economy and gear

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Latreg
Sojourner

economy and gear

Postby Latreg » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:18 pm

There's too much gear and too much plats in the game.

One solution would be to give gear hit points and put in armor/metal smith skills and shops. Like getting broken arrows fix.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:32 pm

This idea was posted before in the past. While this idea is interesting, and does have the possibility of some merit, it should not even be in the same conversation involving eq and the economy imo, which are areas issues.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:02 pm

this would be part of the global economy, you would need plats to fix the gear that needs repair, so plats would have an actual use. Right now there is no real economy just the ones the players have created by selling and trading stuff. It would just go along with the kingdom/building codes that will be in someday. But with gear that needs repair you will always need and spend plats. You have a house built, well...it's built it's done.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'

Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Eshacin
Sojourner

Postby Eshacin » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:40 am

I think eq should just degrade over time, probalbly according to how much it is used. So armor ac would increase gradualy as you wear it in fights. Descriptions should change, e.g. slightly worn pair of leggings, a battered pair of leggings, a badly damaged pair of leggings. Repair houldn't be an option. This would address the problem of having too much eq in the game and encourage a market for used goods.

Same should apply to quested weapons - they get worn, damage dice decrease.

Not that I expect there to be a lot of support for the idea - it would make the game more dynamic. Most people would prefer to preserve the status quo I guess.
Eshacin
Sojourner

Postby Eshacin » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:41 am

duplicate post, sorry

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”