suited to it. On there you can RP and get a zone done at the same time. I get involved in RP stuff on the mud sometimes, but not when it is god directed as a general rule. I was all geared up for the olympics until prizes and judges came into play. At the same time, I have nothing against fairly judging something against a set of criteria or comparisons, so yeh, mostly and I guess sadly so 'once burned... twice shy'.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:20 pm

Sarell wrote:

Well we can see that's been proven wrong *more taunting* :P You just have to turn up to go to tia!

What do you mean?
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:46 am

Why not sit in quietly from time to time and secretly observe people with RP tags on.... You could warn people in NEWS and helpfiles that this is an possibility for those with RP tagged, just for a bit and occasionally to see if they RP much. Of course in heavy zones its kinda pointless, and you would want to turn off the ability to snoop tells, but anythign on say and gsay is pretty open to all usually... if it got personal could just leave and make it policy not to bring it up, even if you did accidentally overhear something that could get folks in trouble.

I know its a trust issue, and people with longer memories would scream no, but just a suggestion..

I dont know..

Or instead of doing it secretly, could just ask them permission. Then you miss out on seeing how they might act normally, but could at least see how they are at RP when they know they are on stage.

Dunno.. most of the RP I ever did in groups was smaller stuff tho, that took time to recognize, rather than following some kind of story plot.
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:49 am

Tho personally, I kinda agree with areh there.. would be nice for hardcoded possibilities and would help remove god favoritism (or the accusations of it) as well as reward people for other sides of the game, which do tend to be the driving force behind this whole long odyssey..
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Auril » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:30 am

Help rp and info rp are updated. Daggaz, please note info rp_invitations. When time allows, we do observe nonzoning characters with RP togged on.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:36 am

Lahgen wrote:
Sarell wrote:

What do you mean?

It means show up at the appointed place and time for a sceduled tia run and anyone can go, dont have to be leet anymore :) No more personal invites :)
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:11 am

Ambar wrote:
Lahgen wrote:
Sarell wrote:

What do you mean?

It means show up at the appointed place and time for a sceduled tia run and anyone can go, dont have to be leet anymore :) No more personal invites :)

'Kay.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'

Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone

Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Vipplin
Sojourner

Re: roleplay, restrings, and boobs oh my!

Postby Vipplin » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:33 am

Quests are great, rp is great, but the posts don't seem to be fully responding to the thread.

Areh wrote:... boobs... i love them... and i think almost all men and some women will agree boobs are vereh good!

It isn't PC, but I have to say, I agree. I like boobs. I also think that saying they are "vereh good!" conveys the precise combination of desire, admiration and sheer enthusiasm for the subject that I can identify with. Great post!

P.S. Sorry I'm so late with my response, Corth! :D
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:48 pm

(paragraph indent) I agree with Corth to a large extent, those of us who log on everyday for hours at a time for years at a time get what? No little trinkets or toys.
(paragraph indent) Areh I think your idea has merrit, however the reward would have to be scaled down compared to a god given restring.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”