An option for mucho XP characters?

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.

Would you like to gain 1 hitpoint per 100% over lvl 50 you achieve?

Yes
17%
Yes, but only at (this % posted below)
No votes
No, xp buffer is good enough
48%
No, but you could trade xp over 100% into a trade/feat later on..
35%

Total votes: 23
Thilindel
Sojourner

An option for mucho XP characters?

Postby Thilindel » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:49 am

Figured with the end of the year coming up, I had to toss another poll on the bbs so there's something to look at..The way I see it is a Grand Druid, such as Lilithelle, should have more hps than a druid who has just achieved level 50. Sure, eq should matter, but also so should base stats. Anyhoo, I'm curious is all
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:03 am

Disagree. If/when 2.0 goes in, it'd hose to many things up, and it'd drive people to keep exping like mad over 50 to get to that rollover point where you can't exp anymore for the extra hp. It could be way to twinky.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:28 am

You should be punished at the most severe levels for even thinking about getting people to do more exp in the current exp environment :P
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:54 pm

O. M. G. ...

You want to unbalance Pava any more than she already is? Pava is ALREADY broken!!!

Lets see, 100+ damroll with rage on proc, haste on proc and 3x a day, vit on proc, major globe 1x day, invis unlimitedx day, full protects, (am i missing anything ross?), and now what, how many hps would you get for an xp buffer that is over 7000%???
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:10 pm

Lilithelle group-says 'Pava MT'
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:04 pm

The last thing we will ever need is a system that rewards obtaining exp perpetually. The horror!
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:01 am

Corth wrote:The last thing we will ever need is a system that rewards obtaining exp perpetually. The horror!

Nod, RL is bad enough at that. :evil:
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:24 pm

I played a mud where you could trade exp for stats... they called it a "meta" system.

There were "ranks" depending on how much "total stats" you had "metad". With 50 buys you might be a lord, 100 buys a prince, 200 buys a king ect ect ect... which was mildly entertaining.

It got boring fast and insane, a normal char started out around 400 hps, and one guy was up to 4k hps after about 3 years at 4 hps per "buy". Each buy had an incremental cost increase. Your first buy mightve cost 2 million exp but your 100th might've cost 100 million exp. If you cap something, then you'll end up in the same place today, lots of exp, nothing to do with it. If you uncap it, you have hardcore gamers doing insane stuff. Without character death, you can only adjust the rate at which they eventually do something insane.

Excessive competition and isolation for prime exp, because exp becomes the point.

A need to define and balance the "exp rate" and maintain consistency over time. This ultimately ends up in escalation so 20 hours of exp today is worth 18 hours next year 14 the next year and 5 the following year (ect) recreating all sorts of problems we've examined in the past.

Exploits / bugs / "features" that allow characters to amass unfair amounts of "exp benefit" translate directly into permanent advantages that don't have many limitations (yes even 1 hp at a time). Yes we have this with equipment, but equipment advantages tend to be limited by being able to equip / use only 1-2 at a time and the inherent limitations of ingame "wealth".
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:01 am

</selfcontrol>

kiryan wrote:This ultimately ends up in escalation...

<selfcontrol>
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:48 am

Sarell wrote:You should be punished at the most severe levels for even thinking about getting people to do more exp in the current exp environment :P

Agreed, because . . .

kiryan wrote:If you uncap it, you have hardcore gamers doing insane stuff.

Also, I agree with Gormal's ESCALATE! reference.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:43 pm

kiryan wrote:I played a mud where you could trade exp for stats... they called it a "meta" system.

There were "ranks" depending on how much "total stats" you had "metad". With 50 buys you might be a lord, 100 buys a prince, 200 buys a king ect ect ect... which was mildly entertaining.

It got boring fast and insane, a normal char started out around 400 hps, and one guy was up to 4k hps after about 3 years at 4 hps per "buy". Each buy had an incremental cost increase. Your first buy mightve cost 2 million exp but your 100th might've cost 100 million exp. If you cap something, then you'll end up in the same place today, lots of exp, nothing to do with it. If you uncap it, you have hardcore gamers doing insane stuff. Without character death, you can only adjust the rate at which they eventually do something insane.

Excessive competition and isolation for prime exp, because exp becomes the point.

A need to define and balance the "exp rate" and maintain consistency over time. This ultimately ends up in escalation so 20 hours of exp today is worth 18 hours next year 14 the next year and 5 the following year (ect) recreating all sorts of problems we've examined in the past.

Exploits / bugs / "features" that allow characters to amass unfair amounts of "exp benefit" translate directly into permanent advantages that don't have many limitations (yes even 1 hp at a time). Yes we have this with equipment, but equipment advantages tend to be limited by being able to equip / use only 1-2 at a time and the inherent limitations of ingame "wealth".

wtf mike you played imperial diku? I was in 3.0 I think as Lyniara.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”