Them damn Ferries.......

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Them damn Ferries.......

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:21 am

Please for the sake of those who don't have the handy relocate and moowell spell available to us, I'm begging you, speed up the ferries! Having to walk all the way from GN to VT u have to go through to ferries and it takes just as long waiting for the damn things as it does walking the rest of the way. And I know someone is going to say "Just use a teleport pot" well im broke enough as it is and dont feel like blowing 50 plats so i can teleport into the wrong place over and over again.
But please if this is an easy fix..... FIX IT! nothing drives me more nuts as i just get to the ferry and the damn thing leaves before i can enter it. It would be a great way to help out those classes who dont get to use the beacons

Just my 2 cents though...

Thanks Pazak
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Gormal
Sojourner

Re: Them damn Ferries.......

Postby Gormal » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:11 am

Really ferries are not that bad. Rogues, shamans, liches, rangers, warriors, paladins, antipaladins, clerics, battlechanters, bards, necromancers, dire raiders, and any mage class without relocate all have to deal with walking. If you set up paths to do the walking for you, then travelling by foot is easy as hell when it comes down to it. The minority of the classes got a new ability that really didn't change a whole lot as we had methods to get to the same cities relatively easily anyway.

12 classes gained nothing inherently from the beacons, 6 did (2 of which can directly transport anyone using them). I already think that the beacons might be a little too much now that I've used them a lot, I don't see the need to dumb down travel even more myself.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:54 pm

To me, oh yes, they are that bad. 20+ min for some boats/ferries. It's forced RP. It doesn't add to game play for me. It may for other players, but I just would like to get from point A to point B. I'm not interested in forced ambiance. Furthering that would be swinging a sword would do ungodly damage irl. And yes, it's rl. So why should ferries take so long. They do irl, not in a fantasy world. Spell casting 20*'s like moonwell is what, actually 20 minutes if one second equals one minute in the mud.

Anyway, whatever..waiting takes away from the playing experience to sit in a room and, if nobody else is on or it's late night, watch the TICK IN FIVE SECONDS go by.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:59 pm

There's only one ferry that you can't circumvent and its reasonably fast. You could make the same argument for locked gates, ship rides to MS/PI/HP, etc. I wouldn't complain if the speed was bumped up a bit, I just don't see it as a big deal, and I don't see teleport beacons as a sound justification to dumb the mud down further, as they're already probably too much. I was actually hoping for inter-city portals, possibly with a fee. At least then you'd still have to run places but it would've benefited everyone. Oh well, at least we got something, carry on.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:43 pm

I don't understand why shopkeepers can say 'come back at 6 am' or whatever time they claim. What shopkeeper stands there sleeping. Why are there limits in the game when things get done? Gates locked during certain times are also pretty bad. That part of the game is like the military: Hurry up and wait!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:46 pm

Might as well remove night/day, exp zones should pop every 30 seconds, and item cooldowns should be reduced to nothing.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”