shroud

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Zoldren
Sojourner

shroud

Postby Zoldren » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:44 pm

why did most mages wear this item? pfl, sense life
why do they wear it now? thats right they dont.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:08 pm

this is the staple for most mid/higher end casters till the can do those uber quests/zones...
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:32 am

I used my shroud as a utility item and a quest item. As a utility item, I kept it in my bag for sense life (its primary function under my use), an emergency pfa/pfl item, loaner pfg item, and for max-int tests. The items I wore regularly have all been +hp.

- Mike
shalath
Sojourner

well I loved it ;-(

Postby shalath » Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:38 am

Well, I used to love this item. +hps are all well and good, but the shroud as it was was IMHO worth trading for them.

The most important thing it gave, for me, that it has now lost, was sense life. Sense life is absolutely invaluable. Xping in DS? Sense life is a must, so you can see those pesky druids sneak into the room and abort your area effect spell. Helping a newbie Gray elf around Evermeet, or rescuing his corpse? Sense life is essential, so you notice that he's not following you any more when you can still dim back to him, and not relo ;)

The shroud as it was, was perfect. It had sense life as above, and permanent PR-GAS, so I can go up to smoke without worrying about it. The rest was just a bonus - some nice sv_spell, some max_int to help hit my memming notch, even some AC, all nice but not essential. PR-ACID and PR-LIGHT - well, I've not really noticed I need em at all, cause in a zone you always get realms from a cleric when you need it anyway. Sure it's nice to be permanent PR-ALL, but not a must.

All in all, the shroud as it was, was well worth (in my opinion) trading hp about for. I'd probably even have worn it in preference to a +40hp about cloak (but then I'm mad, everyone will tell you that).

As it is now, I wear some +25hp about body robes, and only swap to the shroud when going up on smoke.

Bring back sense life, leave PR-GAS, leave INT_MAX, leave SV_SPELL, get rid of the PR-ACID, PR-LIGHT and even the AC! That'd make me really happy, but more than that make this a useful item again ;-)

-shalath
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:26 am

I for one used the shroud because of prot-gas, prot-acid and sense life. ac, maxint, spellsave etc was nice to have, but nothing I really cared that much about, unless in the arena :P
"Being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you; and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch [...]. When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"
--Futurama
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:20 pm

Shrug its just gonna be used in quests now folks... move on.

And pfa > PFG Pfl, Acid poofs your eq, where lightning and gas dont. Realms is nice and all but run to tp and have a pyro hydra waiting there sometime, hope you had pff on.. or have realms get displed with new prism, hope you had pff pfa pfc on. Pfg and pfl are bonus, id say if you keep one, keep the one thats gonna proctect you from having your eq poofed.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'

Return to “Object Changes”