Camping to be caged (warn us)

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Camping to be caged (warn us)

Postby Disoputlip » Fri May 02, 2008 2:07 am

If you camp a place where you are not allowed, then it would be nice with some kind of warning.

E.g. if you camp in Jot.

I think it is fair enough that you can camp most places, but it would be nice in advance to know if you will get caged.
Corth
Sojourner

Re: Camping to be caged (warn us)

Postby Corth » Fri May 02, 2008 12:38 pm

The !camping rules were always vague. Would seem to me that its a lot easier for the immorts to simply go through the area files and make rooms !camp when appropriate.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri May 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Corth wrote:The !camping rules were always vague. Would seem to me that its a lot easier for the immorts to simply go through the area files and make rooms !camp when appropriate.

<317/317h> camp

You can camp here but just as a warning an army of rust monsters wanders around at night some of your eq may be gone. Would you like to continue camping? (y/n)

*nod self*
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Fri May 02, 2008 3:18 pm

Disoputlip wrote:If you camp a place where you are not allowed, then it would be nice with some kind of warning.

E.g. if you camp in Jot.

I think it is fair enough that you can camp most places, but it would be nice in advance to know if you will get caged.

I wouldn't mind adding this, but can you explain what you mean by caged? We have a room that is designated the safe deposit room for places that would otherwise be dangerous to the player. Were you inside the waiting room? If so, this room is teleportable for your convenience. You can gain assistance to leave the room by whichever method of travel you prefer.

If on the other hand, you mean you camped in a spot that got you caged within the abyss of punishment, my answer will be a little different :)
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri May 02, 2008 4:52 pm

Corth wrote:The !camping rules were always vague. Would seem to me that its a lot easier for the immorts to simply go through the area files and make rooms !camp when appropriate.

Dude they don't even have time to go back and fix CM.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri May 02, 2008 6:04 pm

You can get caged by camping in areas that are technically in a zone, but you're maybe only a couple of rooms from a safe room and thus had no idea you were going to wind up caged. Then you log in late at night and can't do anything because there's no staff on. A timer in the cage room that you're sent to after camping in a zone that sets you back to your hometown after a few minutes would solve this.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri May 02, 2008 6:23 pm

Why not just put a portal to VT in that room and have a log of people who have used that portal?

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Fri May 02, 2008 8:26 pm

I camped in gargoyle city, in a safe room i can speedwalk to from RC in under 100 moves.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Fri May 02, 2008 8:50 pm

Well, Eilistraee has modified the way it works so there is now going to be an exit down which leads to VT so nobody can get stuck. It should have been like this from the beginning and I'm sorry it has taken so long to get!

Thanks for the feedback!
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri May 02, 2008 9:20 pm

Shar wrote:Well, Eilistraee has modified the way it works so there is now going to be an exit down which leads to VT so nobody can get stuck. It should have been like this from the beginning and I'm sorry it has taken so long to get!

Thanks for the feedback!

Will the exit be hidden and heavily guarded? I think it would be nice for people to have to fight for their freedom. Maybe have them either fight their way out or try to solve riddles to get out.
The best of WTF statments of '06

--------------------------------------------------------

Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'

Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'

Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri May 02, 2008 9:47 pm

Better yet, show us rooms that have corpse of Cofen, corpse of Pril, etc. And we have to guess what foolish events and dates led to such mayhem and recklessness!!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri May 02, 2008 10:25 pm

Pril wrote:
Shar wrote:Well, Eilistraee has modified the way it works so there is now going to be an exit down which leads to VT so nobody can get stuck. It should have been like this from the beginning and I'm sorry it has taken so long to get!

Thanks for the feedback!

Will the exit be hidden and heavily guarded? I think it would be nice for people to have to fight for their freedom. Maybe have them either fight their way out or try to solve riddles to get out.

I hope they make this while your cleric is in there!

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”