mini-chimeras for all casters

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
spunionring
Sojourner

mini-chimeras for all casters

Postby spunionring » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:10 pm

I think someone should introduce items for each caster class like the shaman's sapphire circlet.

Particularly for the most frustrating classes to zone with (enchanter / cleric) but really all casters should have an option, imo
Inames
Sojourner

Re: mini-chimeras for all casters

Postby Inames » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:50 am

mmm quested seelie staves...

shamans of all race choices have crappy wis tho, so i think it balances it out a bit to have the extra automem item for them. i dont think the gods will approve the creation of similar items for classes that have clear racial advantages, like elf enchanters/vokers/eles.. yuan clerics.. though goodrace clerics and druids kinda have a similar disadvantage to barbs since no goodraces have higher than normal wis
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:25 am

orc shaman are 100 *shrug* they're merely orcs tho..not like they're elves or anything else superior!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:46 pm

well orc shamans can use the shaman circlet cant they? so their wis isnt in question
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:52 pm

Inames wrote:...shamans of all race choices have crappy wis tho, so ...
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
spunionring
Sojourner

Postby spunionring » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:31 pm

(In general I am noticing alot of miscommunication on these boards and alot of responses arent really making sense to me..)

Thil, that is what inames means. orc wis = human wis = elf wis ETC. 100 is a shitty shitty wis for a priest class.

Agreed, priests (goodrace clerics and druids) are particularly in need of help because of the lack of racial bonuses to wis.

Race Wisdom Factor
barbarian 100
drow 90
duergar 100
dwarf 100
gnome 90
greyelf 100
halfelf 100
halfling 100
human 100
ogre 60
orc 100
troll 70
yuanti 150

All priests except yuanti have a 100 or less racial wis.

Meanwhile for mages: grey elf/drow mages get 150 int. gnome/yuanti get 125 int. Both evilrace and goodrace get options for better than human (spits) memtimes.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:20 am

just thought id mention to that the iron circlet with sapphires you need to have your spirit in the same room as u, Ive tried this plenty of times and it just dont happen a lot in zones i can usually keep Bacon alive for a couple little fights but the second a couple areas hit or a dragon decides that he wants fried Bacon hes gone.

From what ive found the iron circlet really is only helpful in soloin. Its made huge differences in fights in GC and other places like that but as far as zoning goes its extremely hard to make it useful..... at least for me it is.

FYI Bacon is my spirit boar

But about the wis thing ive really noticed the difference in casting/meming time now that ive played with a nancing elem.
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:17 am

I still like my idea of potions that mem spells back.

In the sam vein, I'd like potions that improved your hit/dam for a short time.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:47 am

potions of heroism, chaotic mood, etc. There's one potion I saw that increases your hit/dam but (if non-rogue or warrior) 50% spellcast failure. So, interesting outcomes regardless. I swear by having cure light/serious/critical wounds SCROLLS in game. Heck, they're in the real D&D..potions and their quotas suck - same with dispelling yourself, which SHOULD reset your potions intake/day.
spunionring
Sojourner

Postby spunionring » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:34 pm

amena wolfsnarl wrote:just thought id mention to that the iron circlet with sapphires you need to have your spirit in the same room as u, Ive tried this plenty of times and it just dont happen a lot in zones i can usually keep Bacon alive for a couple little fights but the second a couple areas hit or a dragon decides that he wants fried Bacon hes gone.

From what ive found the iron circlet really is only helpful in soloin. Its made huge differences in fights in GC and other places like that but as far as zoning goes its extremely hard to make it useful..... at least for me it is.

FYI Bacon is my spirit boar

But about the wis thing ive really noticed the difference in casting/meming time now that ive played with a nancing elem.

omg that sucks, i had no idea it was tied to spirit being in the room. damn
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:38 pm

I can get behind Gormal's suggestion, but if they are potions then I request that it be implemented as a trade skill and as both a time and a platinum/eq sink.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:57 am

And/or dropped off zone bosses.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”