trophy corpses

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Latreg
Sojourner

trophy corpses

Postby Latreg » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:08 pm

Having thought about this past tia smite....

what if specific, super mobs like Tia (and or dragons in general) corpses became !rot sure sure you can press them up and all that. but it would be cool to have them transported to a "trophy" room for that boot. People can sit around the corpse and tell stories in an rp fashion if they like. Dragon steaks which are !rent inside the corpse.... Looking at the corpse the mark of (who ever dealt the killing blow) can be seen. For Tia specifically everyone who did damage would carve their names into the corpse, I know I would! I think these kinds of things would be good for newbies to see as well. additionally, why not make "the heart of Tiamat" item, doesn't have to have any uses or stats but it would hold some bragging rights. Dragons are the ultimate mobs in the paper and pencil AD&D seems there should be more to them than just their scales. How come none of them have hordes of treasure? coins/gems etc. well you get the idea I think, make them more interesting
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:04 pm

That's a nifty idea! I especially like the idea of a 'heart of tiamat'... at least til someone puts in a quest that required it. :-O
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Ghimok
Sojourner

Postby Ghimok » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:11 pm

There was a heart of tiamat. I ate it for a side dish. It went well with the leg I tore off the dead horse I had to drag down the spiral the previous trip. Mmm, dead horse.

I think what we really need are more Wikipedia articles referencing the heroic slaying of end-game mobs. For example: the article that regarding the failed attempts to garrote Dagos, guardian of Dis that was torn from the hallowed halls of Wikipedia well before its prime. :( Now we may never know whether it really takes an enlarged duergar with maxed garrote skill to perform the task without fail.

If Teba can somehow get and keep a Wikipedia entry, I think Dagos should also.
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:10 pm

i want to revive this thread because i think its a great idea and i also have to add my two cents.

i believe this idea is amazingly good however i would modify it a bit...

start by adding a trophy room, or several around the mud
say you kill tiamat, instead of coding 100 lines or so you just make it so a random limb or organ appears in the trophy room as a !get item like so:

The trophy room
exits -s
the heart of tiamat

it doesnt have the names of whoever killed it cause lets face it, who gives a sh+t :P but its there and it serves 2 purposes:

- it is a great rp item and i know people could work it into rp events
- it lets you know that tiamat has been done that boot

now with this in mind there are rareloads and zonelords that would be fun to have there, for instance...

The trophy room
exits -s
the heart of tiamat|in red, blue, white, black or green - the head of tiamat
the head of the frost demon kostchtchie
a rug of surtur's woven beard
a meat freezer made from ymir's head
a small table made from chloracrida's scales
a football of tanned hive mother hide
gromph baenre's left nut
izan's dong

and so forth with important zonelords and rares. add to each a dozen or so variations to these items that randomly pop after the mob is killed the first time and you have a fun room... i can imagine the newbies checking it out and wanting to kill all those mobs themselves
i definitely think some people will try to get the trophy room stacked for the boot
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:22 pm

Ghimok wrote:If Teba can somehow get and keep a Wikipedia entry, I think Dagos should also.

Teba is a town in Spain.

It sits on a rock saddle in the mountains east of Ronda, some 15 kilometre north of Ardales, with a population of some 4,300 people in the comarca of Antequera and provincia of Málaga in Andalucía.

It is the site of the Christian-Moorish Battle of Teba in 1330 during the Reconquista, which took place near its castle. Sir James Douglas, a leading associate of King Robert I of Scotland, was killed there.

...thats all i found in wiki on Teba
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:06 am

wouldn't that mean that the pc Teba is in violation of the naming rules? not that rules seem to apply anymore, but just wondering!
"When you close your eyes, is it hell that you see?" Ghost, Ginger Snaps 2
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:59 pm

daggaz wrote:
Ghimok wrote:If Teba can somehow get and keep a Wikipedia entry, I think Dagos should also.

Teba is a town in Spain.

It sits on a rock saddle in the mountains east of Ronda, some 15 kilometre north of Ardales, with a population of some 4,300 people in the comarca of Antequera and provincia of Málaga in Andalucía.

It is the site of the Christian-Moorish Battle of Teba in 1330 during the Reconquista, which took place near its castle. Sir James Douglas, a leading associate of King Robert I of Scotland, was killed there.

...thats all i found in wiki on Teba

The reference to Teba got yanked a few months after I added it ;)
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”