Dscale robes

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Dizzin
Sojourner

Dscale robes

Postby Dizzin » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:02 pm

Require fixing when compared to anything else out there. The fact it has less hp than even Loki ringmail is odd.
Branthur
Sojourner

Postby Branthur » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:09 pm

Actually I can see the dscale robes stats...only a few less hp than loki ringmail, but it's also got 3 prots still (which is a lot from what I've seen of the other gear), and 2 MR.

*shrug* my opinion, of course, but I'll continue to wear mine.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:13 pm

Yeah, but they gave it the prots every other item retained as well. I have 10 separate PFF items, 7 PFC, 6 PFA. That's just looking around in the few bags that I kept, and the items I acquired in anticipation of them getting an upgrade (ha). I have 2 PFG items (pipe and shroud) and 1 PFL item (gauntlets of the planetar, heh). At the very least, it could have retained the prots that are incredibly rare now, instead of those that everything has.
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ

Re: Dscale robes

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:15 pm

Dizzin wrote:Require fixing when compared to anything else out there. The fact it has less hp than even Loki ringmail is fucked.

People are getting too stuck on the fact that omg my Uberl33t Item of Pwn has 2 less hp than Notsouber Item of Normalness...don't forget the pff pfl pfa pfg dm sl -100sb whatever that the top end item has:P

That being said...dscale robes probably could use a lil bump. I just love how people seem to look at the hp to determine the quality of an item...
Branthur
Sojourner

Postby Branthur » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:16 pm

True..don't get me wrong, I would have prefered it lose the MR entirely and keep all 5 prots. But that's more preference, and not necessarily game balance...that's all I'm sayin. :wink:

Might have lost a few points too, since one of the dragons gives an item as well, but that's just a guess.

edit: They should probably get a fugly bonus though, like the clouds fuglyhat did.

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:18 pm

Todrael wrote:Yeah, but they gave it the prots every other item retained as well. I have 10 separate PFF items, 7 PFC, 6 PFA. That's just looking around in the few bags that I kept, and the items I acquired in anticipation of them getting an upgrade (ha). I have 2 PFG items (pipe and shroud) and 1 PFL item (gauntlets of the planetar, heh). At the very least, it could have retained the prots that are incredibly rare now, instead of those that everything has.

Well, the 3 prots that it retained are the only ones that fry equipment...that should be worth something. Change them to pfg pfl and watch the bitching really begin :P
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:26 pm

Sigh. Forget it.

Cyric's more into "pruning" posts than fixing this uhh, wonderful and lovely and oh so balanced set of changes!

Thanks!
Last edited by Dizzin on Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:37 pm

Dizzin wrote:Hey "Guest" if you dont want to show yourself, that's your business. The fact that a difficult quest gives something with less hp than something that a group of 5 can get in less than an hour every single boot is odd. And I'm sorry, you can babble all you want about oh how useful MR or the prots are.. but please, those 3 prots EVERY item still kept anyways.

Edited by your mother who is on her way to your house with a big bar of soap for your foul mouth

I wasn't directing my post toward you only diz...Oteb made a similar complaint..i just chose this thread to post it in. Sorry if I offended you. That being said, I'll trade you loki ringmail for your trashy robes...since they suck so bad
Ebgar
Sojourner

Postby Ebgar » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:42 pm

yeah, i agree i would lose the MR for all the prots back or more hps.

having 2 or 3% of MR is pretty worthless.

-Ebgar
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:45 pm

Especially since magic resistance has never worked except against dragon breath and other PCs.
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:48 pm

Todrael wrote:Especially since magic resistance has never worked except against dragon breath and other PCs.

