Creeping Doom

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.

Who thinks lilithelle was on crack to want all these changes to creeping doom?!?!

she was definitely not all there
22%
What lilithelle says, goes... add the changes!
30%
There should be even more procs for creeping doom... power up them druids!!!
48%

Total votes: 23
Emarin
Sojourner

Creeping Doom

Postby Emarin » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:26 am

Seeing how I had Lili's support on the GCC today, I thought I'd express our views on what should happen to creeping doom!

The spell says it summons a horde of arachnids and insects... well it should do more than just dmg!!!

C'mon, a horde of spiders and insects... That could include black widows, and well yea other poisonous little critters... The huge number of bites from these poisonous things would certainly have some kind of effect similar to if we got bit a ton of times, or stung by many of bees!

Some of the effects that should proc off creeping doom....

poison
- kill that mob... slowly...
slow - poison that disorients the mob and what not... that exists on real insects
mass paralyze - all that poison slows it to a stand still - I remember that spider in LOTR freezing frodo!
death - oh yea... it could kill the mob
blind - what happens to the mob when u get poisoned you occasionally lose your vision
displace/blur/mirror image - a ton of insects are in your face blocking your view of the target... i'd say you're blurred out or displaced!
and that poison?!?! c'mon you've got double-vision!
bleed - all those bites, cuts and stuff should mean you're bleeding profusely!!!
silence - if a ton of bugs crawl into your mouth, are you able to talk?
stun - if you take a lot of pain all at once, plus any type of poison/venom, what happens to you... you go into shock!!! Hence the stun!
replicate - insects are some of the fastest known precreators on the face of the planet... in the 3 rounds that they're with you, they should be able to have offspring to attack, hence allowing a proc for more rounds of damage dealing poison envenoming death!
addt'l dmg i'm sure a few insects would hang around after they bite their victim... they could be hungry... and well they should stick around and bite them again doing more dmg... yay!!!

So please take these ideas and implement them into creeping doom... Thanks! Enjoy! =) As a druid I'd even sacrifice one of our best spells to see this implemented... get rid of moonwell on druids for this spell please. Remember, lilithelle completely agreed with me... not sure if it was sarcastic!!!
Dartan tells you '*roll*'
Pril
Sojourner

Re: Creeping Doom

Postby Pril » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:20 pm

Emarin wrote:Seeing how I had Lili's support on the GCC today, I thought I'd express our views on what should happen to creeping doom!

The spell says it summons a horde of arachnids and insects... well it should do more than just dmg!!!

C'mon, a horde of spiders and insects... That could include black widows, and well yea other poisonous little critters... The huge number of bites from these poisonous things would certainly have some kind of effect similar to if we got bit a ton of times, or stung by many of bees!

Some of the effects that should proc off creeping doom....

poison
- kill that mob... slowly...
slow - poison that disorients the mob and what not... that exists on real insects
mass paralyze - all that poison slows it to a stand still - I remember that spider in LOTR freezing frodo!
death - oh yea... it could kill the mob
blind - what happens to the mob when u get poisoned you occasionally lose your vision
displace/blur/mirror image - a ton of insects are in your face blocking your view of the target... i'd say you're blurred out or displaced!
and that poison?!?! c'mon you've got double-vision!
bleed - all those bites, cuts and stuff should mean you're bleeding profusely!!!
silence - if a ton of bugs crawl into your mouth, are you able to talk?
stun - if you take a lot of pain all at once, plus any type of poison/venom, what happens to you... you go into shock!!! Hence the stun!
replicate - insects are some of the fastest known precreators on the face of the planet... in the 3 rounds that they're with you, they should be able to have offspring to attack, hence allowing a proc for more rounds of damage dealing poison envenoming death!
addt'l dmg i'm sure a few insects would hang around after they bite their victim... they could be hungry... and well they should stick around and bite them again doing more dmg... yay!!!

So please take these ideas and implement them into creeping doom... Thanks! Enjoy! =) As a druid I'd even sacrifice one of our best spells to see this implemented... get rid of moonwell on druids for this spell please. Remember, lilithelle completely agreed with me... not sure if it was sarcastic!!!

Don't forget....

Backfire You cast it but miscast the spell and can't control the insects so they kill and or poison you.

Elvish Perish Elves just suck this spell should auto kill all elves in room because the insects hate them.

If i think of more i'll add them.
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:34 am

8)

beard of bees - You can wear the doom as a face slot item
fear - I'd run away if the bugs started trying to crawl all over me
decay - the bugs should eat random corpses
giant fist - the bugs should be able to form themselves into the shape of things, like giant fists that punch your foes, or hammers to smack them, like in cartoons!
crabs - some of the bugs remain attached and cause unsightly itching
pollinate - the bugs cause fruits to grow by pollinating them, and you can eat the fruit for hitpoints
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:30 am

That'd make a pretty good comic!
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:59 pm

TLDR
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:52 am

Too long? Attention deficit issues?

RTFM!
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:13 am

I thought the idea was pretty ordinary until Pril and Yaya's additional ideas, now it rocks.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:08 pm

thanks Yaya, reading this made my day :-)

-simon

Yayaril wrote:8)

beard of bees - You can wear the doom as a face slot item
fear - I'd run away if the bugs started trying to crawl all over me
decay - the bugs should eat random corpses
giant fist - the bugs should be able to form themselves into the shape of things, like giant fists that punch your foes, or hammers to smack them, like in cartoons!
crabs - some of the bugs remain attached and cause unsightly itching
pollinate - the bugs cause fruits to grow by pollinating them, and you can eat the fruit for hitpoints
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:14 am

While premature normally to claim one's intelligence via the net, I'm first to point out Yaya's probably one of the smartest guys I'll never have met! Too bad he doesn't post enough :(
Verarb
Sojourner

Postby Verarb » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:32 am

like your style.

Imp it on an arti, ill test it out
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:34 am

saying that yaya is smrt is going a bit far, i've met him, although he is totally cool and has some good ideas, his taste in music brings his smartness down a bit in my book *whistle*

as for druid changes, I know this is from awhile ago, but I'm totally for sum zarking creeping doom loving, why we druids get downgraded while rogues keep getting upgraded is beyond me, sure it's the best class to play, sure we can heal and do damage, sure we can act as taxi cabs, but our 10th circle quest spell sucks major ass, i'd rather druids get ancestral shield than creeping (sucks balls) doom.

Will anyone please explain why a fugging SUMMONING spell that calls forth insects to attack your foes has a damn saving throw? Since when are mobs equipt with cans of RAID? If the spell is successfully cast, why the hell do mobs get a chance to save against it? Why does it miss when drag'd? Why doesn't it have more of the previously mentioned effects? Why is it only 3 waves instead of 4? Why can 3 waves hit a WD street cleaner and it lives? (even ancestral fury can kill a street cleaner) Why won't the gods answer druid questions?

um...yeah, so I'm going back to work now, enjoy
"When you close your eyes, is it hell that you see?" Ghost, Ginger Snaps 2
ssar
Sojourner

Re:

Postby ssar » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:09 pm

Yayaril wrote:crabs - some of the bugs remain attached and cause unsightly itching

This could be one of the best ideas I have seen.
BEER

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”