an amulet of sight

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Nokie
Sojourner

an amulet of sight

Postby Nokie » Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:24 pm

Lost sense life.

Gained detect evil & detect good.

Was it too easy to get or something? I was always getting solicitations from people to trade for it - something about it being a very rareload fight in avernus. The loss of sense life is a huge blow. I'd much rather (as a scout) see hidden things than to know if something is evil or good.

Perhaps you could move the fight to SG so it wouldn't be downgraded? :)

Re: an amulet of sight

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:01 pm

Nokie wrote:
Perhaps you could move the fight to SG so it wouldn't be downgraded? :)

Oh damn.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:13 pm

8)

It's not like you worked hard to get the amulet- you did solo it.
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:46 pm

Yayaril wrote:It's not like you worked hard to get the amulet- you did solo it.

A couple of things:

1) When I 'soloed' it, the object was loated on a different mob. Now it's on a rareload group of mobs on the grid.
2) In incured a huge risk being there solo, one wrong step and I would have been a grease spot in avernus.

So I feel that I did work hard, in fact I think there was much more risk than if I was with a large group and simply won the dice roll for it.

That particular trip was one of the most exciting and rewarding things I've done this wipe.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:24 pm

this item needed to lose DI not sense life. Still broken imo.

Name one other DI item in the game for non mages
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:25 pm

why not rename it "an amulet of some sight"
Verarb
Sojourner

Ugh

Postby Verarb » Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:06 pm

it also lost farsee,
C'mon now :), was it that overpowering to wear one item that needs a group of 15 to spend like 1.5 hrs to check if a 1% rare loaded?
So like now i hafta swap around jade bracelets headbands etc So What? the point was to incovenience pcs?, I doubt it.
Yes Yes eq needs balancing but what was the point of this one? Farsee and sense life is not that difficult to get and Hardly makes a difference in zoning ability. Why nerf it?.
All the amulet is, is Convenient not Powerful it gives no stats(0 HPS, 0AC, 0 Hit Dam.)
Bleh so this is like another bag item? i wore this thing 100% of the time and it gave no other useful stats now maybe ill just stick with metallics and quest it for bunch of other stuff that people will bag too?.
Don't let it happen!
It makes sense, if i give up a neck slot in order to wear an item that gives no stats = lesser pc Uberness(overall less ac hps Hit dam SS etc) which is the point right?.

Change it back :(
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:57 pm

I think we should increase the price of potions and scrolls significantly.

Get rid of the driftwood staff and a few other choice items.

Get rid of all the !bits sense life, DI, DM, DG, DE, Farsee gear.

Then upgrade melee.
Verarb
Sojourner

Postby Verarb » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:06 pm

kiryan wrote:I think we should increase the price of potions and scrolls significantly.

Why?
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:42 am

Hehe I think this is just another issue on the point-worth of perm-affects like DM, DI, Farsee, prots, etc. The new system deems these exceptionally more valuable then they were before. Some disagree some agree. I think if you manage to convince the admin to alter their calculation on what is valuable amulet of sight will automagically return to its former glory.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:33 am

Verarb wrote:
kiryan wrote:I think we should increase the price of potions and scrolls significantly.

Why?

cuz i think magic users should be magic users and melee should hit things and go without magical effects other than combat altering weapon procs.

If your gonna leave it similar to what it is, drop the crappy effects and give it back sense life, farsee, and leave DI.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:42 am

I not sure why amulet of sight could possible get downgraded. Definately one of if not the hardest item to get in game and all it does is provide a little extra convenience for leaders/adventurers like myself who don't want to have to constantly check spells. Bring back farsee, SL :9....

Making it have SL, DI and farsee i think makes it a little more attrative across classes as provides a spell one class can't cast anyhow. Potions are available as is alternative gear at MUCH easier prices / availability. Sight has no other stats.
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:44 am

I still like Gyrx's idea the best.
Verarb
Sojourner

Postby Verarb » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:13 pm

if ya want to get into a cross class ability debate then just about every melee weapon proc needs to be reworked as well as forgetting about/getting rid of any haste items/Procs.
Oh Do Not Forget about Poisons/garroting. If you follow that reasoning then Minor para/Major para/Blind/Slow should be out. Not to mention globe potions. Delete Ampoules!.
Kiyran, you wanna leave items that give certain abilities limited to races and classes that already have them?. How boring is that?
Lets not revert back to a Cut and Dried 2mth old 4 class Mud.
Leave Toril some flavor and Fun :(.
I wanna hear some good reasons why Amulet was downgraded. How was the point system working for this item?.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:15 pm

they had to downgrade it so they could downgrade finder eq.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Verarb
Sojourner

Postby Verarb » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:25 pm

??? my brain blew up from trying to figuring out how the egg came from the chicken that came from the the egg.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:17 am

potions and staves get used up. That has an intrinsic cost even though with how cheap some potions are they might as well give warriors the spells sense life and detect invis.

Anyhow, that is entirely different than an item that grants permanent DI to classes that have no natural ability.

DI item for a mage is a convenience
DI item for a warrior is godly (well not so godly considering those ultra cheap potions)

Caz says watch me cast permanent DI
rem neckguard
wear sight

Caz says wanna see me cast group bark
wield sword
say labellimagayass
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:09 am

i love you nokie!
Verarb
Sojourner

Postby Verarb » Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:03 pm

kiryan wrote:potions and staves get used up. That has an intrinsic cost even though with how cheap some potions are they might as well give warriors the spells sense life and detect invis.

That's the point of the Amulet so i dont have to use potions. So someone gets Very lucky in Avernus after a lifetime of mudding and OMG they dont hafta quaff metallics or strap on a jade bracelet.
Not like i can Instakill anyone with one hit.
They left DI on it BTW, but gave it detect evil detect good?, what possible purpose does it serve?. It seems like those were "remainder" points from the System and just thrown in for shits and giggles. Shoot remove the detects and put SL and farsee back.

BTW there are plenty of warrior gear already with sense life, infra, farsee and DI(cough thief's haven),.that actually gives them additional bonuses, not knocking it, just how does any of it unbalance the game?.
How do a few pcs who dont hafta bother with potions = unbalanced?

Hrm actually i think the amulet needs an upgrade considering where it comes from and its rarity. Throw in like a 1/day clair or something or give it some stats like MR,HPS, AC, Agi.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:36 am

actually nogs, agree verarb, sight needed an upgrade.. a clair thing built into sight woud be cool

note: whoever sauid warrior remove neckware to wear sight *boggle*, i would NEVER do that in a zone on my warrior. I'm already trepid about losing hitpoints / saves / AC with it on my druid (well actually no now it is only DI I don't really wear it at all). So yeh... seems silly to keep in the bottom of bag one of hardest items in game to get.

Return to “Object Changes”