What can be done?

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.

Mutliplaying UNTIL 2.0 release?

Two characters per player pending 2.0
21%
As many as you can control, pending
11%
Maybe every weekend or specific day per week for multi, pending
25%
I don't like multi
21%
I don't want anybody to multi
21%

Total votes: 28
Thilindel
Sojourner

What can be done?

Postby Thilindel » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:04 am

When you can't even get group to xp, it's f'g sad.

I'm bored here, pretty simple. There's just not enough people now. If I wanted to play with myself, I could turn the lights off!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Botef
Sojourner

Re: What can be done?

Postby Botef » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:51 am

I voted I don't like multi. Not because I don't like multi, but because I wouldn't want it as a regular thing. Every couple of months it can be a lot of fun to play around or xp like a mad man, but definately not an all the time thing.

Biggest issue is the twinking. So many things can be two manned with an ele/rog or other combinations. Even with a 2 character limit it would have a significant impact on what can already be a pretty frustrating bit of competition!

I'd much rather see changes made to the dynamics of xp whether that be reducing the tables for low-mid level, boosting xp output in groups, or adding some kind of quest system that rewards tangible xp as an alternative to smiting mobs till your bored stiff.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
valnass
Sojourner

Postby valnass » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:03 pm

Yeah the twinking isnt right on multi days maybe make well known twink spots lock on multi, but then again if you could do it you would to right? A multi like once everyother month or so would be nice till 2.0 or more ppl start playing again.

Also a multi during x-mas break would be sweet seeing a lot of ppl will be gone and the few of us who will be here need something to do. *wink*
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:46 pm

I understand where thil is coming from spent pretty much all of yesterday looking for a xp group for my 36 elem. and nothing. I think instead of flagging certain zone !multi we should make a couple of the xp zones like CM, DS and Randars as the only place that you can multi. Its painful trying to get a decent xp group going on, its actually why i play classes that are pretty much solo machines (Shaman, rogue and elem so far) but lets face it sitting there playing with my elemental all day aint no fun :(

The one thing i wouldnt like is the fact that when i do get into some xp groups usually its a good time chatting it up as we killing (strangly anyone playing a bard dont talk much) if we did the multi thing this wouldnt happen so much. Half the reason i play this game is to talk it up to people and have a good time with them.

As well i know there a couple newbs out there who have just started up and they would probably not get into xp groups as much if everyone had thier own xp partner. I remember the best way for me to learn how to do something was from getting in the xp groups and hearing people talk about things or offer thier advice, plus i got some nice shiny newb gifts :).
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Oh one other thing if we put a lvl cap on multi at say 40 it would keep twinking down to a minimum too i think
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:22 am

ya, I play for the group dynamic too.. even though I'm leveling an elementalist at the moment. The social aspect of this game is what makes it fun. It's not just smiting mobs by yourself in a blind rage, it's meeting people and chatting and laughing while smiting mobs in a blind rage, that's fun. Some of the best times i've had on this mud were during regular xp, it's all about that social dynamic. without that, this game would suck ass.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”