Tanari Gloves

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Sarell
Sojourner

Tanari Gloves

Postby Sarell » Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:01 pm

Change from 2hit 2dam, to 3dam...

This doesn't seem to balance anything is just a very annoying re-configuration for rogues who need lots of hitroll. What's with things gaining prot evil and detect evil good? *grins*
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:20 pm

Agree, I don't understand why some items were radically changed from what they were. Why not try to make them somewhat similar? If you have to downgrade thats fine, buy why redefine the item?
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:26 pm

Better question is why downgrade this particular item. Its from one of the most challenging fights in the game in a difficult to CR zone...

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:29 pm

Corth wrote:Better question is why downgrade this particular item. Its from one of the most challenging fights in the game in a difficult to CR zone...

Corth

Corth has a point, Avernus isn't one of those places you take lightly. Hell, even the garden has that lame sleep proc now. It's disturbing that anything from the Avernus area would be downgraded at all.
Kaede
Sojourner

Postby Kaede » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:15 pm

Yeah, these gloves got reduced to easy-to-get musp quest gauntlets level. There is little point wearing them now because there is already too much PFC eq in the game, and musp has two of the best PFC items for melee classes already.

But then maybe prot_evil is all that and we just don't realize it yet? If so, this is an example of eq that was primarily worn by rogues that had stats dramatically changed to be beneficial to warriors instead.
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:27 pm

Tanar'ris SHOULD go back to 2/2.

All rogues lost a crapload of hitroll.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:56 pm

If anything was going to change about these gloves, it should have been an upgrade to hitroll. They were unique, special, and incredibly difficult to get. Now they're just difficult to get.
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:09 pm

This was by far the best item I had on my rogue. I got SOOOO many offers to trade them because no one else had them. For them to now be equal to the muspel gear that everyone has sucks.

If there was any item that I thought was going to get an upgrade it was these gloves. for them to be Dg'd is more than disapointing.
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:38 pm

I am also in agreement, and I don't even own a pair.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:10 pm

I noticed that the Scorps earring was changed. Is someone looking into these gloves?

No offense, but these should have received an upgrade not a DG.

Thank you
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:19 pm

Give 'em time, Pokpok! I say we take a week off, gather up the guild, head out to the woods and sit around a campfire drinking Berenjager and singing old 70's tunes, while we wait for things to settle down!
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:26 pm

Give people a week off and quite a few won't come back. Its been proven over and over.

Return to “Object Changes”