Drag corpse

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Drag corpse

Postby Thilindel » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:03 am

Even though there's no light in a room, I'd think it possible that you could detect where a corpse is and attempt to drag it.

A Damp Cavern
Exits: -S

< 92h/92H 174p/174P 110v/110V >
< P: std > drag pcorpse s
What do you want to drag?

You know it's the correct room and how can you not smell a stinky corpse?
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:51 pm

Devils advocate:

Ever walked around a dark house trying to find a pair of shoes?? Can miss inanimate objects easily... and just how big was that CAVERN?
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:05 pm

If a corpse contained a light item I agree. Else I disagree.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:55 pm

shrug, being able to drag corpses when you can't see them mighve been a better solution that prventing you from dragging corpses into a magically dark !magic room.

course, im not sure how you can hide while wearing a light and how a room can be dark with a lit item in a corpse... if you really want to talk realsim that is.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:21 am

Are we discussing realism in a magically dark room?

I think you'd have to get into selective dark hole theory on that one... sans the whole gravity thing, that is... yeah, that's the ticket.

My only issue with not being able to find a corpse to drag it out of a magically dark room is when I just dragged the damned thing IN to the magically dark room. I just had my hands on the blasted thing, but hey, I can't remember where I put it! Magically dark rooms have this weird effect of turning every object that enters them into your car keys.

My theory is that magical darkness is one of the major factors in early-onset Alzheimer's.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:51 am

my thought is.. if you dragged them into the room dont you still have ahold of them?

whereas if they are in a huge cavern with absolutly no light... if you dont have something lit you have a snowballs chance in hell of finding them.
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:32 am

I think if a corpse has an illuminating object on them the room should be lit. That would fix it, be a bit more realistic, and not pose the problem of dragging your corpse into a !retrieve room.

Being able to carry a corpse at a massive movement penalty even if you are flying would be neat for those dark rooms. However they are useful zone tools I guess for the !corpse drag purpose.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”