Annoying Paladin

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.

May we please toggle vicious as Paladins?

Heck Yeah!
19%
Heck No!
68%
Heck if I know!
13%

Total votes: 31
Mozon
Sojourner

Annoying Paladin

Postby Mozon » Wed May 17, 2006 8:49 am

Hi. I would like to be able to toggle vicious. It causes nothing but inconvenience at best to have to Kill So-and-so after it is knocked out. Especially bad is when another guy with the same name enters who's full of health and you attack him instead. I don't wish to partake in the RP type non-vicious. If I've drawn my blade on a monster, I certainly will finish the job.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed May 17, 2006 11:39 am

Paladins are GOOD by nature. The very fact that paladins cannot kill good aligned beings to gain experience is testament to this fact. Every class has its little quirks, vicious is the Paladins.
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Wed May 17, 2006 2:42 pm

make a trigger " %1 is mortally wounded" kill %1 or what ever the proper syntax is.

if a trigger can me made to do mundane things like this, you may as well implement them in the mud itself. Really what's the difference?
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Wed May 17, 2006 3:15 pm

Slightly OT, but antis shouldn't be able to tog vic off, either.
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed May 17, 2006 5:35 pm

Hrm, my take would be a good cleric is just as righteous as a paladin, and the cleric has no qualms with smiting someone into that hidden permanency death clause. Being GOOD has nothing to do with it to me. If it's for a purpose of RP that you have to manually finish a mob off, there should also be an option to try to convert the fool mob you've smited into submission.
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Wed May 17, 2006 6:31 pm

The training and principles of the Order of Paladins forbids members to be aggressive, or to exhibit such a sense of viciousnes that they would kill a helpless (paralyzed, morted) opponent without giving it a second thought.
Eilistraee
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed May 17, 2006 6:57 pm

8)

I'm sure a paladin wouldn't give a second thought to killing a bloodthirsty ghoul that is incapacitated.
Alomlim
Sojourner

Postby Alomlim » Wed May 17, 2006 7:36 pm

Whenever I think of paladins I think... WWSAD?

What would Sifu Augustin do?
sifu_augustin
Sojourner

Postby sifu_augustin » Thu May 18, 2006 12:49 am

my roundhouse kick leaves no morted victims!

*bows to Alomlim*
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Thu May 18, 2006 5:24 am

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick would make Sifu Augustin's parents cease to exist.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Gizep
Sojourner

Postby Gizep » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:41 pm

I miss the full old rules, outcast, paladins not grouped with anti's etc.
As long as we live in this world we are bound to encounter problems. If, at such times, we lose hope and become discouraged, we diminish our ability to face difficulties. If, on the other hand, we remember that it is not just ourselves but everyone who has to undergo suffering, this more realistic perspective will increase our determination and capacity to overcome troubles.
-- The Dali Lama
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:46 am

Eilistraee wrote:The training and principles of the Order of Paladins forbids members to be aggressive, or to exhibit such a sense of viciousnes that they would kill a helpless (paralyzed, morted) opponent without giving it a second thought.

Append your triggers as per follows @once or be human warriorized!

#trigger
{mortally wounded}
{
think;
#wait 1000;
think;
#wait 1000;
say Bah, FIC;
kill @enemy
}

PS: Druids pwn injured raptors for align, pallies can't touch em! Druid > Pally
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:39 pm

Shouldn't a paladin actually try to heal it and then explain to the mob why it is corrupt and should shed its shiny trappings of platinum and equipment and join the priesthood? Make paladins auto-bandage on morted mobs!
Gizep
Sojourner

Postby Gizep » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:07 am

Code: Select all

#trigger
{mortally wounded}
{
think;
#wait 1000;
think;
#wait 1000;
say Bah, FIC;
kill @enemy
}

I'd like to see how many times this gets you wacked in CM. Lemme know keke?
As long as we live in this world we are bound to encounter problems. If, at such times, we lose hope and become discouraged, we diminish our ability to face difficulties. If, on the other hand, we remember that it is not just ourselves but everyone who has to undergo suffering, this more realistic perspective will increase our determination and capacity to overcome troubles.
-- The Dali Lama
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:04 am

Does paladins gain xp from incapacitating a mob? No!
Does paladins in fact, in this game, need to kill in order to xp? Yes!

You may say the argument is that paladins needs to be honorable, but what you get roleplay wise is a player that keeps typeing "kill merchant" etc. when the mob is incapacitated. Thus from the paladins point of view it already is more macabre.

When a paladin is fighting a mob, then it is usually some evil mob, mabye a zombie or something. This is because of that system where they don't get xp from good alignened mobs. A paladin really shouldn't hessitate to kill a zombie.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:29 pm

Gormal wrote:Shouldn't a paladin actually try to heal it and then explain to the mob why it is corrupt and should shed its shiny trappings of platinum and equipment and join the priesthood? Make paladins auto-bandage on morted mobs!

oh man love that idea....., c 'change alignment' mob. I'm going to make you good darn it! Convert or be cleanzed.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:02 pm

Latreg wrote:make a trigger " %1 is mortally wounded" kill %1 or what ever the proper syntax is.

if a trigger can me made to do mundane things like this, you may as well implement them in the mud itself. Really what's the difference?

A baby red dragon is mortally wounded.
kill dragon
A baby blue dragon enters from the west.

OH TEH NOES.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:15 pm

It's rather pointless that paladins have to re-target to finish off in the first place. There's no game 'feature' that allows or even gives the paladin a chance to convert something in the first place. Citing that it's against paladin belief is pointless as well because that's forcing RP; again contrasting that with lack of options. Either kill it, or let it die and not gain xp. Third time's a charm - retargeting is pointless! Take it one notch further. If you show mercy and try to lay hands on the dying, you suicide. Due to the default that you fight evil, etc..

Actually, what's wrong with making RP toggle mean something for a paladin? If it's on, you have to re-target. If not, banzai!

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”