a lightweight cloak of shadows

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Todrael
Sojourner

a lightweight cloak of shadows

Postby Todrael » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:15 pm

Why is my Bronze Citadel cloak worse than a Mantle of Knowledge? Hardly better than a Polkadot? I know Scorps was due to either keep stats or get an upgrade (people underestimate that zone), but Bronze Citadel...
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:27 pm

BC eq sucks now because there's good items in avernus, which also suck now...Cyric explained it in the other thread.

Basically all the items from BC and Avernus come from a single pool of points, rather than two separate pools. Since there's so many good items in there, they all became mediocre instead. I would personally opt to make BC eq stay awesome, and nerf the hell out of avernus...
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:30 pm

What I love is that the Avernus changes are a joke. The hard to get stuff like Tanar'ris or amulet of sight got messed with.. while the utter wuss stuff like demonscale boots got huge upgrades. :P
Last edited by Dizzin on Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:34 pm

There are no 'bonus' points, points are fixed and are just transferred around. Increasing Zone B leads to a decrease in net Zone A points. Even though it doesn't seem fair that you have to do Avernus to get to BC, Avernus drops its own eq which makes it worthwhile in its own right...not a perfect system, but it does work, and overall will improve our gameplay substantially.

Doesn't it make sense that a zone that requires another zone to get to should get some modifier applied? If I'm working overtime I want time and 1/2!;)
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:45 pm

I don't care about the supposed point system's application to BC and Avernus. If anything, these two zones are a perfect example of how the system is BROKEN. The god that was redoing BC equal had to ask me how to do the quests to get the eq. They didn't even know how to do the zone. I've done it more than 20 times and can say that there's something seriously wrong here.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:50 pm

You've done BC more than 20 times? Holy crap dude.

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:51 pm

It gets really boring after the first 3 times.

And I was counting failed runs that spent longer than 4 hours.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:01 pm

I agree that somethings wrong when BC eq gets downgraded. I'm trying to get an understanding of how the system works, so that I can suggest how to tweak it to make it better.

The end result is this: BC is hard. Avernus is hard. You have to do avernus just to get a chance at BC. Therefore, I would think that BC should get a big bonus in its point total since you have to complete a hard zone just to get there, and you have to do it the same boot. The point system looks at these two and treats them as a single zone. It doesn't account for the fact that one can be done without the other. It also uses the points earned by the difficulty in BC to award better stats to items in avernus, which can be obtained without doing BC. There's something wrong with that.

I would ask that you re-evaluate BC and avernus as separate zones. The fights you need to get to BC should count toward both avernus and toward BC eq, or be divided between the zones. But keep the totals and the eq from BC and from avernus separate from one another, and evaluate them as such.

Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:32 pm

Some moron decided Scorps was tougher than BC...

I don't care IF cloak is 10 hp or 5hp.. it should be the fucking best in game this side of tiamat.
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition

Return to “Object Changes”