Wow 10 days w/o a post in here

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Ifin
Sojourner

Wow 10 days w/o a post in here

Postby Ifin » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:13 am

So uhmm how about add some duration to mind blank. It's purely a prep spell, and to get through 15 people takes time, and to have it fall just after you enter battle after getting it done is pretty pointless.

And fix enchanter xp? :p
Last edited by Ifin on Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:33 am

Warboars.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:00 pm

Gormal wrote:Warboars.

Wargoats?
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:24 am

Oh and was wondering if someone could check or re-evaluate the load rate on some rares, like a certain one in ZK Inn and CP Bazaar. Or perhaps also have it % load over time, which also increases the rate.

I know people have done the same quests and most likely w/the same load rate, but we have huge uptimes now and I've been checking pretty consistently for 6 months and haven't even seen it load once. And once the MUD does crash/reboot if you're not on at that 1-2 min point right after then you're SOL for another 4-5+ days.

With a load rate I imagine 1-10%, avg uptime of 4 days, that means it loads 1 - 10 times a year.

I understand rares are a way of controlling the influx of eq, but it's not like these checks where you basically turn in an item or solo a mob make it the quest any more "difficult", esp. when a number of these all you had to do was turn in some money and you get the same benefits as this now long-winded quest.

Thanks in advance for looking into it!
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:02 pm

I'd like to see the majority of zones act more like Greycloak with respect to rares. A chance to load at boot, and a chance to load throughout is a great way to run zones that are towns/open areas. I hate the at boot rush to find stuff.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:15 pm

Ifin wrote:Oh and was wondering if someone could check or re-evaluate the load rate on some rares, like a certain one in ZK Inn and CP Bazaar. Or perhaps also have it % load over time, which also increases the rate.

I know people have done the same quests and most likely w/the same load rate, but we have huge uptimes now and I've been checking pretty consistently for 6 months and haven't even seen it load once. And once the MUD does crash/reboot if you're not on at that 1-2 min point right after then you're SOL for another 4-5+ days.

With a load rate I imagine 1-10%, avg uptime of 4 days, that means it loads 1 - 10 times a year.

I understand rares are a way of controlling the influx of eq, but it's not like these checks where you basically turn in an item or solo a mob make it the quest any more "difficult", esp. when a number of these all you had to do was turn in some money and you get the same benefits as this now long-winded quest.

You need better data. Like how many times did you actually check as the first person. I just got one of the rares you mention (a week ago) and I got the other a few months ago when most boots was around 90 hours.

Sometimes people say they have checked as number on 70 times, but if they counted then it would be much fewer. The rares load, but they are rare. The can ofcourse always be increased in frequency if we want more eq in the game.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:47 pm

People don't care anymore.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:59 pm

I blame Glorishan's invite-only forum thread for the downfall of this forum.
Minofagal
Sojourner

Postby Minofagal » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:37 pm

more duration to mindblank would be really nice.

okaythanksgoodbye
Kaisi tells you 'get smirn, he's better than me'
--HELP! My legs aren't long enough!--
hagah
Sojourner

Postby hagah » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:11 am

Could getting drunk actually make some kind of difference in combat? Out of combat maybe charisma goes up, or down, randomly?

I would dedicate time to writing new mushroom/pipeweed/alcohol code ... Maybe a % chance after eating shellfish you get sense life and poison :P Stuff like that..
Hagah
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:37 am

hagah wrote:I would dedicate time to writing new mushroom/pipeweed/alcohol code ... Maybe a % chance after eating shellfish you get sense life and poison :P Stuff like that..

That should be featured in the new Spongebong Hempants episode!
Teshidee
Sojourner

Postby Teshidee » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:44 pm

hooray for longer duration on mindblank! :)
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:24 pm

hagah wrote:Maybe a % chance after eating shellfish you get sense life and poison :P Stuff like that..

I think you might want to consider a new seafood restaraunt.
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:00 am

Ifin wrote:Oh and was wondering if someone could check or re-evaluate the load rate on some rares, like a certain one in ZK Inn and CP Bazaar. Or perhaps also have it % load over time, which also increases the rate.

well, over the last week when it was crashing all the time i was the first to check like 90% of the time (or within a 10 second margin.. not enough for it to poof).. the bazaar one loaded 5 times.. saw him 3 myself just out of curiosity, however that other one was never there... and i checked in with other people who checked it.. nothing, besides can you really tell me you are able to check right after it boots every time for that piece of s*** rare? come on.. most of us work and or go to school not to mention blow time and money on the ladies. load rates should have another chance at loading every 20 hrs or so... else its impossible to finish annoying quests like that...

oh and, you should all be pimp like nerox and not use/quest mindblank.. then you could also not have an opinion on the subject. :P
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:38 pm

You're right I'm mistaken about the CP load rate, as with all these crashes I've seen it about 3 times myself, so that's 6 total for 0 of the other one.

As for hard data, from the last time I've seen the beggar load and there *are* ways of knowing if he's been quested yet this boot, it's been 1 for 35 at least. With the previous uptimes, that means 1 person can finish this quest every 3 months. And we'll see how this ongoing tally is.

Though no more complaining from me, since we can't do anything about it. But can judge if it's really "fair"/"suck" from the data itself.

But yeah, Grundar, my other points was hoping all rares are a continuing % chance/delay load, if even kept at current load %'s, so that everyone has a chance within, say, a 24 hour period of finding a rare they need instead of at boot.

And mind blank is only reserved for the dwarves!

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”