Spam control

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Tasan
Sojourner

Spam control

Postby Tasan » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:54 pm

Could we get some toggles for mundane stuff that some people don't care to see over and over again because it doesn't really relate to their experience here.

Weather and Bard Singing are the first two to come to my mind, i'm sure there are probably others.

While you are at it, have a toggle for condensed that deals w/ the new dragon procs(buffet, tailsweep, cone all have no condensed that I've seen).
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:39 pm

Pava's hat should also fall under normal condensed melee_something.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:48 pm

Disoputlip wrote:Pava's hat should also fall under normal condensed melee_something.

Umm.. not to malign him, but PAVA should fall under normal condensed melee_something. *wink*
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:57 pm

I'd settle for a bbs filter that condenses the posts from everyone who jumps on Pava's nuts.
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:15 am

how about condensed actually getting rid of mob emotes.. for example was doing dragonspear the other day

within 10 seconds all the vrocks had made 100+lines of sneering at us with contempt

weather is lame also, only druids care for it.. i sure as hell dont.. unless new code is implemented where blast radius on the outside extends with strong winds for say fire spells.. or my thunderblast stuns more when its raining

what else.. oh yes please just delete pelur's spammy ass
i forget the rest since im pretty drunk right now
Yarash
Sojourner

Re: Spam control

Postby Yarash » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:41 am

Tasan wrote:Weather and Bard Singing are the first two to come to my mind, i'm sure there are probably others.

This could certainly use some work. On one hand there is some spam, on the other hand 1) Leaders often have no idea what song the bard is singing, or if they are singing at all, and 2) Often the only person who knows a second bard is accompanying is the 2nd bard himself.

So basically, the current system is spammy, yet not informative enough or eye-catching.

- Mike
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:01 pm

Yeah, second Pelur's spammy..wow

But as for the weather/zone toggles for spam, I feel for the zonewriter, cuz it's quite lengthy and time consuming to fill ambience. Wonder how hard it'd be to make mobs ignored. As far as ignoring emotes anyway. That way, an entire zone wouldn't be for naught (zonewriter's work). Vrock spam stinky!
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:33 pm

i do not think there should be a toggle for zone echoes... you'll wish you had it when soubar underhalls comes in tho heh

mostly its the other things that kinda spam you to no end, much more than the zone echoes.. for example weather showing on its own every 30 seconds or so

when a mob is disarmed there's like 3 pages worth of spam there that only the disarmer or the people trying to grab the weapon should be seeing
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:04 am

Dear Shevarash,

Please remove all ambience from TorilMUD. The excessive spam from zone echoes, weather, etc are overcrowding my screen. Unless its a super spammy proc from a weapon that I'm currently wielding, it has no place in this enviornment. In fact, could you remove ansi from anything that's not important to my character surviving?

Love,
Gormal
Drache
Sojourner

Postby Drache » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:45 am

P.S. Leave me a toupee! My shipmates are tired of me blinding them when it's sunset!!

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”