Conquest Armor/Helm

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Conquest Armor/Helm

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:26 pm

Ok, i've been told that conquest armor was nerfed because the point value on eq balance for items with both +dam and +hp bits were set high. Truth is, these pieces were hardly worth questing BEFORE the changes, now they're just plain silly. Considering at least one sub-quest is required for one of them, and the items in general aren't easy to get, and the fact it has an !alignment flag these items should at LEAST be restored to their old stats OR changed to:
Helm
ac10 +2 dam +10 hp
Armor
ac20 +3 dam +10hp

These both reflect something closer to their original stats. and given that a few of the items required for the quest actually got an UPGRADE, it's more than appropriate.
As it is now, one of the items used in the quest actually has better stats (+2 dam +20 hp) than the armor itself!

Compared to other body armor, not naming names, but all are considerably easier to get and don't require a big quest or more than 1 rare:

ac20 +2 dam +9 dex pfg
ac20 +2 dam +9 agi pff (perhaps even higher on the ac)
ac15 +1 hit +2 dam
or even spob armor

I've seen quite a few other opinions on this matter, i'm definately not the only one that feels this way!
Last edited by Delmair Aamoren on Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:48 pm

its funny that chlora armor is better than conquest armor. I thought I understood the formula, but I guess not. Its 1 dragon.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:50 pm

one non-rare dragon (or so it's rumored) that can almost be soloed =P
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:01 am

Would definitely say this is one of the larger imbalances. Not quite sure what's so great about a +dam/+hp combo in particular, but I think reconsideration of the value of dam/hp should be looked at. Scorps razor is another instance of this.

Ssome of the items you need just to quest this are more valuable than the end result! As mentioned above, consider the difference between conquest and chlora armor, which is absurdly easy to obtain in comparison.
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:19 am

Both of these items require 6+ items from 6+ zones to quest. They are worthless right now, and need to have their stats fixed. They are a waste of time and effort to quest.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:18 am

Delmair Aamoren wrote:one non-rare dragon (or so it's rumored) that can almost be soloed =P

Can be solo'ed. Done it several times.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:07 am

I'm just happy I never finished my own conquest armor.
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:50 am

Yah, to anyone working on it. don't bother. keep the gear.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:08 am

the original stats were slightly out of balance (not other planar armor out of balance however) the reduced stats were barely worth questing. The current stats are laughable.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
omrec
Sojourner

Postby omrec » Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:15 am

What were the original stats on conquest stuff? I only now reduced/nerfed version.

The sad thing is, I was one item away from finishing this. Now I just won't bother. Maybe i'll trade in one of those piles of chlora scales I have lying around. Hell, or just keep the TF plate for the hitroll..:P

Fix conquest armor/helm. They need upgrades from what they were, not downgrades.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:22 pm

Actually omrec, pre changes the stats were prettymuch what i posted above. Given the new point system and the intent of what the imms wanted to do with the items it probbably should have just been left where it was. But you are aboslutely right in that it DEFINATELY didn't need a downgrade.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:22 pm

Actually omrec, pre changes the stats were prettymuch what i posted above. Given the new point system and the intent of what the imms wanted to do with the items it probbably should have just been left where it was. But you are aboslutely right in that it DEFINATELY didn't need a downgrade.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:53 am

a suit of green dragon scalemail AC 25 +7 hp +2dmg PFG !c !t !m.

This is a small muspel quest item considerably easier to get than conquest armor or helm. yet it's superior in two fields, and comparable in a third. neat. Not to mention the conquest armor is more restricted.

Return to “Object Changes”