Drag'n someone incapacitated or ?

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Drag'n someone incapacitated or ?

Postby Thilindel » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:47 pm

Saw it in another thread, but didn't find which. Can we either drag someone incapacitated (with consent or who knows) or have first aid kits sold where 'use kit target' that puts player at 1 hp? Maybe sell these kits at survival guide but make them blessed band-aids!
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:44 pm

My suggestion a while ago was that Bandage should give the target a percentage of their hps back based on the bandage skill level.

For example, say you have the skill maxed and you bandage someone. They get 10% of their max hps back.
A low bandage skill would only give 1%, or the current 1-2hps so it would take several attempts to get the target to 0hps.
Mirlantharn
Sojourner

Postby Mirlantharn » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:06 am

Rylan,
I believe I had mentioned it once before, a long while ago. I thought it would be a very interesting thing to have: something that would make a detriment to the group yet wouldn't result (as all things here seem to do) in a player death. Considering you have both the incapacitated player and also the person dragging out of combat (and _PLEASE_ make it so that they can get rescued or something so that they don't get re-engaged to make it _utterly_ impossible to drag/bandage), it still would be good gameplay, but without the ress effect though with the heal requirement.

I'm thinking that some combat code might have to be changed, so as to account for more of a chance of incapacity than the negative hp range of (the ever so small compared to total hps) -1 to -9.

Constantly pondering! (it's a habit),
Mirlantharn
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:35 pm

Some 3.5 DMs houserule that you get up to your constitution score in -hps (which can reasonably go up to around -20.) The rationale is that a frail elf will die easier than a hearty dwarf, who in turn will not be as hard to kill as a troll or ogre with massive con.

Of course, if we implement something like that, we had better increase the range on death pact to not deprive liches of their . . . livelihoods.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:09 pm

Can't wait to see mobs coup de grace Moritheil.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”