Human Eye

A forum for discussion of the object changes...one thread per item please. Read the first post!
Zoldren
Sojourner

Human Eye

Postby Zoldren » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:45 pm

this is a mage luxury item
it is/was mage only

now its only dm/da,
was dm/da/sense/di
maybe drop the sense, but put it back on shroud atleast,
what is the point in removing di from an item thats mage only?
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:53 am

Even mage only DI is hard to get other than this item, the eye is pathetically easy to get. I solo it with my druid multiple times. I know rogues that have solo'd it a few times.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:40 pm

like i said, it was di, not anymore, its mage only, whats the problem where s the balance problem? we cast the dam spell. let us wear it..

what dont you solo? demi? jot? oh wait u do solo those.
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:44 pm

sigh, haven't been soloing jot since branches :(
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:42 pm

I solo'd that eye several times, want one?
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:38 am

mage only DI items make sense.

This was a time saver versus giving a skill away to another class. There is a big difference.

DI should cost an astronomical amount ONLY when the useable classes can not actually cast the spell.

Dropping the sense life is appropriate, dropping DI just makes it another piece of toriltrash.
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:04 pm

The ability to switch in detect alignment so easy seems nice to me, but then i guess evils don't worry much about what alignment they kill.
irta
Sojourner

Postby irta » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:22 pm

Lilithelle wrote:The ability to switch in detect alignment so easy seems nice to me, but then i guess evils don't worry much about what alignment they kill.

You'd be surprised how sick to your stomach you feel as an evil when your alignment is at -990. -1000 is the only place to be, otherwise other evils will laugh at you and call you a "wanna-be evil" -- course they already do towards goodie evils, but that's a different thread.

That said, detect evil would need to do a better job showing exactly how evil the mobs you're killing are before it made the slightest difference in who I kill.

the Irta
irta
Sojourner

Postby irta » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:46 pm

Lilithelle wrote:The ability to switch in detect alignment so easy seems nice to me, but then i guess evils don't worry much about what alignment they kill.

You'd be surprised how sick to your stomach you feel as an evil when your alignment is at -990. -1000 is the only place to be, otherwise other evils will laugh at you and call you a "wanna-be evil" -- course they already do towards goodie evils, but that's a different thread.

That said, detect evil would need to do a better job showing exactly how evil the mobs you're killing are before it made the slightest difference in who I kill.

the Irta

Return to “Object Changes”