Classless Multi-RP-PC Alts

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Valendhal
Sojourner

Classless Multi-RP-PC Alts

Postby Valendhal » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:15 am

Far out idea.

Create a way to roll a class-less PC specifically for the purpose of role playing. These PC's are severely restricted from many things, practically worthless in combat etc. BUT could give the game an enhanced RP feel to it.

This type of character would be allowed 1 simultaneous connection along with a "normal" character.

For instance I would like a woodsman who hangs out in Tethir all day chopping wood. Maybe he lives in a nearby hut or has a specific home location. I am allowed to set him up w some RP trigs and toss him in the woods while say im zoning or something with my real character.

[Unrealistically probably] stretching this concept farther, these characters could produce different commodities from a number of activities such as mining, forestry, farming etc. Each commodity could be traded but given to a certain quest "builder" mob in units. The mob would then award some type of credit that _could_ be added up and eventually used to build a dwelling of sorts, or a wheel barrow or tool to increase productivity of the same.

Just a far out concept, laugh if you must!
Yayaril
Sojourner

Re: Classless Multi-RP-PC Alts

Postby Yayaril » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:44 pm

I could be both a Holy Paladin, destroying the evil that lurks in the fields of the dead, and a toothless prostitute rolling johns in southern Waterdeep.
Valendhal
Sojourner

Postby Valendhal » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:14 pm

Yayaril wrote:I could be both a Holy Paladin, destroying the evil that lurks in the fields of the dead, and a toothless prostitute rolling johns in southern Waterdeep.

Hey, whatever floats your boat! :P
Kissa
Sojourner

Postby Kissa » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:19 pm

should RP as an SCV
and mine for minerals and vespene gas
so you can mass battle cruisers and pwn tiamat.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:49 pm

Who the hell is calling me classless?!
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:00 pm

I really like this idea. Mainly the second part, I don't know if you'd need to have a second character for it though. Just add an in game mini game dealing with certain types of commodities, coal, wood, gems stuff like that.
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:49 pm

I think this idea has very little merit. If it was the prerogative of the areas staff, I think this idea would be much better served as popping up new quest mob NPC's throughout the mud in low to mid level areas as EXP quests. Thus creating the new areas standard of EXP quests by using PC lookalike mobs.

Other than something like this, I don't see any point.
Valendhal
Sojourner

Postby Valendhal » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:52 pm

Jaznolg wrote:I think this idea has very little merit. If it was the prerogative of the areas staff, I think this idea would be much better served as popping up new quest mob NPC's throughout the mud in low to mid level areas as EXP quests. Thus creating the new areas standard of EXP quests by using PC lookalike mobs.

Other than something like this, I don't see any point.

The point is to add another dimension. Some people enjoy RP and having a character that they could passively play is a fun thing. It would also add an additional element to the pbase.

Lets see .. heres my pitch "Get a character, live in a fantasy world, be a spectator, be a fan! Stick close to town, trade, grow, prosper!"
Lathander
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Lathander » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:27 am

"Passively play" as opposed to "actively play"? Isn't that just sitting at 3W or below the inn? Corth's been passively playing for years.
Valendhal
Sojourner

Postby Valendhal » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:06 pm

Lathander wrote:"Passively play" as opposed to "actively play"? Isn't that just sitting at 3W or below the inn? Corth's been passively playing for years.

It is different in that you are allowed to simultaneously play 1 "active" and 1 "passive" player. (kind of like multi)

The passive player would be classless and have no skills other than some basic ones. Maybe the skill set could be learned/improved but only with regard to a trade or skill like forestry.

Maybe the passive player doesn't have to even be a PC. Maybe you can purchase a npc / shop / quest mob / room / domicile etc. We are already kind of doing this w guildhalls.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:17 pm

this sounds like a waste of coding time to me. maybe 5 people would use it? I'd think there were more important things the codes could waste their time on :)

like 2.0 *whistle*
Merrick
Sojourner

Postby Merrick » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:08 am

uhhh considering theres maybe 30 people on at any given time 5 peoples alot

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”