new skill/command: Peek

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
grundar
Sojourner

new skill/command: Peek

Postby grundar » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:47 pm

new skill/command for rogues:

peek necromancer
You attempt to peek at the inventory:
a rotten pipi
You see nothing else.
or
peek necromancer
You can't see anything. (low skill/char level vs mob level)
or
peek necromancer
#insert fail message here

this command would have no feedback for the group and cuts on the spam i get from looking 200 times at a mob to see its inventory and having some of those ginormous mob descriptions pop up on screen (think TTF). making this a skill that would require practice would be cool if when mastered 1 peek could give you the full contents of inventory.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Re: new skill/command: Peek

Postby Thilindel » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:21 pm

-agree-

I've always been puzzled why there's a room echo if someone looks at someone else. Of course someone will notice eq, and physical features from just being in a room without everybody in the room seeing someone is being looked at - I'd like to see GLANCE just changed to the 'peek' idea.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:20 am

see the problem with glance is it is the command i use to keep displaces/stones up during zones, or even worse seeing if valendhal is dead yet.
also to minimize spam i glance the mobs whenever i'm single targetting to know which one is closer to death and switch to it.
now imagine if you take rangers to tiamat and you glance barbazus or abishai patrols and get spammed off connection because of all those damned arrows in inventory?
this is why there needs to be a new command created and not just added to glance
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:22 pm

How only rogues see in inventory would be the same for "glance" was I was thinking. Players just look, but only rogues look and see inventory. Would be nice for "glance" to do that as well, since it's already in the game. Making it happen wouldn't change ele/shaman/chanters, etc. But, maybe rogues wouldn't want it if they're glance stabbing or tripping. Dunno!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”