Lead by hand skill

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Mertak
Sojourner

Lead by hand skill

Postby Mertak » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:12 am

I suggested this once before, but got mixed response from players and none from any Imms, so here goes:

Possibly requiring consent, someone could lead one blind player around. This would be helpful to darkies during daylight, non-infras at night and any magically blinded char. I know that there are a number of helpful ways to fod/light a room and to cure/dispel blind, but at low lvls these aren't always available and during CRs, there can be a real shortage of spells and items.

Perhaps increased movement costs or a lag to either/both players would be appropriate. Since it's leading by hand, and most of us have two hands, perhaps it would be possible to lead two people, or one could both follow and lead another along.

Discuss...

Mertie et al.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:17 pm

its a decent idea...

Would sure make it easier for an ultra to get help from an infra. Like if you died up in HP, you don't have to wait for 12 minutes before you can walk the newbie back to HP from DK, you could lead by hand until it was dark again.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:45 pm

I think it's a good idea and should be implemented. Perhaps one of your hands has to actually be free to do this?

Also feel this should go hand and hand, pardon the pun, with the ability to drag para'd players who have consented you.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”