Resurrection

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.

Should Clerics Have the Option to Resurrect Themselves?

Yes
10%
No
65%
If you quested, you could have your guildmaster res you for a fee.
26%

Total votes: 31
Drache
Sojourner

Resurrection

Postby Drache » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:00 am

I think they should myself, but not voting. Due to difficulty to find ppl sometimes, it's hard to time getting a res.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:26 pm

No, it doesn't make any sense. They should however gain ress exp based on the person that they're ressing. If you don't believe me then sit around after a Tia group and ress people for hours while they keep you consented and go afk.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:59 pm

Agree Gormal.. instead of that 4% going poof, let some of it go to the resser. Afterall.. they are gaining experience in life.. returning people from death!
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:34 pm

Hell, if a cleric gained ONE percent from a resurrection, it'd make me wanna cleric. Just make cleric gain % relative to target's level. This way you can't gain from some noob spamming suicide.
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:37 am

Small percent xp based on level would be a good idea. Of course, I guess all these replies are off topic, eh? :)

Ress yourself? Well, the target is the corpse, right? You stand at look at your own corpse just like the next guys' *shrug* I guess it depends on what rp-wise the cleric is doing... "dear god-o'-mine, please res this poor stupid bastard and give him back his xp" - I'm not sure why the god would grant that request to benefit some non-believer more than they would their own devout follower? We could say there is some practical reason not to, but really it is just a game mechanics question...

Do we want clerics to have to depend on the kindness of others to restore xp like others depend on them? I see benefits both ways, which usually indicates no change will occur.

Are there any other classes that have an extraordinary ability that can't be used on themselves? *ponder* *shrug* Interesting issue. No vote from me either way.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:20 am

From a D&D standpoint, I can see not res'g yourself - You're dead. You're not alive to cast anything!

From the mud standpoint, since other spells can be cast on one's own corpse, I really don't see the harm in res'g your own corpse if you're at it. No twinking there really. Even for RP, I could see 'Oh god 'o mine, grant me a second chance in order to further your glorious teachings..blah blah.'

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”