Much needed Rogue/Bard skill

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Much needed Rogue/Bard skill

Postby Thilindel » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:16 am

The way I understand rogues is that they pretty much detect hidden stuff by default in D&D. I'm thinking Bards and Rogues should get a skill that is basically improved search. Maybe call it 'Scrutinize' :P Rogues and bards pay attention to detail. Whatcha think?
Latreg
Sojourner

Re: Much needed Rogue/Bard skill

Postby Latreg » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:27 pm

Thilindel wrote:The way I understand rogues is that they pretty much detect hidden stuff by default in D&D. I'm thinking Bards and Rogues should get a skill that is basically improved search. Maybe call it 'Scrutinize' :P Rogues and bards pay attention to detail. Whatcha think?

From what I understand search is int based, so from that logic my snake with 105 int should never fail search, but guess what....
Even with a very high int it amazes me how often you can fail search, in a row even.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:10 pm

A lot of searching in adnd 2nd ed. is based on race; Dwarves search better underground etc.

And that is already implemented here.

It all depends on what you are trying search out. Searching for a magic portal is not the same as searching a corpse. If a modifier should be implemented then it should be specified for the hidden object/exit in question I think.
Maedor
Sojourner

Re: Much needed Rogue/Bard skill

Postby Maedor » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:16 am

Latreg wrote:From what I understand search is int based, so from that logic my snake with 105 int should never fail search, but guess what....

a snake with 105int is rather unimpressive

a snake with 105wis is quite impressive

get your stats straight!
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Delete

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:12 pm

And delete circle from bards. Don't use it, and they shouldn't have it.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:17 pm

It would be interesting to replace circle with trip. IF you fail trip badly enough and get stunned, your song's lost. Something to that nature. So it'd be risky using it.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:59 pm

Thilindel wrote:It would be interesting to replace circle with trip. IF you fail trip badly enough and get stunned, your song's lost. Something to that nature. So it'd be risky using it.

that would make more sense, if you miss trip you fall, which would stop the song, like getting bashed or quaked.

ooohhh better yet DIRT KICK!
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'

Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:13 pm

Latreg wrote:
Thilindel wrote:It would be interesting to replace circle with trip. IF you fail trip badly enough and get stunned, your song's lost. Something to that nature. So it'd be risky using it.

that would make more sense, if you miss trip you fall, which would stop the song, like getting bashed or quaked.

ooohhh better yet DIRT KICK!

Bah, all bards should be halflings anyway, and halflings already get hamstring. Give us something useful like a Listen skill or something...

Oh, wait...

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”