Delete X from Mud client help

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Delete X from Mud client help

Postby Zoldren » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:24 pm

I've been back only a few weeks and it's pretty apparent that any help in "automating" a charachter is not needed. That most of the Heres how to automate X, should be removed. from the BBS as they encourage botting.

I can't count the # of people I see practicing skills/killing w/o being there.

Tx

Pink
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:56 pm

Often automating a character balance players because it puts the ones that don't have the big coding skills on level with those that have killer client applications.

Some simple things, e.g. coloring group hit points based on health is an example where something is introduced that most l33t clerics already had.

If there was better support for something I use triggers for, like a bard changing song and handing delay etc. then I would more than welcome it, even though I could delete the triggers I made for it.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:15 pm

Diso.
I'm not talking about highlighting names with colors, or auto picking up your weapon.
I'm talking about stuff like autonuke/mem out scripts
auto kill mob scripts
auto spell everyone scripts
etc
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:13 pm

the same thing i am against :)

doesnt take skill to play anymore, takes a good connections and good scripting .. well least i got the good? connection
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:28 pm

One important distinction to make here I think is that, in least from what I've seen, most of the people who do use auto-spellers, memers, nukers, etc mostly do so during xp, and only because xp is such a monotonous grind. Most zones are entertaining enough to keep everyone alert and involved(not just at keys eating a sloppy joe!). Hopefully the changes in 2.0 will make xp more of an enjoyable process and this won't be nearly the issue it is now. I think most would agree that any player of worth doesn't rely on auto trigger sets when zoning or doing other involved activities anyways.

Honestly I think most of the botting problems now days are not because of a lack of hard handed enforcement but because xp/skill practice is such a 1 sided and drab affair. Pick 1 of 3-4 xp zones, smite X mob till your eyes bleed. While I don't think people should be turning their auto-nuker on and going to the pub, I also don't think you can really blame people for not wanting to type the same thing over and over for hours at a time to gain a level. Till thats fixed I think their are bigger fish to fry than worrying about someone sitting at keys eating a sandwich instead of typing 'c 'something' mephit or 'kill duergar' for the 3000th time.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”