Some Combat Skills for Clerics + Strength Bonus for 2Handers

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
zusuk
Sojourner

Some Combat Skills for Clerics + Strength Bonus for 2Handers

Postby zusuk » Tue May 30, 2006 3:06 pm

How about adding (maybe to max skill of 50):
Parry
Shieldblock
Double Attack

for clerics?

Somebody has probably brought this up huh? Well I don't care, I"m bringing it up again.

ALSO, dunno if this has been brought up, but I think 2-handers should get %150 strength bonus

Therefore, barbie with 6 damage strength bonus would get 9 damage strength bonus with a 2-hander

Oh yeah and you should be able to re-mount in combat.. even if it makes you unable to attack back for a couple rounds...

I'm bored.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue May 30, 2006 6:55 pm

You may be bored, but you're right imho. All this is supposedly being checked by the Shev, but I really wish it were in faster! New stuff to do brings out more players to explore it.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed May 31, 2006 4:59 am

Stop bugging Shev to fix every little thing you think is wrong with the game then so he can get some work done.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed May 31, 2006 5:05 am

30 ppl online most the time. Nothing's wrong. Ideas shouldn't be posted. Damn, what are we doing on the bbs? We need to log off. And rather than generalize, quote something VERY wrong ..that'd help. There is nothing one person is posting over another that is hindering game balance. Just a small few trying to stop ideas. Shar has said most my ideas have merit - that's good enough for me.

So far, like blind for necros, I didn't fully think about because I don't play to twink. Furthermore, the ppl who bitch about how easy the game is now are the ones who fully take advantage of places like muspel 2/2 necklace etc, that can be 3man'd. _I_ don't do that. I play and think along the lines of what would make the game more fun and versatile. That's all I hope to do when I post. I don't have other motives.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed May 31, 2006 5:41 am

Thilindel wrote: Furthermore, the ppl who bitch about how easy the game is now are the ones who fully take advantage of places like muspel 2/2 necklace etc, that can be 3man'd. _I_ don't do that. I play and think along the lines of what would make the game more fun and versatile.

Absolutely, it's far more fun to 2 man the musp necklace, puts the risk of dying / wasting your time back in! Anyone soloed it yet?
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed May 31, 2006 6:43 am

Damn, solo'g that would be somethin! I've said several times in the past that ele's, rogues etc are stupidly overpowered. In fact, when so many ppl lined up to point out (duh?) how crazy khanjari is, the thread got locked :/ Pride shouldn't come before progress.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Wed May 31, 2006 9:07 am

I don't like it.

I don't see clerics as a solo class.

I dislike to see clerics that choose combat gear over eq that keeps them alive.

Why players that wish to solo roll a cleric is beyond me.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Wed May 31, 2006 2:13 pm

clerics are damned good soloists...if you have the time....

there only downfall is other priest classes
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Wed May 31, 2006 4:02 pm

Disoputlip wrote:I don't like it.

I don't see clerics as a solo class.

I dislike to see clerics that choose combat gear over eq that keeps them alive.

Why players that wish to solo roll a cleric is beyond me.

curse you people who don't want all clerics to look the same, how else can we tell what class an anon person is?

While we are at it, how about changing some of the "weapons" (which no one would use as such) that gives stat or hp bonuses, to either wield or held item. Why must you wield a scepter instead of holding it. In addition of you "hold scepter" can you change the combat to reflect empty hand combat and gain no stat benefits from the item? why? because you rarely ever hit and why risk a fumble?
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed May 31, 2006 4:37 pm

well, my favorite is all the idiots who try to blame Thilindel of all people for how the mud's population is dropping off. Step aside, Shev. I guess I run this mud. All ideas posted by me are immediately concrete. That's right. Admin don't run the mud. Any ideas here are actually warning to what's in the future. LOL Too bad ppl that whine the mud is too easy now are still abusing the 2/3 man'g technique. Then it's that technique in the past that not only gets eq downgraded, but fights to be made harder. Sigh, I'm to blame for that too! I think these fools need to find some other scapegoat. I don't have a bullseye painted on me.

But seriously, my favorite is the priest scepter that's max_int. Brilliant! Oh so useful :P
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:23 am

quitcherbitchen thilindel. it happens oh well get over it. im just now being able to get away from the whole SF thing... either you view it as a game and you play it for fun or you veiw it as an obligation and need to take a break. pick one but quit bitchin.
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:30 pm

Who's bitchin?

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”