Beacons, skills, and clerics

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Iledor
Sojourner

Beacons, skills, and clerics

Postby Iledor » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:16 am

hiyas

Beacons! Yay for becaons, no searching for targets... Sooooo can we change plane shift to join in on this fun? Plane shift is the only inter-zone transport ability not affected by this upgrade (except rift). I mean, come on, if I can sit here and think really hard about the plane of smoke while chanting words, can't I think really hard about, say, zhentil keep while chanting it? Even if it were watered down to north (tentowns), south (vt), east (zhentil keep), and underdark (ixarkon) it would be improved. I mean, come on, who in their right mind shifts to any plane except smoke or maybe astral? Any other shift is asking for a free pcorpse unless you're superwoman or lilithelle...

Can we please remove utterly and totally useless skills like unbind as mentioned elsewhere? What about mount? All it does is reduce the # of moves it takes to literally mount an animal. Would be useful if it determined what kind of mounts we can use (someone with poor or bad can mount a pack mule whereas someone with good or very good can mount a well-trained warhorse)

Can we also remove skills given to classes that don't even need them? Clerics don't have any spirit spells, yet we have spellcast spirit. It was mentioned elsewhere that skills be trainable to 99 by guildmasters... this is a good idea.

Okay, now about clerics... some change I see might be helpful...

Moving 'water breathing' 'holy word' 'unholy word' and 'group vigorize' from the 7th circle to 8th circle where there is less crowding. Maybe then they will be viable in zones under conditions etc

Add a spell alongside divine blessing called divine aura == group armor

increase the duration of vitality and raise the upper level values (most I have cast is 259) up about 50hp.

thanks
Pril
Sojourner

Re: Beacons, skills, and clerics

Postby Pril » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:21 pm

Iledor wrote:hiyas

Beacons! Yay for becaons, no searching for targets... Sooooo can we change plane shift to join in on this fun? Plane shift is the only inter-zone transport ability not affected by this upgrade (except rift). I mean, come on, if I can sit here and think really hard about the plane of smoke while chanting words, can't I think really hard about, say, zhentil keep while chanting it? Even if it were watered down to north (tentowns), south (vt), east (zhentil keep), and underdark (ixarkon) it would be improved. I mean, come on, who in their right mind shifts to any plane except smoke or maybe astral? Any other shift is asking for a free pcorpse unless you're superwoman or lilithelle...

Plenty of people shift prime, ethereal, astral

Iledor wrote:Can we please remove utterly and totally useless skills like unbind as mentioned elsewhere? What about mount? All it does is reduce the # of moves it takes to literally mount an animal. Would be useful if it determined what kind of mounts we can use (someone with poor or bad can mount a pack mule whereas someone with good or very good can mount a well-trained warhorse)

Mount also has a check for riding indoors.

Iledor wrote:Moving 'water breathing' 'holy word' 'unholy word' and 'group vigorize' from the 7th circle to 8th circle where there is less crowding. Maybe then they will be viable in zones under conditions etc

ponder since when are clerics not viable in zones?

Iledor wrote:Add a spell alongside divine blessing called divine aura == group armor

I like this idea there's group bark why not have group armor.

Iledor wrote:increase the duration of vitality and raise the upper level values (most I have cast is 259) up about 50hp.

How much would you want it raised? I mean the average top tier tank runs around with 1000-1200 or so hps. How much would you want vitality to give them?
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:12 pm

I'd like to see vitality relative to the class it's being cast upon. Much like how embodiment is relative to the _level_ of its recipient just the same. It seems odd that some mages can have more hps than a tank. True, there's no defense skills to speak of, but if both tank and mage are eating area spells, it's all the same.

Clerics are missing a melee aspect too. Always have felt that way. They're missing cool spells like Blade Barrier. Isn't there a spell like 'Defense' that is an area Armor spell? I don't remember which is what but sure would be nice. I honestly don't see problems with area utility spells (on the minor end) ..group protection from good, protection from evil, etc too! Hell, you never really see people manually cast that one even.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Iledor
Sojourner

Postby Iledor » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:33 pm

Mount also has a check for riding indoors.

Ya got me there. I don't think many people utilize our four-legged friends, though.

ponder since when are clerics not viable in zones?

Was referring only to the spells I had listed: Holy word, Unholy word, Water breathing, and group vigorize

How much would you want it raised? I mean the average top tier tank runs around with 1000-1200 or so hps. How much would you want vitality to give them?

A randomly rolled dice maxing out at 50hp more than the current amount, as alluded to in my original post. Basically, mobs are doing more damage and equipment is getting more +hps but clerics are remaining the same. Gotta move with the times, eh?

Replying to Thilindel:

Clerics are missing a melee aspect too. Always have felt that way. They're missing cool spells like Blade Barrier. Isn't there a spell like 'Defense' that is an area Armor spell? I don't remember which is what but sure would be nice.

Clerics are definitely missing an aspect of defense, I will agree with you there. I have often pondered adding a spell much akin to fireshield or coldshield except it would be holyshield or unholy shield that they could cast on themselves only and would reflect damage much like the aforementioned spells. I'll be laughed out of the academy for suggesting this one, though! heh!

-Tim
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:03 pm

most of these issues have been brought up before to no availe so don't get your hopes up.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”