Tia Suggestion

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
rylan
Sojourner

Tia Suggestion

Postby rylan » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:10 pm

OK, so we know about the insane corpse pile after finishing Tia, and how long it takes to res and stuff... so how about this:

Add a Wand of Resurrection to tia, 200 charges, !rent, and doesn't generate any res effects.
Alternatively, make a room in there after finishing Tia become area effect time stop and quick-res recovery.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:37 pm

be a good place for the vault room .. damn nice idea
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:10 pm

Interesting idea...will consider it
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:12 pm

will you have my babies
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:15 pm

Group cleric welfare? Good one hippies.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Osheara
Sojourner

Postby Osheara » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:12 am

Or.....clerics could get a bit of exp for doing ressing? :D

*nod me*

But aside from my crazy thought... I think it's a great idea.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:56 am

As long as the exp loss remains, it's a really good idea.

The wand would be a really good idea until the time a group does Tia with fewer deaths than the wand holds charges, that is.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:08 am

Ashi.. if its !rent, who cares?
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:32 pm

Is the mud going to auto-boot once Tiamat's finished?

Ress effects were put into the game for a reason. You can't think of any reason why taking a wand with 10-20 (or more, imagine 50) charges of !effect ress into the regular game world would be kind of broken?

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:20 pm

Thats why I suggested 200 charges, because I see it extremely unlikely for a Tia run with less deaths than that to occur.

Might end up easier for the coders just to make the vault room time stop quick cast and accelerated recovery instead of making a new special item anyway.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:52 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Is the mud going to auto-boot once Tiamat's finished?

Ress effects were put into the game for a reason. You can't think of any reason why taking a wand with 10-20 (or more, imagine 50) charges of !effect ress into the regular game world would be kind of broken?

Oh Oh I know this one!

Let's get a rogue to drag everyone's corpse inside BC and res up!

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Hali
Sojourner

Postby Hali » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:52 pm

Tia is a very difficult zone, and only the highest level and skilled players participate- so why should reducing ress effect be considered?

In my opinion, knowing that there would be so many deaths in this zone is a very good reason why not everyone should go. Only the people who can lose a few corpses and not worry about exp loss should go.

If you change the ress effect from doing Tiamat, then would this open up others asking for special changes in other zones like Magma?
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:56 pm

[quote="Hali"]Tia is a very difficult zone, and only the highest level and skilled players participate- so why should reducing ress effect be considered?

In my opinion, knowing that there would be so many deaths in this zone is a very good reason why not everyone should go. Only the people who can lose a few corpses and not worry about exp loss should go.

If you change the ress effect from doing Tiamat, then would this open up others asking for special changes in other zones like Magma?[/quote

People aren't losing corpses, it has to do w/ time of casting, mitigating who is going to cast etc. W/ a wand you point and shoot and to hell with quick chant.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:25 pm

Hali,
I think the point of the wand or reduced ress fx room is simply time.

You spend 12+ hours doing the zone. At then end, people are so tired they either wait until after a few hours of sleep to ress their corpses, or they try to spam ress through 30+ and fail 5 before realizing they are sleep deprived and probably shouldn't try it *whistle*
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:28 pm

Hali wrote:Tia is a very difficult zone, and only the highest level and skilled players participate- so why should reducing ress effect be considered?

If you change the ress effect from doing Tiamat, then would this open up others asking for special changes in other zones like Magma?

Have you done Tiamat and died 10+ times? Waiting to res 10 corpses is the biggest waste of time and boring.

Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:32 pm

I really feel for Vigis and others that endured 30+ corpses...yeesh.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:44 pm

i personally spent MANY hours singing and/or ressing after tia trips .. some people jump in, get their resses and leave .. others have stay to cast ress and sing ress song :P

mainly its for us ressers and bard to lessen the time needs to recover AFTER tia

too funny tho .. the TP corpse pile was getting smaller and two people dragged their mulitple corpses into the room *groan*

-Italian Proverb
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:48 am

I'm with dartan, the problem is 3 hours of ressing is boring.

I posted an idea a while back to have an infirmary in WD and DK, near the morgue, or maybe in the barracks, where res effects are minimal and make corpses !regular rot in the morgues.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:04 am

could make the room only unlock via condition that Tia has died
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:26 am

Ambar wrote:i personally spent MANY hours singing and/or ressing after tia trips .. some people jump in, get their resses and leave .. others have stay to cast ress and sing ress song :P

mainly its for us ressers and bard to lessen the time needs to recover AFTER tia

too funny tho .. the TP corpse pile was getting smaller and two people dragged their mulitple corpses into the room *groan*

And some people who didn't even go pitch in to help... (3 hours of singing after the last one, go tag-team bards!)

Tia is a special case, and I sincerely believe some ress loving would be a good thing. Hours and hours of XP before going (Yes, normal, I realize this), 12+ hours for the zone and an additional day or so of ressing....

I like the room idea where ress fx just do not exist or maybe cut to a quarter of the normal time. If you combine the ress staff idea with it, just flag the staff to where it can't leave the zone. *shrug* But then its 1 am and everything looks good at 1 am...
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:04 pm

That's not how it goes, Heather... it's...

Everything looks good at CLOSING time.

And I'm all for a !ress effects room available in the Tia zone once Tia is dead. Hook a cleric up with those timestop bracers and everbody get in line!

