Roots Anyone?

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Maedor
Sojourner

Roots Anyone?

Postby Maedor » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:51 pm

Um yea...22hp 9str. Who wants to do roots tonight?

Compare with 20hp demi girdle that was..probably still is quite soloable. Yea, the 9str is what makes the roots belt unique, but in order for roots to be done, I'd think a little love for the roots belt is in order.

once again..if I was Dug for a day-

Roots belt=9str 30hp

Some sense life lovin might be a cool alternative to more hp...shrug...just give the poor boy some luv :(
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:55 pm

I think the cuendillar took all the points. It's +50 move. The most of almost any item in the game.
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:57 pm

nah it already had +50 move i thought.. so it got no changed, just a big downgrade on the only item people did roots to get, roots will just be another forgton zone.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:59 pm

That was my point. Every other +move item got downgraded heavily. Keeping +50 moves probably costs a buttload of points.
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:00 pm

Malia wrote:roots will just be another forgton zone.

I'm confident that the admins won't allow such a unique zone to fall into obscurity. Roots really is a fun/unique/sometimes spanky lil zone. Don't force us to not do it pwease.

Thank you, please drive through.
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:00 pm

Todrael wrote:That was my point. Every other +move item got downgraded heavily. Keeping +50 moves probably costs a buttload of points.

Because having more than 150 moves caused the game to be unbalanced. Or Something.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:01 pm

regardless of the downgrades, there are now gonna be ALOT of zones that are forgoten about.. just like roots.. cuz now all the pieces you need to get are from like 2-3 zones. dont know how this balances the mud or anyhting i know alot of work was put into this and maybe by tweaking some key pieces it will work. But 1 real key thing i see is that now instead of 6-8 zones that are done you will do 2-3 zones. which is sad, i wish it was more like 15-20 zones that are done to get what you need.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Kaede
Sojourner

Postby Kaede » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:03 pm

You guys laugh but Inama solo'ed Bel with the 100 extra moves from heartstones.
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:06 pm

Malia wrote:regardless of the downgrades, there are now gonna be ALOT of zones that are forgoten about.. just like roots.. cuz now all the pieces you need to get are from like 2-3 zones. dont know how this balances the mud or anyhting i know alot of work was put into this and maybe by tweaking some key pieces it will work. But 1 real key thing i see is that now instead of 6-8 zones that are done you will do 2-3 zones. which is sad, i wish it was more like 15-20 zones that are done to get what you need.

Personally, I really liked how sf gave an item with better ansi and -1ss better than the amulet in crypts. Even with that little change, sf was done quite frequently, and I don't think too many people complained about risk vs reward.

Does a zone being easy mean nothing top notch should come from it? I'd say no. What if that new orc zone had 1 solid meatshield/rogue/cleric/mage item that randomly loaded in the end instead of 12 items that noone really wants.

How fun can it be to do muspel, spob and seelie every day?

Again...but who asked me :P
Last edited by Maedor on Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:08 pm

Maedor wrote:Does a zone being easy mean nothing top notch should come from it? I'd say no.

that's cuz your an idiot:)
It's exactly what it means.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:09 pm

Crypts is not easy. It's fast. There's a big difference.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:13 pm

Crypts is easy and fast =) you can 5man it in less then 30 min really not saying thats a bad thing. Zones like that are fun cuz for those that dont have time to invest into a 4hr zone. not saying the reward should be as good but its not a hard zone at all.

Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:13 pm

Sorry. Forgot goodies don't actually do the zone the way they're supposed to.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:14 pm

i think heartstone was 100 moves previously not 50.
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:15 pm

My point is more that instead of 12 items that noone wants, have 1 decent to good item load. You still waste a groups time for 1 item...it just happens to be an item that will get used.

The problem with mid level zones, is that level 30s don't zone. So if the rewards arent' worth a small high level groups time, then, once the novelty of the new zone wears off, it gets cobwebs.
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:17 pm

Todrael wrote:Sorry. Forgot goodies don't actually do the zone the way they're supposed to.

Todrael, that's really unecessary and inappropriate. I have a lot of respect for you and a pointless flame is really dissapointing to see.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:20 pm

I was pointing out that goodies do zones on an inherently different level than evils do the same zones. It is my opinion that the system applied to eq changes took into account the "goodie" method of doing each zone, and not the "evil" way. It is possible for evils to use the same methods. We choose not to, for the most part, though I suppose we've been sliding on that as well now that more goodies are playing evil, and we were introduced to such twinktastic fun by Dartan. None of this is meant as an attack, just an observation.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:17 pm

No offense but twink is a word that is meant as an insult.

I would much rather use strategy to do a zone with less people where they all have to be good players and all have to be on the ball then just throw a bunch of people together and blast away at things.

The fact that using strategy to do things differently is seen as a bad thing is just sad.
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:18 pm

So getting back on track...

Any more thoughts on this belt?
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:22 pm

is "strategy" good when it causes a piece of eq to get downgraded that takes 10 normal people but only 2 elite people?
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:25 pm

I respect strategy up to the point where it begins to bypass the spirit of the game and the intention of its makers. At that point, I consider it an exploit of imperfection.

Sorry about hijacking your thread, Maedor. Roots belt is still one of the better belts in the game, and with the proper group, it can be a quick zone. They might want to consider tweaking the proc now, though, to bring it more in line with the stats of the belt.
icecillam
Sojourner

Postby icecillam » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:26 pm

actually any thoughts on the cullendar too? is + moves really that devistating? I can see the sv spell getting axed some, but only one or two people use em.
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:33 pm

Todrael wrote:They might want to consider tweaking the proc now, though, to bring it more in line with the stats of the belt.

