Poisons

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Poisons

Postby Thilindel » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:34 pm

When I'm poisoned from Prism, etc, it's just absolutely lame damage. Maybe at MOST 8 per minute. I think players get poison at fairly high level. AP's as the spell, etc. Why can't poison do more damage to both player/NPC's? Except for certain mobs with procs, slow poison is kinda useless.

I'd like to see a player/NPC have %chance to fail a spell while poisoned. I don't really see how 'writhing' pain can not bother you while casting.
malakwee
Sojourner

Postby malakwee » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:33 am

Poison should inspire more fear as it does in the real world... Some mobs have the sort of poison that inspires fear... slow but sure death if not treated as soon as possible

I agree absolutely with thilindel... I mean poison kills!! Pls give poison the respect it deserves... :P
Pril
Sojourner

Re: Poisons

Postby Pril » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:46 am

Thilindel wrote:When I'm poisoned from Prism, etc, it's just absolutely lame damage. Maybe at MOST 8 per minute. I think players get poison at fairly high level. AP's as the spell, etc. Why can't poison do more damage to both player/NPC's? Except for certain mobs with procs, slow poison is kinda useless.

I'd like to see a player/NPC have %chance to fail a spell while poisoned. I don't really see how 'writhing' pain can not bother you while casting.

Slow poison is great for venom poisons that do 100+ damage/tic.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:15 am

That's what I said, silly! :P Only for a select few mobs, you don't really use slow poison.

When a _player_ eats blizzard sphere or lava burst, those spells keep chipping away. I've taking 700+ from blizzard sphere. I was petitioning cuz every few seconds, it kept doing like 20 damage saying I was freezing. Yes, it's really stupid that such a low circle spell does that much vs. a player. But what can ya do? Poisons really should be more like that. Even when you dispel yourself, lava burst/B.Sphere keep eating away. They're rather overpowered doing that crap.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”