I actually shrugged a spell one time wearing my serpent armor with 5% mr. Once.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:21 pm

Todrael wrote:Especially since magic resistance has never worked except against dragon breath and other PCs.

it works. One time we were getting killed by brack and my MR saved me from sandstorm.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:51 pm

I hope you will disregard the above trash talk Cyric/gods and continue to focus on the better points of this issue:

When it comes down to it I must agree with Dizzin. The other bonuses that our friend "Guest" says make up for the pitiful hitpoints in my opininon do not. As Tod mentioned, the prots it gives are plentiful in other slots and this redundancy diminishes value. MR is little benefit, and will remain that way in small doses (which is where it should remain).

But the way the points were distributed on this item are not my biggest qualm, but the fact that its points are too low to merit higher stats. Considering that:
The zone is one of the more difficult ones.
You must give up a valuable quest item from the zone because you must kill its quest mob.
At least 2 of the components are on difficult mobs that are suitably rare and sought after.
Other components are located on difficult mobs in dificult zones.
Some components are also required for other quests.
Some components are located deep in difficult zones.
One item is a quest in itself.

To sum, it takes quite a few adventures to get to the point where you can obtain this item. Comparable items or slightly lesser items take only 1 trip in arguably easier zones. I think at the least it warrants "top-end" hp, and useful prots if not all.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:54 pm

agreed. just because some of you mudders are sexually deprived, don't take your fat aggression out on the imms. especially those in charge of your EQ!
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:45 am

one of the few systemic problems i see in dugmaren's system is that really rare items required for quests don't add enough. it is not easy finding infernos for dragonscale robes, very rare from what i can tell. I'd have prefered it keep a few more hps. The robe off zhalatrax (level 55 warrior/mage with 2 lurable 42 guards) is 25 hps... Considering smoke invasion robe is 30 hp 3 mr, i'd think this should be at least 30 hps still. Though i do prefer it keeping the prots vs burnable breath weapons over the more rare breath save types.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:02 am

Dalar wrote:

it works. One time we were getting killed by brack and my MR saved me from sandstorm.

I've seen perhaps one or two times where it worked, yes. However, let's do a simple comparison. 30 minutes in the Arena with one other player vs. a full year of hardcore zoning and 100+ playing days. Which do you think would generate more MR shrugs? Unfortunately, it was the Arena battle.
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:04 am

drop the useless mr, and raise the hitpoints back up. I can't belive how long I searched for infernos for my robe.. I guess I should avoid playing the toril lottery.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:32 am

Not to count it was made anti-orc right before you got it for your orc :P People seem to forget it has a lot of odd restrictions, too.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:09 am

I agree.. This quest took me 5 to 6 months of rare hunting and killing tough dragons. And now I'd just put it in by bag and wear a loki ringmail instead :(
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:38 pm

Thanks for fixing the robe. I was worried for a while there, what with it taking me many months of rare hunting and dragon slaying. And we all know how I hate dragons, much less rare hunting. It took me over a week just to figure out what one of the items was and where to get it (this is before everybody shared everything with everybody). Hell, I probably died more times just getting to the quest mob in clouds than I have total in many other zones. But in the end, the changes you put in made it all worth while.

Oh wait. Just realized I was ID'ing the robe I got from 4 hours in spob last night. My bad.

Bring back prot-all, bring back the 3 MR, upgrade the HPs (don't necessarily need more HPs if the prots and MR come back). If you can't do it by 'the system', then change the system point evaluation for epic quests until you can.
Ebgar
Sojourner

Postby Ebgar » Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:20 pm

The downgrading of epic quest items is just crap.

All this is going to do, is make people not do quests.

Why would you do this quest, when you can just go to 1 zone and get a better item.

I mean, if the gods don't want us to do quests, then take them out and just make zones full of 1000's of mobs, so that it can get the points required for this system.

Hell, if you are going to do it this way, you could almost go to a Diabo-Like system, and just make every mob in the game able to drop a certain "class level" of items, that way every zone is done. And all you are doing is rating the toughness of certain fights. Then people would do every zone, and not just SPOB.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:15 pm

I guess another alternative would be to downgrade every other on-body in the game.

Return to “Object Changes”