Auction mail

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Kelzen
Sojourner

Auction mail

Postby Kelzen » Thu May 08, 2008 12:04 am

Wondering if it would be possible to configure the Auction system so that, upon a successful bid, an in-game mail is sent to the successful bidder. This would help notify people when they've won something.

I know it's quite trivial, and most people check the auction regularly enough that it's not a problem - but it on occasion it can be quite easy to forgot if you bid on something and subsequently won.

Cheers,
K
Targsk group-says 'i just wanna cr and try this again before i start feeling like moritheil'
Lorsalian
Sojourner

Re: Auction mail

Postby Lorsalian » Thu May 08, 2008 12:48 am

Good idea, but I would opt more for a mmail sent when you are overbid. You can check to see if you won something, and it'll keep for a number of game months, but the clock is ticking on an overbid.

If concerned about spam, could make it so a mmail is only sent if a person is offline.
spunionring
Sojourner

Re: Auction mail

Postby spunionring » Thu May 22, 2008 4:41 pm

OK, so i think that this could be a good idea, tho would prolly lead to excessive spam/mmail..

slightly off topic, Id like to be able to access my others characters auctions, the same way i can access other characters storage..

this way id be able to do aucs with one primary character, making it much easier to keep track of. instead of having to auc list all my alts.

Also, id love to be able to access my other characters bank accounts..
and access my storages from any inn..
ah, but alas these are topics for a new thread :P

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”