Failed Res

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Failed Res

Postby Thilindel » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:43 am

Can the color of a failed corpse be changed maybe to bisque or something pls :P when several of the same name are in the room, some of which have failed corpses, it's frustrating.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:41 am

Might be quicker and better to just remove any chance to fail res?
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:06 pm

I don't mind losing exp do death. There needs to be a penalty associated with dying. I think that clerics should gain experience for resurrecting people. Doing Tiamat resses should notch your character at least a few percent. There's no reason why casting a max level spell on a level 50 corpse 100 times isn't worth as much exp as grinding out your millionth DS giant.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:03 pm

On that note, some tiny amount of xp for pressing other peoples' corpses (not your own) when they are about to rot (using the lowest time remaining category only, to prevent abuse) might be in order. It would reward people for helping strangers.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:48 pm

I actually agree wholeheartedly with this idea .. making SOME difference in failed corpses .. maybe giving a message saying *an attempt to raise this pcorpse has been made, and failed* when you try to pres it .... something .. pain in the arse to be nice and pres already failed corpses .. or make them !pres .. something
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:30 am

Always found it funny that a level 2 spell took up 10 stars. That makes sense!
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:36 am

Side note: did they ever make death xp loss reduce trophy correspondingly? It doesn't seem so - after Tia, my trophy list had a lot more entries in it!

Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:14 am

The idea to put some sort of indicator on failed res's is nice. The idea of giving clerics a little exp for ressing is also nice--maybe 1/10th of the amount of exp lost by the individual after a successful res? (ie. 1/2 a percentage point, generally) Would give all of those jaded clerics a reason to actually shout "Bring out your dead" in the hometowns again... :)
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:53 am

FWIW, I think we can compromise between 'no failure' and 'fail and never try again' by simply making ress failures not flag the corpse NORESS. That is, one could try again with a failed corpse.

This has the advantage of keeping ress time-consuming, which was cited as a major concern for zone balance, while allowing people to ultimately retain more XP (or die more often with the same resultant xp loss.)

Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:11 am

Atm the penalty for losing exp is you play WoW instead of doing DS.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:08 am

Sarell wrote:Atm the penalty for losing exp is you play WoW instead of doing DS.

QFT
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:49 am

I speak for most all enchanters in saying QTF, but tasan beat me to it :P

Failing 2 res in a row made me wanna just quit playing the mud period since enchanter xp is like running a xp marathon for days . . only to go from lvl 45 to lvl 46 :P

Now that my chanter's 50, I'm almost afraid to zone cuz dying and failing res again. I don't want to turn into another deshana.

But I was only posting for a color change on a failed res. I'm sure asking for less xp loss or !fail res is one of the many dead horses the big cheese won't ever address :P I just wish I understood why things that are addressed repeatedly by players don't seem to be replied to by the kind ppl who provide us this mud!
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:58 pm

Thilindel wrote:I just wish I understood why things that are addressed repeatedly by players don't seem to be replied to by the kind ppl who provide us this mud!

Because the constant griping until things are "fixed" has dumbed up the mud enough. There needs to be a penalty for death. The chance of failing res sucks. I've failed so many that I've gotten to the point where if I don't loose the level with the fail, I shrug. (My necro taught me this philosophy!!!) Its a game. The whole thing is a time sink cus its where we go to spend our FREE time. Besides.. they're working on 2.0 and every large change we ask to be made will be moot. We have no idea how such things will be handled when it comes up.

Enchanter xp sucks... but at least I can solo that doing interesting things. Heck, some day soon I'll pass my voker. In fact I think I have...

Please please please... changing something on failed res corpses would be lovely. I make a point of tossing a couple of preses myself on rotting corpses and knowing at a glance if its a failed would be lovely.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:41 pm

Birile wrote:The idea to put some sort of indicator on failed res's is nice. The idea of giving clerics a little exp for ressing is also nice--maybe 1/10th of the amount of exp lost by the individual after a successful res? (ie. 1/2 a percentage point, generally) Would give all of those jaded clerics a reason to actually shout "Bring out your dead" in the hometowns again... :)

Hey! I resemble the comment, besides cleric exp is so stupid easy....back on topic or we can do like homeland when you look at a corpse could see how long it's pressed for and if it's ressable or not. But yeah color change awesome idea
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:49 pm

I do wish that for player corpses, the pres spell would be more duration than 3xPlvl. I can see embalm for npcs for those who like victory trophy pets, but for players it's nice. Toss a couple and good for days. Pres'g players is a slow spell. When people are bored, they toss pres spells but most leave corpses in WD where lich can't embalm. Hrm, maybe a rotbox nearby hometowns..that area would be cool!

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”