Something else after 50

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Minofagal
Sojourner

Something else after 50

Postby Minofagal » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:44 pm

what about remorting once you hit 50? that way you could dual class with a nerf to the second classes primary skills/spells or just inhance your primarys abilities.. sort of like the necros can liche..

shrug
Kaisi tells you 'get smirn, he's better than me'
--HELP! My legs aren't long enough!--
Drache
Sojourner

Postby Drache » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:34 pm

I've always dreamed of this really. Even if they only allowed lvl 10 for 2nd class, I think most would pick cleric for recall - priceless
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:53 am

i think that it would be cool if you could remort to a class like the one you already have but only up to lvl say 30.

for example if you were a pali and wanted to throw a few new tricks your way you could cross to either a cleric or nother good aligned warrior class.

a rogue could cross to a bard or vice versa.

an invoker would only be able to cross class to say an illusionist or a necro mebbe?

and an enchanter would not be able to cross over to invoker.. an invoker with stone blur ect would pwn to much and an ench withn damage.. well we would have a rockin elementalist.

nm its actually not that great of an idea but it would still be fun :P
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:28 am

it'd be cool i guess.. it's just that all the crappy muds ive ever played remorted were not crappy why bring it into it :P it's like inviting crappy in for a hi ball and a cigar.. just not sensible..
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:56 am

amolol wrote:and an enchanter would not be able to cross over to invoker.. an invoker with stone blur ect would pwn to much and an ench withn damage.. well we would have a rockin elementalist.

Enchanters who remrt into vokers would not pwn. By lvl 30 invokers have um blazing beam.... yeah woot! Although the minute meteors would be nice.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:43 am

i was just thinking an enchanter with the ability to toss some damage out would be a bit harsh. yes its restricted damage. but its alot more damage than they have.
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:37 pm

Um blazing beam and minute meteors are nothing compared to constriction...
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:57 pm

Hrm, didn't he mean invokers who remort into enchanters?

Force Missile + stone/blur...*shudder*

One suggestion is to just go roll a character sheerly for the fun of it, without regard to what is the "right" type of character. It will give you a new perspective on the mud. A mud composed entirely of elven casters and dwarven melee is no mud at all.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:25 pm

rogues get hide sneak, and would > cure crit for most ppl. even with low cap.
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:35 pm

I've only played one mud with a remort system. Each remort you would gain a small improvement to stats, and age reduction. A lot of people seemed to enjoy it...some even remorting as many as 30 times over the years. Personally it seems like too much work to me, but it kept a lot of people busy. There was also a fee to remort, which helped give value to money.

- Mike

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”