mercenaries

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
amolol
Sojourner

mercenaries

Postby amolol » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:33 pm

so here is a thought why not let people hire mercenaries as pets?

i person should be able to hire a mercenary one level lower them selfs (at a cost per mud day) up to mercenary level 20. the mercenary should come with a decent !proccing !drop !take weapon say with a 5/5 enhancement on standard weapon dice.

the mercenaries should be warrior class only aggro off and if possible not take any xp while in group. maybe restrict them to scarsdale only?

for mildly expensive for a true newb player it would give a little assistance when it may be hard to find. the price of the mercenary should be dependant on the level. the mercenaries level should be able to be chosen by the person purchasing for example if im level five and cant afford a level 4 mercenary and i can afford a level 3 mercenary i should be able to get that.

only one mercenary per player. upon player/mercenary death one must purchase a new mercenary.

the mercenaries equipment should include (all !take) a wgt 50 shield a sword/dagger/staff(afore mentioned weapon) a suit of armor containing breastplate greavves boots gauntlets helmet and vambraces (to give them enough ac to be worth something)

skills the mercenary should have/use
rescue
bash
shieldpunch
bodyslam

why do i think this is a good idea?

i think this would be a good thing for newbies because for mages priests pi's and the like it can be rough to get going and keep going in some cases. a tank that you can rely on time and time again might make the leveling process a little esier for the new guy.

for warriors/ranger/rogues
skillpractice/faster exp.
for a warrior a skillpractice buddy. you should be able to order him to bash/shieldpunch or not.
for a ranger. something to stand behind
for a rogue... once again something to stand behind

why this could be a bad idea

the obvious abuse. skillfull players with cash using this to further their level making. as a mage this would be highly abused. hard to find good tanks and it is rough to make it as a mage even with equip.

i dont see a warrior or rogue using this to much... a ranger would use this obviously to arch from behind.

a cpriest would once again use it as a tank to avoid getting hit but then again thats the point.

its a plat sink. it will teach players how to use pets. it will make it esier on newplayers and old players alike. but then again the old player might not use it at all. i can see a caster using it but not as much a hitter/tank class

anyway thats my idea bash away!
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:35 pm

Not an original idea, like I stated in another thread homeland already had this. It would just need to be implimented.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:37 pm

oh heh i didnt see your thread.... sorry didnt mean to hijack... dont mind me

myspace.com/tgchef
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:19 pm

Skilled players can MAJORLY abuse these to twink.

Not gonna mention how cus well... that would give up the ideas.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:41 pm

which is why i mentioned scarsdale only... cant take em out of scarsdale
you gcould even go so far as to flag them sothat they cant be attacked by players.

myspace.com/tgchef

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”