spob warrior gauntlets

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Larem
Sojourner

spob warrior gauntlets

Postby Larem » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:34 pm

okay, orcish hall of plunder gauntlets have retained thier 13 agi along with the 2 dam and ac 8

spob warrior gauntlets, which are harder to come by have lost the 13 agi for some reason, all other stats staying the same

just wandering why they should lose a modifier and lesser zone eq's keep thiers
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:41 pm

Orcish hall helm is still 2dam pfl too. And it's in a midlevel zone.. Conquest helm is only 2dam 8hp... Hell, it's harder to just GET to the quest mob than it is to get the OHP helm.
Clangeddin
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Clangeddin » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:44 pm

Not to speak for the other zones, since I don't know who recalculated them, but OHP items were calculated using the same system that was used in converting other zones...thus none of the OHP items should have changed.

Again, not debating the "fairness" of the comparison, just explaining why you're seeing what you're seeing.
Clangeddin Silverbeard, Lord of the Twin Axes
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:07 am

i know this maumman, that is why i don't understand the change upon the spob gauntlets, i have noticed a patern with the equipment changes, mostly it's losing damage and gaining hit, the spob gauntlets already had this hit and i didn't really see why no one wanted them then, i think the +hit is good for warrior types, since malee damage from a warrior can barely kill a street cleaner, all we need is hit to proc our ebony, but why the gauntlets should lose thier modifier is beyond me, it's from one of the longer/harder zones and is not the bottom level of equipment from there, i think if anything, they should have had the agi taken for maybe maxstr, since warrior skills are mostly based upon str anyway, why not make warrior eq reflect the use of that skill, i'm not overly upset about the agi loss, just the fact that that was the only thing done to them

Return to “Object Changes”