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:42 am

ressing 42 corpses sucks, but dragging them without vig is much more frustrating than waiting for resses even with glamour.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:45 pm

RESS EXP!
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:38 am

wow some good ideas here!

on tia death, for 2 real hours or so, perhaps make some magical obelisk appear in the room 4n of tia that reduces res fx and corpse rot times dramatically, and/or some special mob appear that casts res (even for coins) or something.

also, i read elsewhere the idea of a restring token being added to tia vault - another great idea, perhaps a random load of one there and in some other zones etc?
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:38 pm

Gormal wrote:RESS EXP!

Please implement Ress Exp for clerics @ once! I kinda like the idea of becoming the best cleric xp zone in the game :p

As a side note, my new computer should be done before I go on another Tia run so I might actually be able to get the flee command to go through before the Welcome to Toril message so the exp will be nerfed considerably :)
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:18 pm

Oh so you'll only delevel to 43 then instead of 40? :P
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:44 pm

Agree with some sort of reduced effects. I didn't go on the last tia run, but I spent many hours doing 2-300 resses. Yeah, I had it triggered, but I couldn't leave my keys for obvious reasons. It's one thing if your entire group goes to the zone knowing they're going to spend an additional 8 hours doing resses, but it's not the whole group, it's 2 classes - clerics and bards. And they didn't even have to go to the zone to do that stuff.
Touk says 'ac > glorishan > mr > touk > hps'
Siamorphe OOC: 'If AFKing is the devil, then Corth is the Antichrist and Glorishan is the False Prophet who supports him.'
Referring to the guild on 8/28/06: Oghma responds to your petition with 'your leadership team averages 280 days MIA :('
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:01 pm

Have you hugged your cleric/bard today??? *grin*

Especially important on Sundays around here.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:57 pm

wonder if i mulitplayed:P

i ressed the neutral then camped out to sing ress song .. wash rinse repeat :P then thank god lahgen came to my rescue and sang the rest of the corpses (thanks mike :P)

-Italian Proverb
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:47 am

I don't mean just for tia, I mean for all zones. Have a room in WD and DK that improves res speed. Once you get corpses home from a zone your pretty much ready to log not sit for hours ressing swearin you will never zone again. Having it only in hometown means it wouldn't effect the way a zone is done so much as reducing effects overall.
Shadow Scream
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:32 pm

My only comment is people put off doing regular zones and growing the MUD b/c they want to x/p for Tia, then we do Tia and a day is lost, then the next day is lost b/c everyone has to waste time ress'ing, then people have to re-xp after Tia which I don't think is very beneficial for the MUD overall.

At least getting rid of the ress'ing day will help one day of nothingness on the world after Tia.

Or any zone as Sarell said. The main penalty of death should be you want to avoid it or else you waste time while in the zone. But after the zone is done why waste more time that could be used enjoying the game?

On a side note, ress f/x should stay. Otherwise yes there are a lot of stuff that can be twinked if ress f/x or some penalty for dying is in place. And there *has* to be a reason why you want to *avoid* death. Otherwise it'd just be pure throw bodies at mobs, die, quick ress, everyone is ready in < 2 min and continue. No reason for strategy then when there's no penalty for brute force.

Ress failure is stupid though. 5% lost is already like 20-30 min of boring x/p on a high level character, what use is that to people who want to enjoy the game? 25% lost is just lame in addition to the time waiting for ress f/x to time out and the 5% xp.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:30 pm

Death should stay as it is. Those who are truly strong will soldier through.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:49 pm

Lahgen wrote:Death should stay as it is. Those who are truly strong will soldier through.

Yes, you must be right. more death must = more difficulty. Though, with more difficulty one would think that better players would be able to find a way to avoid some of it....but wait, power word kill...nothing you can do. Lahgen, you have so much to say, but so much of it is uninformed.

Siamorphe OOC: 'If AFKing is the devil, then Corth is the Antichrist and Glorishan is the False Prophet who supports him.'

Referring to the guild on 8/28/06: Oghma responds to your petition with 'your leadership team averages 280 days MIA :('
Vena
Sojourner

Postby Vena » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:32 pm

death doesnt add difficulty it only adds a time sync. On the other hand, since time is really the most valuable commodity in the days where the standard zone is 3+ hours (up 100% from 10 years ago)... then maybe it does.

if you made mobs level off killing characters or make some sort of behavorial change that the players had to adjust to then it might add real difficulty.
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:37 pm

Hali wrote:Tia is a very difficult zone, and only the highest level and skilled players participate- so why should reducing ress effect be considered?

man.. i hate people who say stuff like this.. ya it's a hard zone. and ya it's done by the best players.. yadda yadda yadda.. but it would make stuff mucho easier.. nothing is wrong with simplicity. and you you naysayer. shaddup :P
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:51 pm

How about making it so you don't have to wait for ress fx to end before u can ress ur next corpse. Make it so that the fx don't stack, but after each ress ur con is left unaffected. This way you still have the pain in the arse of not being able to more or pray/mem, but at least you don't have to wait 12mins to get ur 2nd ress
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:23 pm

Not to mention, Tia isn't a zone done 'only by the best of the best' anymore. The last 3 runs have been canceled due to lack of interest. So guess what? Anybody who has a high level char (a simple thing to do) can sign up and go.

Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:36 am

Selias, simple, brilliant!
Shadow Scream

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”