Recall Option

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Kisavam
Sojourner

Recall Option

Postby Kisavam » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:31 am

It would be great if there was a recall option, as in the NWN stone of recall, only instead of to a temple of Tyr it is to the closest inn. As a dial up player with several kids, my connection can be lost at a moment's notice.

It would be better for the MUD and the muds players.

To prevent abuse it could have a moderate price of something like 50 or 100 platinum
Kisavam
Sojourner

Recall Option Part 2

Postby Kisavam » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:34 am

By price I mean the initial purchase price. It should be free or nominal (1 gold or less) to use it.

Minimally this should be an option on selection. But it would be nice if it could be activated automatically during any potential cut off of connectivity with the MUD. I do not like it when game mechanics or WEB glitches interfere with a player's intended decisions...
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:09 am

That sounds nice, but the only item I know of that can recall on demand is from Tiamat zone, so I'm imagining a lot of them running around would be frowned on :(
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:44 am

I think they were on the right track with the "idle out waiting room" idea. Just seems like it doesn't work everywhere, as it should.

An item that can allow non-cleric types to recall would be very frequently abused. If such an item were to be offered by a quest mob or a shop for a price, I would think that it would cost significantly more than 50 - 100 plat. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 or 20,000 plat might be more reasonable for such a powerful tool in the current mud economy.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:02 pm

Or else why even bother with Word of Recall?
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:54 pm

Currently the best way to ensure that you have recall ability is to play a priest type. I do actually know of people who chose what class to play based on that requirement.

That said, most XP zones are quite safe now that things like pyrohydra and displacer beast don't global track, and the newest XP zones are near towns.

Hmm . . . maybe this should be pointed out during char creation.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:55 pm

I can understand the desire for a recall option however the potential for abuse is just too high to really warrant it. It's already employed by many a druid (via the Word of Recall spell) to solo many many mobs!
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:25 am

I think people have more than covered the why's so I'll skip that and just toss in an idea I've always liked from other muds:

On a few different MUDs and other games I've tried over the years a neat and handy item available at shops were 'tents'. All they did was basically cut the time it took to 'camp' down considerably....I don't see why something like that couldn't be added here without it affecting gameplay much, maybe just halving camp time to 1 minute or something like that.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:59 am

I've posted a thread about quicker camping but most ppl seem to bitch about it :P

Sure hope the speed is addressed in 2.0
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:16 am

I think it would be neat if you made it not possible in combat and take about 2 minutes to do. Make it so you can only do it once every 24 hours.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”