Why not just tweak the belt to fit the fight?
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:37 pm

Heck, just ditch the cuendillar and work roots belt stats off of the entire zone, since everybody goes for the roots belt, anyway. Take all stats off cuendillar and attach it to a charm braclet.
icecillam
Sojourner

Postby icecillam » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:40 pm

actually according to the "system", shouldnt the two pieces of eq be uber from there now?

Considering !tele, have to clear swarms of mobs to get in there. Mobs repop on you causing. Etc. Heck its sure a lot more mob clearing than say a musp mob.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:41 pm

Just for the record, I agree with you Tod.

Ok now for the roots belt, glad I have a demi girdle already. Now my necro wont have belt envy when looking at Depok. No reason to sell my soul for an old roots belt either.

Thanks.
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:44 pm

old depok wrote:Just for the record, I agree with you Tod.

Ok now for the roots belt, glad I have a demi girdle already. Now my necro wont have belt envy when looking at Depok. No reason to sell my soul for an old roots belt either.

Thanks.

Old and New are the same now i believe. Mageable. Correct me if I'm wrong :)
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:49 pm

The new belts are same ansi as old but are not mageable.

thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:58 pm

Crypts is easy, whichever way you choose to do it.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
oteb
Sojourner

Postby oteb » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:58 pm

i would rather spend 1h with 6 ppl in roots than 6 hours with 15ppl to have 1in60 chance of getting mage belt from gold seal that is 20hp
You group-say 'who is da red shape?'
A red shape group-says 'I'm a shape'
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:10 pm

oteb wrote:i would rather spend 1h with 6 ppl in roots than 6 hours with 15ppl to have 1in60 chance of getting mage belt from gold seal that is 20hp

For normal folks maybe..for an oteb 2in3 chance;)
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:19 pm

oteb wrote:i would rather spend 1h with 6 ppl in roots than 6 hours with 15ppl to have 1in60 chance of getting mage belt from gold seal that is 20hp

What were the other stats on your belt Oteb?

hp isn't everything, sorry.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:32 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Heck, just ditch the cuendillar and work roots belt stats off of the entire zone, since everybody goes for the roots belt, anyway. Take all stats off cuendillar and attach it to a charm braclet.

or do what savras does. make one zone and have all different kind of rewards, thus justifying stats. make it so only one item loads in roots
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:34 pm

Dalar wrote:or do what savras does. make one zone and have all different kind of rewards, thus justifying stats. make it so only one item loads in roots

I concur...
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:42 am

Well the thing about crypts is the risks, if you do mass die its naked CR and having to fight your way to corpses. Alot of other zones are much easier CRs.
Lil
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:05 am

Roots belt's 2 extra HP not a big deal. 9 str is quite nice. I don't think roots will be done as much, but probably still be on the agenda. I think it might still get done for people who ask / lead it specifically but certainly not as a run of the mill zone.

PS: I did use cuenduillar for all my spellsave. :(
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:58 am

name one ohter zone that was responsible for a restore from backup.

Heartstone always had stats that were overlooked, but now those stats seemed to have made roots belt just plain silly.

Roots is one of the most unique zones on toril and it can basically go play with itself with the !mage flag added and with the downgrade it holds no distinction over any of the other belts.

Wonder how many "points" SPOB got for being "unique"

This change is as ridiculous as making new ones !mage and leaving the old ones in the game was.

-----------------------------------------
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt!

GOD DAMNIT why did I pond my ticket!
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:48 pm

kiryan wrote:i think heartstone was 100 moves previously not 50.

Heartstone used to be 100mv, -10sv_sp, perm-light (can not be darknessed).

Heartstone is now 50mv, -5sv_sp, perm-light.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:43 pm

Todrael wrote:I was pointing out that goodies do zones on an inherently different level than evils do the same zones. It is my opinion that the system applied to eq changes took into account the "goodie" method of doing each zone, and not the "evil" way. It is possible for evils to use the same methods. We choose not to, for the most part, though I suppose we've been sliding on that as well now that more goodies are playing evil, and we were introduced to such twinktastic fun by Dartan. None of this is meant as an attack, just an observation.

Sorry, but you said it yourself when we did 4 ancestral dragons. Ssryth had been doing the same tactics we used before. I won't doubt Ssissiv and Ssissu had been doing the same too. Hell, ever heard of Tagad and Taelin soloing chloracrida? I didn't introduce anything. The only reason I came into the light was b/c of DSR/Imphras flamewars. Lilithelle was doing "twinky" stuff at the same time too but she never caught attention because it was always Dornax pointing out my actions. The tactics I used were smart and saved time. I will assume the "goodie" way is indeed the "smart" way.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:56 pm

I don't understand why you're replying to something that you already read, and was already replied to twice by other people, then again by me to clarify the situation? I didn't mean it as an attack. I meant it as an observation. You're one of the best players I've seen, as is Lilithelle. That doesn't mean that nobody else uses the same tactics, nor does it mean I have to approve of those tactics in every case. To quote myself:

I respect strategy up to the point where it begins to bypass the spirit of the game and the intention of its makers. At that point, I consider it an exploit of imperfection.

Return to “Object Changes”